PDA

View Full Version : Confessions of an.... Air Steward...!

Malteser
29th Apr 2002, 12:09
Don't know if there's been a post on this so far, but did anyone catch this program on ITV over the weekend?

What a load of tosh!

I've never seen so much rubbish in my life... especially the bit where one guy says he used to get the flight deck to 'manufacture' some 'turbulence' by (and I quote) "wiggling some things at the back of the aircraft".....

These guy's are obviously cabin crew (or ex-) but how on earth do they think they could get away with such drivel.

Right, off to wiggle the bits at the back now....

ScottyDawg
29th Apr 2002, 13:10
............AND...........

Did you see that bit where several of these tossers "confessed" or should I say "alleged" to taking the controls of the aircraft in flight......
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ridiculous piece of tabloid dribble......... Unfortunately Joe Public probably will believe it wholeheartedly.....:eek: :eek:

Tolsti
29th Apr 2002, 14:30
The Cabin Crew forum already carries quite a bit on this topic.... all in the same vein

flapsforty
29th Apr 2002, 15:56
Here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29938) is the link to the original post on the cabin crew forum asking for volunteers; gives the blokes' e-mail addy as well. :rolleyes:

If you want to make your feelings known to the company that broadcast the programme, you can do so here (http://www.itc.org.uk/how_can_we_help/complain/prog_complaint_form.asp) .

Both links plagiarized from the CC forum. :)

rightstuff
29th Apr 2002, 17:47
I saw the programme unfortunately and although not flight deck myself I couldn't believe what I was hearing.Of course one of them had to mention The Mile High Club because he knew all his mates would be watching,God knows what other dribble he comes out with when he's doing his version of An Audience with ..... down at his local.

29th Apr 2002, 18:58
Mile high sounds jolly uncomfortable to me, given that it's about 6080ft; give me the five mile high club any time :)

Alpha Leader
30th Apr 2002, 07:36
This would not be one of those stewards who wear their pants back-to-front and keep their fly open - hoping for a wiggle at the back?
:D

Eff Oh
30th Apr 2002, 09:41
I also loved the part on emergencys. One of the girls was describing how, on the way back across the pond on a jumbo they lost an engine. "The pilot was wrestling with the controls and was green with fear!" "We then managed to limp into a divertion airfield on THREE engines!" :D Wish I had 3 engines to limp about on! ;)
I think it is now obvious that this girl has found a new career as a tabloid jounalist!! :D
Eff Oh.

sharpshot
30th Apr 2002, 11:43
:cool: Well how politically correct the aviation world is in the 21st century. Can you not even accept that things were different once upon a time before computers & FBW........

A close relative of mine, now aged 80, but still flying up until he was 78 once took umbridge to a man of the cloth trying to conduct a religious ceremony mid way across the pond: circa 1971 in a 707. The cabin crew were trying to serve meals at the time and what with a single aisle - not easy.

So yes, after a brief P.A. call to warn of clear air turbulence, a less than smooth ride was induced and the sermon terminated!

That might beg many questions, but the man in the left hand seat was a Test Pilot and even at 80 I would go anywhere in a plane with him!

And these things never happen...............