PDA

View Full Version : JAR SEP conversion to EASA - where is a list of FTOs

xrayalpha
27th May 2013, 11:18
Hi,

Looking to (being forced to ) convert JAR SEP to EASA SEP.

But where do I find a list of FTOs where I can get the "head" to certify my copies of my licence and medical pages?

Most flying schools are still RTFs, I think?

Also, why if the CAA have my medical details, do I need to send in certified copies?

And, although it mentions something about identity, it doesn't seem to say anywhere I need to send in certified copies of passport etc.

I have a feeling that the nearest FTO might be 60-70 miles away (at Perth).

Can I just send the originals in anyway, and skip the round trip?

Keef
27th May 2013, 11:43
I had the same problem. I sent the originals. They all came back except for the medical certificate. I had a copy of that, and was due a new one soon anyway, so pulled that ahead a bit (within the "expiry date" limit, so nothing lost).

172driver
27th May 2013, 12:49
Why are you 'forced to' ?? My understanding is that at the end of the 5-year re-issuance period, the CAA will send you an EASA license instead of the current JAR/JAA one. Am I missing something ??

S-Works
27th May 2013, 14:21
Why are you 'forced to' ?? My understanding is that at the end of the 5-year re-issuance period, the CAA will send you an EASA license instead of the current JAR/JAA one. Am I missing something ??

Yep......

When your current JAA licence expires you will have to apply for a Part FCL licence. This will require an SRG1104, SRG1199 and certified copies of your ratings revalidation page and medical.

If you are sitting back and expecting one to just turn up in the post you are going to be in for a bit of a surprise.......

Most people are now preempting the expiry and applying or are reaching the expiry now and thus are going through the hoops to renew and convert. I had to do mine in January. Its actually not as much of a pain as it sounds. You either send the originals or find the Head of Training of an ATO to certify the documents.

It takes a few months at the current rate to get the new licence through so its wise to do it sooner than later. You have nothing to lose as the Part FCL is non expiring.

kui2324
27th May 2013, 17:36
XrayAlpha:

Previous RTFs on this list: http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/20130508StandardsDocument30v34%20(2).pdf are allowed to certify your documents until 7th April 2015.

Having been through this in the last few months our local flying school instructors have been signing our forms and it took 3 weeks for my new blue licence to arrive. You only need the photocopy of pages of your logbook if you are claiming for any of the new ratings where you will need to show your experience.

It's not as hard as it might seem!

172driver
27th May 2013, 18:10
Head of Training of an ATO to certify the documents.

Anywhere in EASAland or does this have to be in the UK ?

tmmorris
27th May 2013, 19:02
Can I just check, if my JAR PPL(A) doesn't expire for another couple of years, I don't need to take any action yet? Bearing in mind I have an IMCR?

Tim

BEagle
13th Jun 2013, 11:47
Can I just check, if my JAR PPL(A) doesn't expire for another couple of years, I don't need to take any action yet? Bearing in mind I have an IMCR?

If you haven't converted your JAR-FCL PPL(A) with IMC rating into a Part-FCL PPL(A) with IR(R) before 8 Apr 2014, you will not be able to exercise IMC privileges on EASA aeroplanes from that date until you do.