PDA

View Full Version : Haydock Park Racecourse

nouseforaname
22nd May 2013, 18:25
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience on landing here is it smooth and well looked after? Flying in a retractable with low pop clearance don't mind landing (and leaving hopefully!) on good grass

Thanks in advance

Joe le Taxi
22nd May 2013, 19:42
It is many years since I have flown there - I dont recall many bumps, but the grass was long and the trees at the bottom of the slope are very very big :eek: - You need plenty of margin on the runway performance - dont be fooled by the TORA.

irish seaplane
24th May 2013, 08:27
I haven't landed on it, as the day we had planned to go on which was ladies eve last year it was waterlogged. There is a TV screen quite close to the threshold and the tree's are a factor at each end. It doesn't look like 800m useable when you eyeball it, but it is there. I would say the surface is fine for a PA32, C182, C210 or most Twins. There has been lots of Seneca's, C401, C303 and C310 types in there over the years. We had a fantastic time the evening we went, there was 24 of us in total and it was my stag do and we went over in 4 aircraft in loose formation.

PM me if you want mobile number for clerk of the course.

Irish