PDA

View Full Version : EASA licence transfer, Annex B and all that....

Duchess_Driver
20th May 2013, 21:33
Been asked by my current employer to consider transferring my UK issued EASA CPL and associated tickets to that of the EASA country that I am now working in most of the time.

I am not so sure how I feel about this, (National pride and all that) but I suppose with all this EASA stuff it shouldn't make a difference. Can anybody give me ideas about how long the process usually takes to complete? Can I still work on my existing licence whilst the transfer is being undertaken? Any horror stories you'd like to share?

Also, I'd like to check my understanding....

My UK issued EASA licence has scribbled on it a statement to the effect that I can fly a Non-EASA aircraft registered in the UK for which a PART-FCL licence is not required.

If I transfer my UK issued EASA licence to a new state of registry, does my existing licence remain valid for Non-EASA aircraft registered in the UK? I am presuming my new EASA licence to the state that I am working in could have the Non-EASA privilages applied in a similar manner. How does this affect my medical....would I then need two medicals, one valid in the UK for non-EASA and one in the state to which I transfer for the PART-FCL stuff? Where do I hang my UK issued IMCR - does that still stay with the Non-EASA stuff as I can't see where else it can go? (Not that I really need it!)

Cheers

DD

nick14
21st May 2013, 06:35
Depends who you are transferring to I guess. I know the IAA are currently dealing with a backlog and the process could take as long as 4 months. It is a fairly simple procedure and you can continue to operate as long as your current licence remains valid with appropriate ratings and medical etc.

As far as non-EASA aircraft goes you would have to talk to the authority you are transferring to and the CAA to confirm whether you can. As long as the aircraft doesn't require a non-EASA rating then I'm fairly confident that you can fly them with an EASA licence.

As for medicals you only need 1, as you can only hold one licence in any aircraft category (aside from national licences). IMC is non-transferable at present as the implementing rules regarding the EIR have not yet been formalised.

S-Works
21st May 2013, 07:08
It's a pain in the ass. I have came back the other way. You will lose your IMCr as it can only go on a UK licence. I was lucky in that I held a UK licence originally and still had a national ICAO licence with the IMCr on it so git it all back in order on transfer.

You can only have one Part FCL licence at a time so you will lose your UK one completely. You will need to get a UK national licence to continue to fly UK Annex II aircraft.

Depending on the state that you go to your examiner may not be able to sign your licence which means a re issue every time you renew or revalidate a rating. This was the case with my last state and with 14 type and class ratings on my licence it took some careful coordination!!

Whopity
21st May 2013, 07:24
If I transfer my UK issued EASA licence to a new state of registry, does my existing licence remain valid for Non-EASA aircraft registered in the UK? ANO Article 50A (3) A person must not act as a member of the flight crew of an excepted aircraft unless—

(b) the person holds an appropriate licence granted, converted or rendered valid
under the EASA Aircrew Regulation. So any EASA licence is valid for a UK Annex II aircraft.

faaalltheway
21st Nov 2017, 22:44
Depending on the state that you go to your examiner may not be able to sign your licence which means a re issue every time you renew or revalidate a rating. This was the case with my last state and with 14 type and class ratings on my licence it took some careful coordination!!

Hi bose-x, are you saying that if you don't convert it you might need to have your licence reissued by the UK CAA given the examiner might not be able to sign it?

Not sure if you're pro or against each option, would you be able to clarify please?

Either way, would an employer be able to impose that change or could one continue to live happy ever after with the original state of issue if one is happy with them? Not all EASA countries are as simple as others when it comes to bureaucracy so I'm thinking if I can keep the one I'm happy with, that'd be the best scenario?

Please let me know if I'm missing something guys..