PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus cadet program 2013

Pages : 1 2 [3]

steelbranch
2nd Aug 2013, 07:59
When do the assessments finish? I understand it's wrapping up next week. Anyone have info to confirm/rubbish this?

Sharklet7
2nd Aug 2013, 09:20
Hey Steelbranch,

Where did you hear that the assessments are finishing next week?
We were told they were planning on continuing assessment centres well into August.

Saying that they may have decided that they have met the desired number of candidates appropriate for the next stage, but to be honest I reckon there's a couple more weeks on it yet.

Are you waiting on getting called?

Anyone who has been to the assessment centres eecently....did they say what training school they are planning on using? They mentioned they were still in talks and would release info soon, saying that they said they had a good working relationship with Jerez so I highly suspect that is their preference.

steelbranch
2nd Aug 2013, 09:58
From a good source. Not just making it up. Let's see what happens, but that is my understanding for now.

Gialluccio
2nd Aug 2013, 10:13
Last Tuesday at the assessment centre they said they would train their cadets at fte in jerez. But it isn't sure. They are talking about price with fte...

Libertine Winno
2nd Aug 2013, 10:13
We were told on Wednesday that it is still TBC but looking very much like being FTE...

daveandg
2nd Aug 2013, 10:23
Purely playing devils advocate, but next week could be 'well into August' as the end of the calendar week is almost at the months halfway point.

Based purely on the timescales of the 2011 programme, and the is complete speculation, invites could potentially go out in the last week of August for panel interview in the first two weeks of september. Still a hideous few weeks for you to wait!

thebestof10
2nd Aug 2013, 11:50
G-CFMX i'm going the same day! At 9am, gud luck :D

rojocrv
2nd Aug 2013, 13:38
i was told this week at the assesment, that i would not, nor anybody else hear about the next stage until september

Sharklet7
2nd Aug 2013, 20:04
Good evening all,

Anyone who has been to an assessment centre recently, were you told if the number of cadet places would be increased to twenty or not?

Thanks

Gialluccio
2nd Aug 2013, 21:33
They aren't sure: depending on price of training.

bsal
2nd Aug 2013, 21:53
I had my assessment on the 30th July and they said they are running it for another 2 weeks and we will hear back late August early September. They also said it is for 10 positions, they never mentioned a possibility of more than that. So if it is on for another 2 weeks around 200 more applicants will be called for assessments.

southernjock
3rd Aug 2013, 02:37
Hello All,

Managed to get invited onto what I believe is the last group assessment slot in Dublin. I better get my flights and (possibly) hotel booked!

See some of the rest of you hopeful wannabes there.

skylark89
3rd Aug 2013, 06:49
Guess that's done and dusted for me.. :(

Cherrytaz
3rd Aug 2013, 08:38
Similar to what others have said I attended assessment on Wednesday gone by (31st July).

Paxi_R6
3rd Aug 2013, 13:03
One question on the actual assessments(Most of us done)
1)From verbal/Numeral reasoning did you think you answered most correctly.(True,False or cannot say) cannot say was real kick in the nuts I think!
2)Spatial awareness, I knew exactly what shape went where only problem was deciding did you have to answer it backwards and what way the shape went ( example on the 3D Square "Triangle Up" but looking at the boxes to answer its "triangle down" etc) just wondering where I went wrong?

wiblywoblywonder
7th Aug 2013, 12:07
Did anybody get confirmation from today's assessment (07Aug) that it was the final one as suggested by a post earlier? I remember doing well at the CTC assessments a couple of years back, but seeing as I didn't get called yet to AL I must have lost alot of aptitude since then !!!

:sad:

Sharklet7
8th Aug 2013, 08:55
Well has anyone had an invite to an Assessment Day next week?

Or are we assuming that the Assessment Days have now been completed?

What does the next stage after the Assessment Days entail?

dublinaviator
9th Aug 2013, 08:42
Wednesday was the last assessment day.

reeko
9th Aug 2013, 09:22
where did you hear this from? surely the haven't got all people assessed?

daveandg
9th Aug 2013, 09:43
dublinaviator.....can I ask how you know that?

Reeko....they've been doing assessments for weeks now, and given the numbers being thrown around it would appear they've seen about a third of the initial applicants. They're under no obligation to see everyone, after all every stage has a competitive aspect.

Just to echo Sharklet's comment above, has anyone had an invite for next week? Both here and Boards no1's mentioned it, so maybe this stage is complete with invites to the next stage being evaluated?

reeko
9th Aug 2013, 09:57
does anyone know if they will send out 'sorry unsuccessful' email through?

reeko
9th Aug 2013, 14:08
Fly-Boi-1992

did you hear this from HR?

daveandg
9th Aug 2013, 17:37
Is this legitimate? Or have you confused this thread for the Aer Lingus direct entry thread? This is the cadetship...

TheOne83
9th Aug 2013, 19:21
@daveandg

Yes, sorry, I did

nabanoba
11th Aug 2013, 14:29
I can confirm Wednesday was the last day. I know because I was offered a choice of interview days this week and was told Wednesday is the final day.

reeko
11th Aug 2013, 16:07
Does anyone know if any Northern Ireland applicants got invited to the Dublin assessments?

daveandg
11th Aug 2013, 16:13
I know of at least one from Northern Ireland, so they definitely were

Hangar6
11th Aug 2013, 17:33
Stay focused, Irish leaving certificate results are out this Wednesday
And this will cause the process to move along apace, applicants are from
All over world but the requirement is Cleared to work and reside in EU.

Good luck

reeko
11th Aug 2013, 18:11
Hangar6

are you referring to those who have been invited to the DUB assessments or those that haven't received any information?

daveandg
11th Aug 2013, 18:57
@reeko

Hangar6 please correct me if ive got the wrong end of the stick, but I believe it's being inferred that those who have completed their assessments need to stay sharp, as invitations to the next round could swiftly follow the results of the Leaving certs i.e. there could be less time to prepare than you think!

Hangar6
11th Aug 2013, 19:03
Mea culpa I did mean the next stage as groups are over Apologies for any upset

Tin-Budgie
12th Aug 2013, 10:57
Congratulations to all who have got through and best of luck for the future!

I will keep going with modular training until next year! :(

reeko
12th Aug 2013, 19:28
Are the chances high that this will run again in 2014?

Sharklet7
13th Aug 2013, 13:41
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone who has been to a recent assessment day was told when invites to the next stage are going out?

And was any more detail of the next stage discussed?

Also was the number of positions mentioned? Is it still the ten or have they managed to get the funds for the twenty they had talked about??

CM175
13th Aug 2013, 14:45
Hi all,

Same as Sharklet, I sent an email to a HR responsible asking details about the next phase but the person is in holiday till the 19th.

Is someone here know the content of the following steps ?

Eligio
15th Aug 2013, 08:14
Hi guys,

During my interview I was asked if I had some questions for them, so I asked how many places there will be and what will be the next stage. They told me that places are 10, but they hope well for 20. As regards the next stage it will include an interview with a psychologist and some medical examination. I'm still waiting for their response, I hope well to pass through the next stage!

I hope I was helpful for you,

Best regards to all!

flyingtom86
15th Aug 2013, 10:04
Calls for next stage going out, thankfully made it through, see you at the next stage :)

Sharklet7
15th Aug 2013, 10:52
Well done flyingtom86,

Did they inform you what the next stage will entail? Or when will it happen?

Have you any flying experience yourself?

flyingtom86
15th Aug 2013, 10:59
Interview at head office in 2 weeks, then as previously mentioned psycho assessments and medical in the following weeks if successful. I have 180 hours, PPL, NQ & IMC.

Sharklet7
15th Aug 2013, 11:06
Fair play to you Tom

I have no experience at all so highly doubt a phone call. Saying that I cant help keep looking at my mobile lol.

I'll just have to keep praying and hoping I've done enough to impress them

flyingtom86
15th Aug 2013, 11:53
Thanks Skarklet but don't give up, the sponsorship was open to anyone with or without experience and I hope they will take on a good mix of backgrounds.

CM175
15th Aug 2013, 14:07
Hi folks,

Good job flyingtom !
Just one thing, did them call you or did you received the answer by email?

The thing is I changed my phone number so they do not have the new one!

Good luck everybody!

flyingtom86
15th Aug 2013, 17:11
Thanks CM175, phone call received this morning followed by email containing full details this afternoon.

reeko
16th Aug 2013, 08:56
Great job flyingtom!:D

well pleased for you. Unfortunately I didn't make it this time. Would you say that the PPL and hours that you have played a big advantage on getting through?

Does anyone know or have hope that this scheme will return next year, I know its a bit of a far fetched question to ask but hopeful nonetheless.

flyingtom86
16th Aug 2013, 09:21
Hi Reeko,

Sorry to hear that, how did you find out, hopefully there will be an opportunity for you next year.

If i'm totally honest i'd say my current career and profession for the last 6 years may have been a bigger contributing factor to get me this far.

Sharklet7
16th Aug 2013, 09:22
Hey Reeko,

Did you get word that you haven't been successful or are you just assuming?

Are you from Northern Ireland by any chance?

I would love it to be run again next year but to be honest I'd imagine at best that it will be two years before we see this again. A long time like.

Sharklet7

reeko
16th Aug 2013, 09:37
flyingtom, I take it your career/ profession was aviation related? if so would you advise this?

Sharklet, I haven't had any word from AL. Iv'e sent emails and that but nothing back. But I didn't get invited to assessments in DUB so bad news for me. I was really hopeful too, it not just something I've wanted overnight!!

I really hope that the market will pick up and tha AL will be able to offer another cadetship. But i suppose anything can change in an instant with aviation...:{

Libertine Winno
16th Aug 2013, 10:22
Anyone out there, other than flyingtom, had a call from EI inviting to the next stage? Or know of anyone that has?! Can't believe Tom's the ONLY Ppruner to get the good news so far...!

flyingtom86
16th Aug 2013, 10:28
There are two other PPruners who have had the good call. Both PM'd me so I won't disclose names until they do so themselves.

baldopilot
16th Aug 2013, 11:10
I was lucky enough to be invited to the next stage! Good luck to everyone else! Don't give up hope!

Cherrytaz
16th Aug 2013, 13:08
I've also been lucky enough to get called to next stage.

steelbranch
16th Aug 2013, 13:10
Those of you who have received invites to the next stage, were any of you in Dublin last week for interviews?

southernjock
16th Aug 2013, 13:36
I too was surprised yesterday by the good news of being selected for the next stage. Just need to make sure I can make the assessment dates!

Good luck to all others that have been accepted for the next stage and for those who haven't yet received an email hang on in there!

I was in Dublin for the last set of assessments at the start of this month.

Libertine Winno
16th Aug 2013, 13:45
Seems there are calls going out then!

Congrats to those who have received the call, fingers crossed for the rest of us for some good news before the weekend starts...!

flyingpony
16th Aug 2013, 13:57
I've also been lucky enough to get called to next stage. Very anxious though as I suspect I may be colourblind on red/green Don't worry about that, the big shamrock will help you find the plane!

limesoda
16th Aug 2013, 21:27
If applicants assessed at Dublin are not successful, will they receive an email confirmation. Having flown over from England, would be pretty disappointed if they didn't respond regardless of the results.

BufferB
17th Aug 2013, 06:51
I would like to know that too

flying_god
18th Aug 2013, 12:03
I'm through to the next stage with no PPL. Those with PPL's should have had an advantage in the technical section of the interview, as I found it very challenging. Taking the PPL exams would have made this section easier.

For those in the UK that are filling out the Garda vetting form for this stage, are they going to do a "Disclosure Scotland" CRB check or the full "Subject Access Request" from your local police authority ?

From what I was told the interviews are taking place up to w/c 9th September (may be later though), with the medical etc to follow the week after for the next stage. The courses will start in Jerez in two batches: Mid Oct / Mid Nov..

The colour blindness test you can do at most local opticians..

CM175
18th Aug 2013, 13:31
Is it only people who succeed it who received a call ?
Is any one of you received a call announcing the bad news ?
No sign for me at the moment.. I think it's over at that stage

KriVa
18th Aug 2013, 19:58
No call for me either at the moment. However, I don't think the HR department is operational over the weekend, or is it?
So I'd expect some more calls or emails to go out starting tomorrow.

Greendotz
18th Aug 2013, 22:50
I would imagine they’d send out all the invites for stage 3 first, and then just send a round of mass emails for the unsuccessful candidates. That’s what usually happens in recruitment drives, although some people who didn’t get through to stage 2 are saying they never got the rejection email, so who knows. Either way if you’ve heard nothing by the end of August I think it would be safe to assume you haven’t made it. I’ve heard nothing yet, the second half of my interview did go really badly so I’m not surprised but the hopeful optimist inside me was still clinging onto the slim chance that my performance in the other activities were enough to bring me up to standard.

Congratulations to all those who are booked in to stage 3, with around 600-800 people getting to stage 2 you’ve done well to be singled out as the elite. Good luck in the final stage.

Paxi_R6
19th Aug 2013, 03:03
600* people got to stage 2, They never emailed anyone who was Unsuccessful! They won't as far as I know they only tell people who've made the cut.

As for the PPL no harm having it shows genuine interest in flying but if you think having a PPL is an advantage you are truly mistaken! They're looking for the right person to fit the job like Personality/Skills/leadership/life experience and the person who's genuinely wanting to be a future captain for the airline will progress:ok: been plenty of guys taken on ahead of PPL holders they've only had few hours flying some none what so ever.

KriVa
19th Aug 2013, 09:25
People who were unsuccessful in the first stage, did not get a notice. As far as I know, and this had been confirmed on my assessment day in Dublin, people who were unsuccessful in getting through to stage 3, WILL get a notice about it.

KriVa
19th Aug 2013, 17:56
Anybody who got a call or email today?

CM175
20th Aug 2013, 08:11
Negative for me

pakythepilot
20th Aug 2013, 12:39
Hi mates! is out there anyone who attended the interview on 23th July and it has been called for the next step? I did my interview that day and just curios to know! :)

TeaTowel
21st Aug 2013, 18:22
but if you think having a PPL is an advantage you are truly mistaken! They're looking for the right person to fit the job like Personality/Skills/leadership/life experience

Yes guys don't be under any illusion they are hiring pilots here. They are hiring future management yes-men who will be used as head office spies on the flight deck in the interm.

limesoda
26th Aug 2013, 17:11
Still nothing. Anyone else?

KriVa
28th Aug 2013, 11:14
Negative for me.(As in "no news yet", not "I received negative information")

G-GOLF
2nd Sep 2013, 13:05
I've heard nothing since completing the online tests, for both Cadet and Direct Entry. Both have a current status of 'invite to pre selection online test'.

G-GOLF
2nd Sep 2013, 13:15
DEFO came along after the Cadet scheme. I had already applied to Cadet and so rather than eliminate myself through withdrawal, I'll let AL make the decision.

G-GOLF
2nd Sep 2013, 14:03
I have already answered a similar concern in post #130 of this thread.

pakythepilot
2nd Sep 2013, 14:19
Guys just noticed today that my application status has changed from invited for the online screening to 1st interview attended. Does anyone who has attended the first interview get the same modification on his/her application status?

G-GOLF
2nd Sep 2013, 14:26
I wouldn't want to or even have the money to reinvest. My euromillions plan hasn't yet worked out :uhoh: They seemed interested in gathering details of those currently licenced and so I applied just in case they might come up with something else for those who are further down the line in terms of training. Normally with these things it clearly states that those with so many hours and a fATPL aren't eligible to apply. The DEFO came out soon after and so I'd imagine anyone with a fATPL has been shifted over to that category.

pakythepilot
2nd Sep 2013, 14:50
@fly very high have u been invited for the second interview?

lopki
3rd Sep 2013, 11:32
I just found this message in my email box:
Thank you for your application for the role of The Cadet Pilot Training Programme.
Unfortunately we must inform you that on this occasion your application is unsuccessful.
We would like to thank you for your interest in Aer Lingus and wish you every success in your future career.
Yours Sincerely
The Aer Lingus Recruitment Team

pakythepilot
3rd Sep 2013, 14:07
So they have started to send even negative answers. Good luck to everybody.

CM175
3rd Sep 2013, 15:16
Lopki, I saw your profile, did you apply for the DEFO or cadet programme ?

CM175
3rd Sep 2013, 15:24
Ok, I read fast FVH.
Did you received a sign?

pakythepilot
3rd Sep 2013, 17:45
Has anyone else received a negative email?

contacttower118.2
3rd Sep 2013, 18:50
Affirmative...:sad:

pakythepilot
3rd Sep 2013, 19:10
contactower don't worry the next time will be better and good luck for your career!! never give up!! At this point I think I'm gonna have the same negative email too.:( It's just a matter of time....

lopki
4th Sep 2013, 06:03
To CM175: This negative reply was for Cadet Programme. I have TR for A320 so this was probably the main reason for rejection. But I'm still waiting for reply to DEFO application.

rostal
4th Sep 2013, 08:47
What's wrong with this world? A fully qualified pilot, even with TR applies for cadet position. That's the best picture of where this industry is.

pakythepilot
4th Sep 2013, 12:40
I don't have an ATPL Frozen so it doesn't directly touch me, and I actually red so well the description which you have posted above, that I was even more confused when rated applicants have been accepted during the application screening instead of being just rejected. When a recruitment team accepts applications where inside of it has been clearly stated that he/she is already a holder of an ATPL Frozen, in my world that means you suits to them and obviously he/she is going to catch the opportunity. Just my point of view. :)

G-F0RC3
4th Sep 2013, 13:02
It seems a bit silly that someone who already has an fATPL would get so far in such a process. To the best of my knowledge, even if the airline wanted to - the fATPL pilot wouldn't be legally allowed to re-take all the tests starting from scratch.

Perhaps we haven't heard the whole story here, but clearly the fATPL guys should be going down the DEFO route only.

pakythepilot
4th Sep 2013, 20:35
@ THE G-FORC3 yeah a bit silly, that's what I'm trying to say....no point to let them getting through the process and managed to even reach the interview step while applicants with no hours or experience have been rejected at the initial screening and its places took by rated applicants. By now what is done is done and I can say that I really enjoyed this experience whatever my outcome will be. This cadetship is still a huge opportunity for people out there, what I would like is that the next time a more professional initial screening should be absolutely done. Good luck to everyone. :)

limesoda
7th Sep 2013, 21:28
I still have nothing!

USA1pilot
8th Sep 2013, 05:25
In my opinion it is good that people with a commercial License, but whitout experience apply to this kind of cadetships. Because why would you train even more pilots when there are thousands of pilots with all kinds of experience out there.

We should stop training large numbers of pilots until the suitable people with a License have a descent job. Therefore it is good to see that the licensed applicants are taken seriously!

BobsCousin
8th Sep 2013, 09:26
We should stop training large numbers of pilots until the suitable people with a License have a descent job. Therefore it is good to see that the licensed applicants are taken seriously!

Right... So you're saying you think the industry should remain one where only the rich can get into it and those who can't afford to pay for their own training shouldn't get a chance?

Any scheme that is giving a chance to fly for those without the financial means to pay for the training is a step in the right direction. Aer Lingus, and any other airline out there, should be taking the best pilots based on their skills, not on whether they have the money to pay for a license themselves.

Anyone who thinks that it's bad that airlines are doing schemes for unqualified people clearly wants the industry to keep sinking further and further. Going by your logic, why should an airline hire a low experience person with a CPL, instead of going for the person that's paid to be on the right hand seat for more experience?

TeaTowel
8th Sep 2013, 10:50
While there is a lot of perfectly capable guys and girls who don't have the means to fund their training going for this scheme, EI are going to choose the candidates with the most corporate :mad:sology filled linkedIn profile they can find. Nothing to do with flying skill. Other airlines send ab-initios for flight grading they have to pass.

I'l say it again, EI are looking for future "managment" who wont rock the boat, not pilots.

flying_god
8th Sep 2013, 13:36
With 20 cadets last year and 20 this year, that is a lot of management posts to fill..

I thought I saw somewhere that up to 75% of pilots at Aer Lingus came through the cadet scheme? Might not be so accurate now, but it was at one point.

dublinaviator
8th Sep 2013, 16:57
In my opinion it is good that people with a commercial License, but whitout experience apply to this kind of cadetships. Because why would you train even more pilots when there are thousands of pilots with all kinds of experience out there.

You're looking at it from your own perspective, look at it from Aer Lingus'. Taking on cadets allows them to mould pilots to the standard they want, and by paying for most of their training by way of bonded employment, they are guaranteed to retain those pilots for a minimum number of years which isn't possible with direct entry pilots.

There will always be a demand for DE pilots though due to the long lead in time to train new cadets, so it's not like cadets will ever replace the stream of DE pilots.

G-F0RC3
9th Sep 2013, 11:56
USA1pilot: "We should stop training large numbers of pilots until the suitable people with a License have a descent job."

This wouldn't remotely reflect the training involved in any other industry. Anyone who wants to train to become anything can do so at their own expense if they want to. Who should deny them that right, irrespective of the job prospects? Try to persuade them that it might not be the best idea, by all means, but nothing more. And even if it were possible to legislate to prevent people from training to become pilots, who is this "We" that you speak of that should decide who gets to do it and who doesn't?

Greendotz
9th Sep 2013, 19:48
Anyone have any idea why rejection emails appear to be going out intermittently? When my friend told me he'd been called for stage 3 I had pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I didn't get in. The fact that I haven't received the rejection yet is really toying with my emotions.

limesoda
9th Sep 2013, 22:56
Me too green dots. I really don't know what to do. Am getting to the point where I'm contemplating writing a firm email for an answer!

Gialluccio
10th Sep 2013, 12:31
is there someone who heas been invited to the third step?

CM175
11th Sep 2013, 10:01
Thanks for the input.
FOGeelee, can you describe us quickly the content of the phase 3.
Is it only an interview with a psy ? or some other psychotest ?
Thanks

Greendotz
11th Sep 2013, 11:51
Congratulations and good luck GeeLee, nice to know of the thousands who applied someone from the thread made it that far. Also thanks ctbrown92 for sharing that info. Still not too much to go on but hopefully it means everyone will at least know where they stand by the end of the month.

Aerlingus231
11th Sep 2013, 12:19
I'm pretty sure that there's more than one from this thread that have made it through, but are keeping that to themselves due to the small numbers that have made it to this final stage.

Pilot-sam
16th Sep 2013, 23:15
Any recent developments guys? We've already passed mid September and yet not any call, email, notification or whatsoever with regard to the application...

Paging Mr Loggins
22nd Sep 2013, 18:38
Nothing heard here either...

Scrookie
22nd Sep 2013, 19:46
Still nothing...

wexfordair
22nd Sep 2013, 21:19
Nothing yet either. Status is "1st Interview attended"
Fingers, toes and eyes crossed!

Capt_Sensible
23rd Sep 2013, 08:58
How do you check your status??

Scrookie
23rd Sep 2013, 11:00
Sign in to your Aer Lingus Cadet Programme account. It will be on the left side of the page.

Quiet
23rd Sep 2013, 13:41
As far as I'm aware, all calls for the next 2nd interview stage have gone out. Interviews are still in progress for the next week or so. I've also heard that less than 100 people were called to the 2nd interview stage. I believe they will be running this again in two years time. None of this information is first hand though, but I do think it is reliable. Heart breaking time for a lot of people but you need to learn what you can from the experience and put it to good use next time.

newb1112
23rd Sep 2013, 21:44
If Quiet's information is correct then I still wonder why so many of us have heard nothing and many also seem have have gotten the dreaded rejection email?

I too have heard nothing after the 1st interview/group assessment, not a nice wait for all of us, I'm sure.

Woody12
25th Sep 2013, 11:58
Completely out of the blue, i got a phonecall. But the odds against me, i was away. :ugh:Lets see what happens.

Aerlingus231
25th Sep 2013, 11:59
Did you have a panel interview completed already and are being called to the psych?

CM175
25th Sep 2013, 12:19
Woody, try to call them back to know.

Good luck bud.

Woody12
25th Sep 2013, 12:24
For the record, im sitting in the wrong thread. I applied for direct entry. Unfortunately i did not see a number on my mobile.

Aerlingus231
25th Sep 2013, 12:29
Best of luck, be sure to check your voicemails.

Quiet
25th Sep 2013, 13:51
Woody email HR, the address is on the careers website. They might not get back to you instantly but they will get back to you. When people missed calls for the cadet programme their name was just placed on the list again to be called later. Nobody missed the opportunity because they missed the call, but just to be safe, email them.

I think your post might have given a surge of false hope here. I hope emails are sent out soon to clarify the situation for everyone, it's a horrible wait.

Scrookie
25th Sep 2013, 20:57
I emailed them two days ago and the answer was a standard answer they give to everyone:

Dear Joao,

Thank you for your email.

We will be in contact with all candidates regarding the cadet programme in due course.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
The Aer Lingus Recruitment Team

Quiet
30th Sep 2013, 11:47
I would not recommend ringing without a really good reason for needing to know (such as imminent relocation). Waiting is difficult but pushing them for an early answer won't change the outcome, just might annoy them a bit. We all just need to be patient no matter how hard it is.

Quiet
1st Oct 2013, 15:51
Boards is reporting that the successful were called yesterday. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Irish_Airspace
2nd Oct 2013, 13:30
Could anyone who's gotten a place on the October course send me a PM please.

Laurapintas
3rd Oct 2013, 19:39
I still haven't got any response from them from the 1st interview back in July....:sad:

wexfordair
6th Oct 2013, 08:27
I have heard nothing since 31 july interview. Same boat as a lot on here I think........

GAerospace
7th Oct 2013, 12:34
I phoned HO last Tuesday looking for some informatio on the status of my application and recieved a call back this morning (which I missed as I was in a meeting but this was in my voicemail) -

'We are still processing applicants and will be in contact in the coming days as we are having a round-up meeting twoard the end of the week'.

Sit tight so.

FYI - I had a panel interview (3rd stage?) with EI in their head office in late August.

CM175
7th Oct 2013, 17:33
TY for your input GA.

G-F0RC3
7th Oct 2013, 20:16
You know, this whole thing is a bit of a fiasco. I have followed this topic with interest for many months now, not that I applied for this cadetship myself. But I would be more than just a little bit annoyed by now if I had. I appreciate that things don't always go to plan, but surely this whole pilot recruitment process can't be as difficult as AL are making it look?

How ironic that one of the most important skills a pilot can possess is the ability to accurately and reliably communicate with others, when the airline above have done it so badly themselves.

It's a simple concept really, a) invite applicants to stage 1, b) those who complete stage 1 are then invited to stage 2, and those who fall short are notified, c) all the while ensure the dates of the stages are well outlined on the company recruitment website, and d) repeat the process until all required candidates have been offered positions within the company.

I could train a donkey to do the above, but apparently not AL HR.

:rolleyes:

Quiet
9th Oct 2013, 18:01
Has anyone had any updates recently? Would love to know when we're going to hear back so I can stop watching my phone during HR office hours!

MMcMTS
9th Oct 2013, 18:13
I hear you Quiet, was back in June I went for group assessment and still waiting for a yes, no or maybe so. Checking the phone each day and on this forum looking for news!

newb1112
10th Oct 2013, 11:02
Had been waiting for any news since the group assessment/interview in July, recently got a call asking me to come to a head office interview... Still hope for everyone who is still waiting.

limesoda
10th Oct 2013, 20:18
Phone call received today at 16:20. I was playing golf at the time. great. But anyway i was left with a voicemail saying call them back as soon as i could. Maybe good? Maybe Bad? Who knows!

newb1112
10th Oct 2013, 20:44
EInsider: Not BS.. I don't have enough time on my hands to write lies on the internet

Checked my status, still just confirms '1st interview attended'

limesoda
10th Oct 2013, 21:50
I have done both the Group Assessment and Interview - This was done with two guys. One chief captain on the 330 fleet and some other chap. No idea where i am in the pickings. All i know is i got a call and i have to ring back. Will let you know what its about after my chat. Anyone else in this situation?

future captain
10th Oct 2013, 22:34
On the same day (Assessment day)? Or you have been back for the final panel interview?

limesoda
10th Oct 2013, 22:53
I had a panel interview on the same day but i assume thats not the interview your thinking of?

future captain
10th Oct 2013, 23:04
So there's the assessment day group exercises and a 2 on 1 interview. Then people began being called back for another (just) panel interview. If you have not been Dublin twice I guess that is what this phone call is about, in which case congrats :)

tobster911
11th Oct 2013, 10:43
Yep, i've just been told I have my interview on Wednesday - not leaving lots of time to book everything - But it's not BS. I attended the initial assessment in July with charlie, and, it is my belief, though by all means not a certainty, that if you haven't heard anything, you haven't got it. I heard around 100 people have been invited for these final assessments.

KriVa
11th Oct 2013, 15:26
I haven't heard anything back either. Still hoping for some good news, though.

limesoda
11th Oct 2013, 17:04
Yep i have an interview at 2pm on wednesday next week. Head office in Dublin. Back to Ireland we go Tobster!

Leunig
12th Oct 2013, 12:54
Hey charliegarner, first of all congratulations! There's one thing I'm a little confused about and if you could clear that out it would be great:

After the initial online test, you've been to Dublin in July for the assessment day and you're only hearing back from them now?

If that's the case, when in July did you attend the assessment day? I was just wondering if by any chance they are just going in chronological order based on the assessment day.

Thank you in advance!

limesoda
12th Oct 2013, 14:00
Yes well i was surprised to be hearing from them to be honest with you. I did my assessment late July if i remember correctly. Seems like a very long time ago now!

hope this helps.

Leunig
12th Oct 2013, 22:53
Thank you charliegarner! I attended an assessment day in the beginning of August, I'm hoping they're still going through candidates.

istabraq
13th Oct 2013, 00:39
Hi Future Cadets,
Position at moment is 6 cadets already in Jerez. 4 others have been picked for
November start date in Jerez. 10 last places are between a shortlist of 40- 50
Applicants who have already been to the first interview stage. Anyone outside of this criteria is wishfully thinking. First 6 are already in Jerez and are now starting integrated sponsored training. No questions will be answered but this is as close to fact as you will get.

tobster911
13th Oct 2013, 12:55
Istabraq, Where did you get this information from? I seriously hope it's true, giving myself and charliegarner a 1:5 or even better 1:4 chance of getting the scholarship, which would just be amazing

Thanks

tobster911
13th Oct 2013, 15:14
EInsider - Is your info reliable? How do you know?

How many people are going for interview this week and for how many spaces?

Thank you

limesoda
13th Oct 2013, 15:17
Good Info EInsider. Nice to know i'm a back up plan :ok:

nabanoba
13th Oct 2013, 16:56
Given how wrong einsider's info has been as recently as the previous page I wouldn't put much money on him being correct.

Even if all the people interviewing this week are making up the numbers, which I highly doubt as that volume of people couldn't possibly have dropped out, it would take a pretty :mad: person to come on here and say so.

MaydayMaydayMayday
13th Oct 2013, 17:39
Istabraq's info matches up with what I've heard. 6 starting this month, 4 next month (same time as the first FPP lot) with a further 10 to come. Unless, of course, things have changed!

Is it usual to give people as little as a month's notice to start a cadetship?! Doesn't seem a lot of time to get your life in order.

707-400
13th Oct 2013, 19:05
Have an interview next week, just wondering if anyone could offer advice regarding the documentation we have been advised to bring along.

Firstly: 'Police Certificate/letter'

What does this mean? Does it ask for the equivalent of an Irish Garda vetting check? Which in the UK is a CRB check? If so one cannot apply for a CRB themselves it has to be the employer?

Secondly: Colour blindness test certificate

Will a CAA part 1 medical certificate suffice? As this has an eyesight requirement and I sat the test as part of it.

I am just asking for advice/second opinions and wonder if anyone else has the same confusions, especially regarding the police check. I know I will get no concrete answers from here.

I will call Aer Lingus HR tomorrow too.

tobster911
14th Oct 2013, 08:04
707-400

I'm in the same boat. What time is your interview? If you are under 18, you don't need the police clearance check. Do you know what else to put on the ID21, it asks for employment and employer details. Do we put AL cadet, or pilot, or what?

I think that if you have the certificate for the Ishihara vision test, that will suffice. If not, I believe you need one.

Please post the answers you got from HR

Thank you

rojocrv
14th Oct 2013, 18:22
Hi 707, just to let you know I asked them about the class 1 medical Instead of the colour blind test. They said I could bring along the medical cert instead. I would urge you to email them regardless just to get the ok from them directly. I hope this helps you.

MMcMTS
15th Oct 2013, 13:32
The Cadet Pilot Training Programme (29/05) (1st Interview Attended) (https://aerlingus.recruitment.northgatearinso.com/lgrl/pages/application.jsf?myapplication=0)

No call for second interview and group stage was end of June.

limesoda
16th Oct 2013, 07:30
My portal says '2nd interview arranged'.

wexfordair
16th Oct 2013, 19:04
did you get a call charliegarner or did it just appear on your portal?

limesoda
18th Oct 2013, 09:28
I got a call and they left me a message. Called back and they told me to come to HQ less that a week later. Good Stuff. Met Christoph which was nice! Had the interview and some Psychometric tests to check that i was the one taking the online tests. Fairly standard stuff. Said we would find out in 3-4 weeks. :ugh:

Gialluccio
23rd Oct 2013, 09:25
Any news? Has someone got a call for second interview?

NathanJohnston
24th Oct 2013, 16:14
Afternoon!
Would anyone be able to tell me if the cadetship for Aer Lingus opens annually / regular intervals or due to Pilot recruitment demands?
Thank you in advance.

Jellied_Eels
30th Oct 2013, 20:32
Does anybody know when or if we'll hear back at all? I attended groups in August. Finding the wait very strange. When I assessed elsewhere I got a reply within a month. Are others in same boat? I wonder have they lost my email address?

Greendotz
30th Oct 2013, 23:06
Jellied Eels. I'm pretty sure they haven't lost your email as an isolated incident. I think it's just due to the whole "omnishambles" of how the cadet and DE schemes have been handled by HR.

I attended stage 2 (assessment centre) almost five months ago now. Safe to say I didn’t get the job, or maybe I’m still in it (I’m not, lol), I wouldn’t know as I never received a “rejection” notice of any sort. Judging from the multiple comments in this thread chiming to the same tune I’d say that this is not an isolated incident. My friend actually made it to stage 3 some time back in August and has also not heard anything since. “thoroughly unimpressed” would perhaps be the kindest term to sum up how I think about it. I would think with any job application it would be the companies duty to at the very least send an automated generic rejection email to unsuccessful candidates. Emphasise this point even more when hundreds of applicants are willing to book flights to the interviews with just a few days notice. At the assessment centre I attended I was informed twice (in person I might stress, no second hand source) that we would all know the outcome of our application by the end of July.

To be perfectly honest if Aer Lingus were to open another Cadet Scheme tomorrow I’m certain I wouldn’t apply based on my experience. I wouldn’t want to put others off as there are so few legitimate airlines offering opportunities like this (though even on this scheme they’re still required to front some 25k themselves) but I certainly wouldn’t ever talk them up.

Iflyabus
31st Oct 2013, 04:16
I applied years ago. No hired.
Now I fly the 320 in Asia. Don't give up guys!

momo95
31st Oct 2013, 08:16
This sounds like a mickey mouse airline. Though what im reading goes against all what i thought about AL being a professional airline.

G-F0RC3
31st Oct 2013, 09:13
I have to agree with momo. Letting people know they haven't made the cut is as important as letting the successful candidates know they have made it. Otherwise you just leave hundreds of people in a state of near-permanent suspense, as time alone serves to slowly decay what little hope they have left.

And the sad part is it's not really that hard to send a few emails, which is all it would take. AL should be ashamed of the way this whole fiasco has been conducted. I'm now perfectly glad I didn't apply for this programme.

Paging Mr Loggins
31st Oct 2013, 19:25
I'm still waiting and I called a couple of weeks ago. They are still considering applicant's apparently. BTW - does anyone know when the BA FPP kicks off again?

Greendotz
31st Oct 2013, 20:12
Let me google that for you (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=BA+future+pilot+program+2013+start+date)

tobster911
1st Nov 2013, 19:54
When CharlieGarner and I went for selection in October, we were told we'd find out in 3-4 weeks. So, hopefully, everyone should know by the middle of, or the end of (at the very latest), November.

Yea, do a google search for 'BA FPP', it's not difficult

Quiet
2nd Nov 2013, 09:59
It seems like everyone was told that time-frame no matter when they were interviewed but I suppose they will have to stick to this one because the last class starts in Jerez on January 3rd. If they were to give you a months notice to leave that would mean getting confirmation by the 3rd of December, which would also mean having done a psych and medical prior to that so we're probably looking at mid November for calls. Just idle speculation though.

tobster911
2nd Nov 2013, 10:37
Quiet, You!!! :p Yea, That's a very valid point. I hope we find out soon. Just want to know, whether it be good news, or the other.

Quiet
2nd Nov 2013, 11:36
I think that's the general feeling now, be put out of our misery one way or the other! Kind of exciting/unnerving to think we'll know for sure in about 2 weeks after months of hoping.

MaydayMaydayMayday
7th Nov 2013, 15:32
Certainly aware of someone who was going for a Class 1 in Dublin today. Don't know if that means they've been accepted, though.

MaydayMaydayMayday
7th Nov 2013, 16:00
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that they don't make an offer of a place until after the Class 1 and psych assessments are completed. It doesn't seem to be the most transparent system even for those who ultimately end up successful. In short, they haven't been told (as far as they made apparent to me) that they've got a place, just that they were invited for a Class 1.

G-F0RC3
7th Nov 2013, 21:22
You'd have to imagine if someone were invited for a Class 1 Medical they are probably going to get an offer if they pass it. I don't see any logic in getting candidates to take the medical otherwise? But maybe I'm missing something. :E Good luck to the guy anyway, I hope he isn't disappointed after being put through the works by AL.

MaydayMaydayMayday
7th Nov 2013, 21:35
Yup, it would seem like they're knocking on the door. Fingers crossed for him, seems like a good guy. (Another one who had been at Waterside too)

southernjock
7th Nov 2013, 21:46
Good luck to the guy, final stage and now the wait to see if he will be heading to FTE in Jan. If he has been to Waterside then good job on the self reflection and improvement since then to get to this stage with EI.

TwoDeadDogs
17th Nov 2013, 16:38
when a person is called for a medical and psych test, it's a company medical, not a class 1. You have to have the class 1 to even apply. The psych test is an interview with a psychologist, just to confirm your scores in the online tests and to make sure that you are really not an axe murderer in waiting.

Aerlingus231
17th Nov 2013, 17:11
When a person is called for a medical and psych test, it's a company medical, not a class 1. You have to have the class 1 to even apply. The psych test is an interview with a psychologist, just to confirm your scores in the online tests and to make sure that you are really not an axe murderer in waiting.

Nonsense, no Class 1 is required to apply, Aer Lingus is sending people to get their Class 1 in the Mater, not a company medical.

Also, the psychologist is not just to see if you're gonna murder someone or are clinically insane, it's to make sure you've the right personality mix, that you are open to being corrected, but not afraid to correct someone if you see them doing something wrong, that you plan ahead but don't get fixated on sticking to that plan and many, many other characteristics that are important in pilots. Being sent to the psychologist isn't a sign you've made it, and neither is being sent for a medical. The process is still ongoing and everyone is still in with a chance until we hear otherwise.

MaydayMaydayMayday
17th Nov 2013, 22:43
Well as it happens, they got a call and will be starting in January. No idea if this means they've contacted anyone else, but he's confirmed.

Also, it was definitely a class 1 he was sent for, not a company medical. Good luck for anyone else waiting.

TwoDeadDogs
18th Nov 2013, 19:33
Hi there
Anyone going for any cadetship who hasn't already checked that they will pass a Class 1 is asking for trouble. No point in waiting until an airline offers you a prized slot to find that you have a medical limitation, that you might not even have been aware of. If you have a Class 1, then you have reduced the odds in your favour. I've seen it happen to potential cadets before.

EInsider
19th Nov 2013, 17:31
TwoDeadDogs, stop talking about stuff you clearly know nothing about. You couldn't be any more wrong with your last two posts. You don't need a class one to apply and it's not a company medical they send you to - it's straight to the Aeromedical Centre in the Mater.

Also, the interview with the psychologist is not to see if it was you who did the online apitudes at the start, it is to see what type of person you are - sociable, good leader, like doing things your own way etc etc.

The aptitude tests are repeated when you go for the interview at the HOB, only two of them!

So you clearly didn't get anywhere in this years cadetship so stop talking as if you know it all... You know nothing by the sounds of it!

MMcMTS
25th Nov 2013, 14:19
I know there are previous posts where people have emailed with the same response but it's been so long I gave it a try and just asked for an update and got the standard reply below.

"Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your email.

We will be in contact with all candidates regarding the cadet programme in due course.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
The Aer Lingus Recruitment Team"

It's difficult at this stage to still think that no news is good news but if it were all over, I'd like to think they'd stop this automated reply.

I've only been to the group assessment day way back in June, no further communication or invites etc.

wexfordair
27th Nov 2013, 08:47
I got the same reply back in october. Has anyone phoned them recently? Or can anyone who knows someone given a place in Jan try and find out if all the places are filled.

tobster911
28th Nov 2013, 16:16
I phoned earlier this week and they said they were still deciding.

Personally, I think they've already selected, but are just going to wait until a week before course start, or something, to let us know...

Either that or they're gearing up to give people the best xmas present they've ever had :)

KriVa
28th Nov 2013, 20:47
I sent them an email earlier this week. I received the same reply you guys did.
"Candidates involved in the selections for the Aer Lingus Cadet Program will be notified of their status within the Program in due time."
Still hoping, though...

Hangar6
28th Nov 2013, 21:00
Still on going Jan class complete hang in there

dannye92
2nd Dec 2013, 20:13
Made a phone call last Friday and they are still deciding so it seems, sit tight everyone, no news is good news at the moment if you've been to Head Office!

wexfordair
3rd Dec 2013, 20:22
And if you haven't been to head office? I'm Guessing those of us in that category sit and wait as well.....

Balto
4th Dec 2013, 14:06
I finally got a "no thank you" just now. They thanked me for my patience so it's all good. Idiots.

wexfordair
4th Dec 2013, 14:29
Just got it myself. Ok, on to the next one and see you guys in the next programme.

MMcMTS
4th Dec 2013, 14:50
Yep, at long last, the final decision of "no" is given. 'Bout time!

Greendotz
4th Dec 2013, 14:55
This selection decision is independent of future requirements and we would welcome subsequent applications from you, should you meet the criteria at that time.

lol, yeah no.

Six months it took them to send that generic pre-written email? If it was just me it had happened too I actually would've forgiven it as an unfortunate error, and probably would have applied to the next scheme. But it wasn't just me, it was so many other people too, to me that doesn't reflect well on a company at all. I won't be applying again.

Good luck to others though, bad experiences aside it actually does seem like a good scheme, and if you can look past been treated like an unwanted annoyance during the application process then go for it.

KriVa
4th Dec 2013, 19:10
Even though I'd love to say otherwise, I have to agree.
Even a simple "sorry you haven't heard back yet, but the selection processes are taking us longer than we expected."at the time information was promised, would have been fine for me.
But NOTHING at all? For an application where the ability to communicate is VERY high on the list, I have to find this kind of behavior amusing, just so I don't have to find it saddening.

tobster911
5th Dec 2013, 09:26
I have just received an email apologising for the long delay, but they have, unfortunately, declined me :ugh:. Good luck to everyone else, I hope you receive word today.

junio
5th Dec 2013, 13:42
Could anyone pm me a copy of the mail they got??

tobster911
5th Dec 2013, 19:55
Dear tobster911,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for your continued patience while we were evaluating your application for the Aer Lingus Cadet Pilot Programme 2013. We received an unprecedented number of applications and it has taken us longer than anticipated to give each application due consideration.

We would like to thank you for your participation in the selection process which included online assessments, assessment centre and interview.

We had only a limited number of places available on our Cadet Pilot Training Programme for 2013 and as a result competition was extremely high.

Having carefully considered your overall performance throughout the Cadet Pilot Training Programme selection process, it is with regret that we must inform you that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.

This selection decision is independent of future requirements and we would welcome subsequent applications from you, should you meet the criteria at that time

We wish to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in Aer Lingus and wish you every success in the future.

Yours sincerely

Aer Lingus HR Recruitment Team

Kudlaty
5th Dec 2013, 22:18
I was at the assessment in Dublin but unfortunately they declined me.
What bothers me like hell ! is what the criteria of their choice are.. During the assessment I was wearing a suit, kept a head up pose all the time, I was talkative and enthusiastic, smiling all the time, seconds after having arrived at the hotel I started talking with bunch of guys who were also waiting for the assessment, I am fluent in English - however, it's my second language so undoubtedly I made some linguistic mistakes during the interview - I was very active during the group part and I mentioned couple of things that, from what I noticed, the HR guys wrote down, I was talkative and smiling during the personal interview, I answered all of their questions such as 'what is fly by wire' or 'what is the aer lingus' fleet', I believe I made an intelligent answer to the question 'what is special about Aer Lingus', when they asked me if I had a question I asked a very intelligent, I think, question 'it is wonderful that you are giving such a marvellous opportunity for people like me to fulfill their dreams of becoming an airliner pilot, but considering there are multitude of already trained pilots on the market why do you organise a cadet programme instead of acquiring pilots through direct entry?', I talked and had a laugh with these 2 nice ladies that dealt with organisation of the assessment, I have a bachelor degree in Aviaton Management, I passed the International Baccalaureate, I completed an internship in Credit Control Department in Pratt & Whitney, I have certificates in English, German and Spanish, I hold a Private Pilot License and have 58 hours logged...

So here is my question - what are the criteria?! Who are they looking for? I am not stating I am a perfect candidate because it simply appears I am not, otherwise I would be in Jerez at the moment drinking beer with our fellow applicants, but I would love to know what the successful ones must have done to stand out from the rest..

Regarding the assessment - on the other hand - I am only 23, I am of Polish nationality, I have long hair (but during the assessment I had them neatly pinned in a bun), I feel I did pretty much mediocre during the written part.
Maybe my experience (58 hours flight time) is too little? Or maybe is it too much???? Maybe they didn't want to hire a non-British citizen??
Do you think they might have been looking for an older and more mature person? A person with a better education, from a better university?

FlyVeryHigh-
6th Dec 2013, 07:44
Kudlaty,

It's very easy to go back on what you have done, and go through it with a fine tooth comb, however, the matter of the fact is, is that no matter how well you think you did, i'm sure there are areas in which you can improve.

I myself, walked out of the interview, and wanted to walk straight back in and say "Scratch that all, let me start again". I've got a great CV, and in my opinion a good personality, however, it just didn't work for Aer Lingus on the day, which is unfortunate.

I understand your frustration, and i've worked year to get the point in which I am now; and yes, when you go for something like this, it's easy to compare yourself to other applicants, but you will never know the factors in which they were successful; it could be the difference of a sentence in an interview in which they have been put ahead, you will never really know.

Use it as a learning curve, like I. You have to. These things don't come easy, and they don't just hand them out on the merit that your CV is strong, or you have a certain amount of flying hours, you have to stand out in all areas. That stuff looks great on paper, and yes it certainly does play a part, although yourself as a person does too.

Do I feel disheartened I didn't get in? Of course I do, I think most people would be lying if they said they weren't, after all, that's what we were all hoping when we applied. Although, i'm not upset. I know I wasn't the best I could be on the day, through nerves, only made worse by comparing myself to other candidates which I had only just met on assessment, which made me doubt myself, which you should never do.

Other opportunities will hopefully come around in the future, and i'm ready for them :ok:

MaydayMaydayMayday
6th Dec 2013, 15:23
Kudlaty, I reckon you just have to appreciate that everyone at the final stages of these schemes is going to be pretty high calibre too, the vast majority with good degrees and experience. Plenty of people get knocked back at their first attempt, but are then successful the next year for the same or other schemes. Certainly never give up, all you can do is take it on the chin and work out how to improve. Criticising the process is completely pointless.

Divulging specific interview questions on an open forum strikes me as a very poor idea, particularly when you've just clearly identified yourself to the recruitment team who may well look at the forum.

I don't think they'd mind that you weren't British. The vast majority of their cadets are Irish, not British. Hopefully you didn't refer to Aer Lingus as a British airline, can't imagine it'd have gone down well!

Don't know if you're a guy or a girl, but with regard to having long hair; it's clearly not an issue if you're a girl. If you're a guy, you'd be nuts to turn up at an airline interview without having it short, neat and professional.

FlyVeryHigh's reflections are a pretty good example of how to approach getting knocked back.

Kudlaty
8th Dec 2013, 23:55
I'm not critisting the process in any way! As I said, I'm just dying to know what kind of person is the 'perfect' one for them. Do the HR guys have some specific 'key' to assess the applicants or do they base on their feelings towars the applicant, or maybe a bit of both? For instance, I would say they are undoubtedly looking for an outgoing and talkative person but when I spoke to one of the guys (applicants) during the assessment, he mentioned he had a friend who is very calm and silent and succeeded in a cadet program and flies as a F/O at the moment.

I too have been analyzing the assessment and I know what kind of mistakes I might have made and in what areas I need to improve so now I know what I should change during such an assessment in the future.

Regarding my hair, yes I am a guy and have long hair :) My second biggest love after aviation is music but if they told me 'we reviewed your performance and would be delighted to have you onboard but under the condition you to lose your hair', the first thing I would do would be to go to the barber's. But I don't think (but still, wondering if) my long hair could be a reason/one of the reasons to knock me back..

Anyway, I don't have a smallest intention to give up my dream, I'm just hoping there will be another so attractive opportunity in the near future :)

EInsider
9th Dec 2013, 05:42
Kudlaty, I think I know where your application fell apart.. It's when you thought Aer Lingus is a British Airline that only hire British citizens! There's a big Shamrock on the tail of their aircraft.... Next time do your research and at least get the country right!

Fostex
9th Dec 2013, 06:42
Seriously though, if you want to progress in aviation ditch the long hair. It gives off the wrong impression in an interview.

Just ask Bruce Dickinson, lead singer in Iron Maiden, he changed his hairstyle for this very reason when he became a commercial pilot.

newb1112
9th Dec 2013, 14:21
IMHO I think that anybody who made it to either stage in Dublin should
not be disheartened. There were very few places and a lot of really strong candidates, I knew of people with MSc's and others who had started RAF training but been made redundant because of budget cuts. Hopefully more schemes like this to come.

Good luck to all.

Paxi_R6
2nd Jan 2014, 22:29
2014 was mentioned if 10 cadets were taken. The case now being 20 taken on, loads of D/E joining the Airline too it could be 2015/6 until there is another recruitment drive.

These schemes seem to come along all at the same time like they did in 2013, so sit and wait patiently & make sure you take the opportunity when it does come along! :rolleyes:

StevenM
7th Jan 2014, 21:24
Firstly well done to all who made the grade, I myself was not so lucky. I'm currently pinning it on the fact I hadn't yet started my degree and was out of formal education. Anyways, not to fret, there is always next time :D A maths/science degree will hopefully help next time round, especially in the early stages. I'm sure some of us will eventually make it! To those who feel hard done by, you're not the only one!

TODA.1
19th Feb 2014, 16:41
Any idea if the scheme will open this year?

FlyVeryHigh-
16th Jun 2014, 13:33
Just wondering if its currently anticipated whether or not this programme will run next year? I know there cannot be a definite answer yet; although i'm curious as to whether its being considered.

Cheers.

aspiringpilot11
24th Jun 2014, 15:40
Can someone that made in to the interviews or that got a sponsorship please pm me, iv very important questions is like to ask. Thank you!

Mach Jump
15th Sep 2014, 18:33
Is the Aer Lingus Scheme the conventional course, or MPL for 2015?