PDA

View Full Version : Who was PIC and gets to log the time?

piperboy84
13th May 2013, 14:43
BBC News - Pilotless flight trialled in UK shared airspace (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22511395)

This opens up a whole bunch of new possibilities for commercial flying such as sacking the captain and with the savings the airline could offer the passengers extras like an open bar or even lap dancers during the flight. I cant wait !!!!!

hvogt
13th May 2013, 15:08
While I'm rather certain the pilot in this case was legally acting as pilot-in-command, I fear in future he or she will be demoted to what ICAO already calls an 'RPA observer', i.e. 'A trained and competent person designated by the operator who, by visual observation of the remotely piloted aircraft, assists the remote pilot in the safe conduct of the flight.'

Steve6443
13th May 2013, 15:09
[tongue in cheek mode ON]
Dump the male flight attendants. No one wanted them in the first place.

Replace all the female flight attendants with good-looking strippers!
What the hell, they don't even serve food anymore, so what's the loss?

The strippers would at least triple the alcohol sales and get a 'party atmosphere' going in the cabin. And, of course, every businessman in this country would start flying again, hoping to see naked women.

Because of the tips, female flight attendants wouldn't need a salary , thus saving even more money. I suspect tips would be so good that we could charge the women for working the plane and have them kick back 20% of the tips, including lap dances and 'special services.'

Muslims would be afraid to get on the planes for fear of seeing naked women. Hijackings would come to a screeching halt, and the airline industry would see record revenues.

This is definitely a win-win situation if we handle it right -- a golden opportunity to turn a liability into an asset.....

[tongue in cheek mode off]

grumbles69
13th May 2013, 15:56
Steve6443

How inspiring. I can't do anything but agree.

What a bloody good idea!

Someone should tell Mr Branson. :D

dont overfil
13th May 2013, 16:36
Someone should tell Mr Branson

He has been doing some market research himself in drag. He needs to lose the beard.:yuk:

D.O.

piperboy84
13th May 2013, 17:15
kick back 20% of the tips, including lap dances and 'special services.'

Who says "pimpin ain't easy" ? this sounds like money in da bank !!!

grumbles69
13th May 2013, 17:24
don't overfil

I must admit it is a bit suspect. He seems just a bit too eager to glam up! :eek:

smithgd
14th May 2013, 21:15
Who was PIC and gets to log the time?
BBC News - Pilotless flight trialled in UK shared airspace

This opens up a whole bunch of new possibilities for commercial flying such as sacking the captain and with the savings the airline could offer the passengers extras like an open bar or even lap dancers during the flight. I cant wait !!!!!

The PIC will be the person in command:O Remember that the PIC doesn't have to be the hands on pilot or on board....an airline captain can log PIC when he is asleep resting for :mad: sake!

An unmanned aircraft dosn't mean there is no human in control, it just means there is no human on board (yes I know this aircraft was piloted!)