PDA

View Full Version : FlyPast Aerojumble at Popham 6th May

LowNSlow
29th Apr 2002, 11:29
Anybody going to the above? I'll be there in Auster G-AHAM if anybody wants to meet up and have some of the best barbeque hotdogs in the world (well Hampshire at least). :D

LowNSlow
7th May 2002, 09:00
Did anybody else go? The wx was fairly rubbish but there was a reasonable amount of aeroplanes there.

Got some interesting stuff there and well worth a visit.

Hope you guys get better weather on 1st June :D

Genghis the Engineer
7th May 2002, 12:42
You should have been there Saturday, about 400 aircraft, mostly microlights flew in - 08/26 got turned into a parking area. I think I spent about £50 on the various aerojumble oddments, but the burgers and hot-dogs weren't quite at the normal standard.

G

FNG
7th May 2002, 12:54
I flew in on Saturday and made the worst landing I've achieved since.... the last time I landed with a large audience at a fly in. Then I almost blew some bloke's tent over whilst parking. Slightly alarming in the circuit with so many flexwings buzzing about, but all good fun, and remarkable to see so many aircraft.

LowNSlow
8th May 2002, 08:38
I couldn't make Saturday cos I was on hols unfortunately / fortunately whichever way you look at it :D

I was glad I went on Monday though as I managed to pick up a set of new tyres and tubes for the Auster at a very reasonable price. Got a new source for the tailwheel and spring that I've been searching for for ages too. Bonus :D :D

It was surprising to see 4 Austers there. The old dogs must be coming out of the woodwork and, dare I say it, becoming acceptable .....