PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus cadet program 2013

Pages : 1 [2] 3

john90
1st Jun 2013, 09:11
just wondering is it 72 hours from when you register or when you get the first email telling you about the asscessments? someone please help?

4KBeta
1st Jun 2013, 09:17
tobster911

I was just completing one of my tests when the website pretty much shut down, and now says that it's under maintenance work. Is anyone else having any issues, these are my last few hours and I have ONE test to complete, and the website decides to go and f*ck itself up.

Please tell me I'm not the only one

You're not, I haven't started yet and the site is down for me

Good old planning to do it Saturday morning hasn't worked out so well.

tobster911
1st Jun 2013, 09:21
It's ridiculous

DHC1Pilot
1st Jun 2013, 09:22
Yeah it's crashed. Any idea what can we do? They don't respond at the weekend for our emails.

Guernott
1st Jun 2013, 09:34
You're not alone... I have just tried to register and...
Maintenance in progress!!!
Hope it will be fixed soon.

tobster911
1st Jun 2013, 09:37
Me too, it's not just a case of it being fixed, it's a case of Aer Lingus realising there's an issue, and taking this into account when my assessments aren't done on time and one of them is only partially completed

Guernott
1st Jun 2013, 09:40
You're right! I hope for us...

pakythepilot
1st Jun 2013, 10:12
Guys I'm having this issue too. I hope this problem will be fixed before the deadline of my assessment expired.:ugh:

GiuseppeAlonci
1st Jun 2013, 10:18
I had the same problem yesterday, but after an hour everything was fixed! You can send a mail to the recruitment team however, I have done so and they replied quite quickly!

tobster911
1st Jun 2013, 10:37
Unfortunately, I have sent an email, but they're only open 8-6 mon - fri, so, unless it's sorted, I won't be able to complete the assessments in the tie limit. Do you think they'll give me another chance?

Keeley
1st Jun 2013, 10:57
I imagine that their are a fair few people attempting tests this weekend (myself included), so hopefully Aer Lingus will take that into account in the event the maintenance continues for some time. Personally, I have until tomorrow morning to complete my tests but I'm working from 9 a.m. tomorrow. It's also not favourable to have to do the tests overnight when my body is tired and flagging, so fingers crossed for a quick fix!

Libertine Winno
1st Jun 2013, 11:06
Afternoon all,

Just curious, but some people seem to be bashing out all of the tests consecutively in one hit, whereas I've seen others have taken some of the tests, then gone away and returned to finish later on.

Is it actually possible to take the full set of tests over a few sittings? I was under the impression they all had to be done consecutively (taking around 2 hours)?

tobster911
1st Jun 2013, 11:13
Just received word that the website will be down until 2pm tomorrow, if this website is anything to go by:
Aer Lingus (http://careers.aerlingus.com/)

@Libertine, you can do the tests whenever you want within 72 hours. There are 10 of them and you can take any of them at any point, you don't have to sit them all at the same time, unless, of course, you want to. I personally, don't.

However, once you've started the test, you HAVE to finish it. Failure to do so will result in the test not being counted and thus you not being eligible for recruitment with AL.

Hope this helps

SierraSierra
1st Jun 2013, 11:20
If the website will be down till 2pm tomorrow I presume Aerlingus will have to take that into account, as my 72 hours run out this afternoon! Anybody else in this situation??

pakythepilot
1st Jun 2013, 12:42
I have just sended an email to aer lingus asking if it will be possible to still finish my assessment, in case the maintenance work lasts until my dead line. I hope in a positive answer even because it isn't my fault if I am not able to finish my test until my expire date. I will see what they say.

Libertine Winno
1st Jun 2013, 13:08
@tobster Thanks for clearing that up, much appreciated.

Let's just hope the website sorts itself out and we can actually get on and do the things!

flyingpony
1st Jun 2013, 13:14
For those needing to contact HR, just be aware that Monday is a bank holiday in Ireland.

SierraSierra
1st Jun 2013, 15:00
The website is back up and worked fine for me!

tobster911
1st Jun 2013, 15:23
Just to clarify for everyone, the website is now back up and running

Alpha Golf Mike
1st Jun 2013, 16:04
Anyone been invited for further assessments?

Quiet
1st Jun 2013, 17:32
Doubt anyone will be invited to the next stage until everyone has had a chance to complete the assessments. Saw on another forum that the last of the applicants were given 72 hours from yesterday to finish them so hopefully we'll hear something next week. Waiting is a killer :)

Keeley
1st Jun 2013, 18:49
Did anyone crash loads of times on the complex control test? I was doing so well in the practice, yet totally messed up the actual test. Really annoyed with myself :ugh:

tobster911
1st Jun 2013, 19:09
@Keeley, you're not the only one, it happened to me too. AL say they will get back to us if we're successful within 4 weeks, so, it's a long time, may as well live your life not thinking about it. If you get an email, congrats, but, if you're unsuccessful, you won't hear anything from them. They don't have time to inform everyone of the outcome, just the successful applicants.

Hope this helps

future captain
1st Jun 2013, 21:05
I had similar experience on the complex control. I guess it wouldn't be hard to let those unsuccessful know to be fair. Its just a generic email to a list of people who aren't on the successful list...

Tin-Budgie
2nd Jun 2013, 15:01
Did anyone crash loads of times on the complex control test? I was doing so well in the practice, yet totally messed up the actual test. Really annoyed with myself

Eh Yeah! I was doing really well in the practice and as soon as I hit the button to start the test it all went down hill!! I was so annoyed with myself :\

Selfmade92
2nd Jun 2013, 16:47
haha me too... i even once crashed and crashed 2 seconds later again haha, i was so pissed about it.

funkyt111
2nd Jun 2013, 17:08
I crashed about 1 second into the test lol. To top it off, the game was very intermittent which made it almost impossible to complete the task to a high standard. I emailed them but there was nothing they could do. Oh well. Best of luck all.

contacttower118.2
2nd Jun 2013, 17:18
Remind me how long crashing held one up for?

Just trying to get a sense of how well I did...:O

Alpha Golf Mike
2nd Jun 2013, 20:00
Doubt anyone will be invited to the next stage until everyone has had a chance to complete the assessments. Saw on another forum that the last of the applicants were given 72 hours from yesterday to finish them so hopefully we'll hear something next week. Waiting is a killer

I know, waiting is a true killer :p

Matt7504
2nd Jun 2013, 21:12
X) Got emailed the online assessment one the day of closing applications, applied on the 14th of May. Quite a good few tests in there, though I was 30 seconds from finishing the shape orientation exercise then I got pulled out of it saying I had already completed it and got blocked from that task! E-mailed recruitment straight away

abd12
2nd Jun 2013, 23:29
I realize that this is really late notice, but can anyone help me?Were in the process of moving house and so only have mobile internet (through a dongle) at the minute. when I registered for the tests, began the first questionnaire I lost internet connection and when I tried to go back onto it the system through I had logged out and blocked me from completing the 'measurement of competencies' assessment. I've email the support team but fear they wont reply in time by tomorrow and noticed that someone else mentioned its a bank holiday in ireland. Does anyone know of a contact number that I could try? or has anyone else been blocked in one of the assessments and came to a solution? or is there even any chance of someone replying to my email tommorrow? Id appreciate any help, thanks

nabanoba
3rd Jun 2013, 00:07
I'd relax Abd.

Exactly the same thing happened to me. I mailed them and they replied promptly. They will give you a fair chance to complete the assessment and realise that there are glitches with the system. You will be given a chance to start it again.

Hope this helps you sleep tonight!

steelbranch
3rd Jun 2013, 05:35
abd, agreed with the last poster. From reading all the comments here over the past few days, there seems to have been a lot of problems over the weekend affecting a lot of people, so they're going to have to take all that into account. I also hit the panic button on Saturday when the system was down for maintenance, but it came back up again so all was OK. I'm sure they'll be inundated with guys calling on Tuesday morning to explain their respective stories, so probably best to just relax and see how it pans out over the next couple of days. They will have to ensure everyone gets a fair crack at the assessments. Good luck with sorting it out.

Quiet
4th Jun 2013, 08:34
Obsessive email checking has started. I presume this is all operating on a computerised system so hopefully that means we'll be put out of our misery soon! Good luck to all :)

wiblywoblywonder
4th Jun 2013, 17:18
Anybody else do the tunnel with a wireless mouse?b I did and found it so difficult to move to the center it just wouldn't respond on time... Mouse said no :)

I found the verbal reasoning and shapes the hardest... But I'm sure everybody had their individual strengths & weaknesses!

Matt7504
4th Jun 2013, 18:15
The spotting relations one was tough I thought, I wasn't actually sure if you were supposed to always make 2 black and 2 grey or if you could have an uneven spread of maybe 1 grey 3 black X)

Cesc_
4th Jun 2013, 19:22
I thought the test with the different cubes, was it spacial awareness, was the hardest to be honest.

tumtiddle
5th Jun 2013, 08:09
Wireless is only good for basic office work. For any accuracy you need a wired mouse :)

I actually found the hardest test to be the verbal reasoning (the questions from the text). Awful, absolutely awful. The rest was mostly easy though.

contacttower118.2
5th Jun 2013, 08:39
I used a Logitech wireless mouse and had no issues with the complex control, but then maybe I'd have done better with one! Oh well not any point in worrying about it now...:oh:

Tin-Budgie
5th Jun 2013, 14:23
Quick question....Am I the only prat checking e-mails every 15 - 20 minutes??

:ugh:

tumtiddle
5th Jun 2013, 15:04
Quite possibly. I just check my spam at the end of each day if I've had nothing in my inbox during the day. I've whitelisted the aerlingus.com domain so don't expect it to go to spam, but you can never be too careful.

Quiet
5th Jun 2013, 15:07
No I am too! The sooner we find out the better, it's so exciting :D

tumtiddle
5th Jun 2013, 15:44
Do you not have push mail (or at least push mail notifications)? Nearly all mobile phones etc. now support this so you'd be notified the instant you get the mail. Seems a little antiquated to manually check your mail?

Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely excited about this opportunity but it seems daft to check your mail so obsessively when it's extremely unlikely you'll have to respond within 24 hours etc.

Quiet
5th Jun 2013, 15:51
Each to their own tumtiddle, everyone is just excited. No need to put a negative spin on it, we're all in the same boat :)

Tin-Budgie
5th Jun 2013, 15:53
Do you not have push mail (or at least push mail notifications)? Nearly all mobile phones etc. now support this so you'd be notified the instant you get the mail. Seems a little antiquated to manually check your mail?

Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely excited about this opportunity but it seems daft to check your mail so obsessively when it's extremely unlikely you'll have to respond within 24 hours etc.

Yeah of course I have push mail, still gonna check it, unlike you I cannot contain my excitement, I wish I could considering I nearly wet myself when I got the first e-mail through about online assessments :O

It's not the responding I'm worried about, it's the waiting and not knowing. I just (like most people) want this so much and have wanted it for years...

Paxi_R6
5th Jun 2013, 18:28
Most seem excited with bit of nerves too, If you're not! Why would one apply Personally can't wait Very confident going for this! Nope I'm checking mine too, Won't be for a week or two till we find out so patients is key!

Citationcj2
5th Jun 2013, 19:55
I also applied. Some of the test were ok, some were difficult( as in time limit. )

I found the tunnel ok, i think i crashed twice or so.

Waiting patiently:cool:

Hangar6
5th Jun 2013, 20:13
Folks, I opened this thread
It is a great opportunity but it is for a few , that is a shame.

Well done for keeping this thread so positive,

In Ireland the leaving certificate started today some of these students will
Have applied for this cadet ship

Best thing to do at this stage is try and focus on what parts of the
Process you could improve on if you resit the tests for the next program
Either with EI or any other cadet ship , this was a learning experience
For everyone, a real test for a real job,
I know EI will move a good number to the next stage , no idea how many
But relax so far so good BUT don't waste the knowledge you have
Experienced and or learnt to date, document the sections you want
To improve on next time, if you miss out this time,

It is very competitive out there an extra couple per cent next time
May be critical

Also follow the threads boards.ie , pprune , lingussource.com and Friday EI have a press release coming soak up the background news

Well doe to date

Hangar6
6th Jun 2013, 19:35
Er was it something I said ?

Tin-Budgie
6th Jun 2013, 20:19
Course not Hangar...I actually enjoyed your post! Very nice and uplifting :)

Did you apply?

pug
6th Jun 2013, 20:55
Hanger, it was a very good post and it appears to have put things into perspective for people. Good luck everyone, I learnt very quickly that tenacity and determination is key.

Hangar6
6th Jun 2013, 21:31
Too old at 53! Never got the pilot bug but in aviation all my life
And kids are flying , loving it and its still a damn good living
In a few, too few companies but EI is one of the best, small, but a good company
and this cadet ship lets mere mortals in the door....
Btw don't even show up if FBW is something you can't alk about for two minutes

Google hangar6 read EI and FR spat on it , and of course ye know whose HQ is now located here.....

contacttower118.2
7th Jun 2013, 13:29
Also follow the threads boards.ie , PPRuNe , lingussource.com and Friday EI have a press release coming soak up the background news

Has this release come out yet? Can't see anything online...

Aerlingus231
7th Jun 2013, 13:36
This was the traffic stats that came out earlier today:

http://corporate.aerlingus.com/media/corporateaerlinguscom/content/pdfs/Traffic_Statistics_May_2013.pdf

contacttower118.2
7th Jun 2013, 13:46
Oh yes I saw that, didn't realise it had come out today though...

G-CFMX
7th Jun 2013, 17:22
Has anyone applied to this who hasn't got a PPL or more? Everyone seems to of got a licence or have had flying experience? :8

Selfmade92
7th Jun 2013, 18:43
No flying experience except an introductory flight for me. Just finished studying 2 years at an University so far.

Tin-Budgie
8th Jun 2013, 11:39
10 hrs in C172...apart from that I have nada!

2 years into my degree also :8

Ianp83
8th Jun 2013, 15:39
30. Just got PPL (last weekend)and looking for career change

Quiet
8th Jun 2013, 16:08
I have zero experience but it's not a requirement and several of the last batch of cadets had none either. Too late to worry about any of that now, only the HR department knows what they're looking for this time!

Keeley
10th Jun 2013, 12:06
Impatient.com :)

Ah well eh, good things come to those who wait :p

Mfootitt
10th Jun 2013, 15:03
Has anyone heard from Aer Lingus yet?

WhiskeyAlphaDelta
10th Jun 2013, 16:06
Has anyone heard about the next stage yet??

WhiskeyAlphaDelta
10th Jun 2013, 17:11
No nothing yet

Tin-Budgie
10th Jun 2013, 18:14
Nope WhiskyAlphaDelta...should hopefully hear soon enough...:)

limesoda
11th Jun 2013, 16:19
Could anyone who did the CTC wings assessment tell me how much harder/easier it is in comparison to the online assessments for the Aer Lingus programme.

I have an assessment booked for next week and would be good to get an idea on the difficulty/differences in their test.

Thanks

Apologies for the 'wannabe' like question ;)

limesoda
11th Jun 2013, 17:44
Ah okay brilliant thats very useful for me thank you.

The only other concern i have is when completing the maths section on the assessments, i never know whether i should be converting everything into standard base unit e.g convert S=D/T questions into meters per second/ seconds/ meters.

Help! :ugh:

nabanoba
11th Jun 2013, 20:10
The CTC aptitude test is much easier than the Aer Lingus one, it is more games than the Aer Lingus one which is mainly questions. Also I would imagine the passing standard is much lower. I had a nightmare on the first test (keeping the crosshair centred) think my highest score was 3/10 on it and passed because I did ok on the other tests.

On my assessment day I think 3 out of the 7 of us passed the assessments, but the ones who failed didn't sound like they did any preparation.

Edit: If you read the CTC Wings thread there are some posts that tell you exactly what to expect including the games that will come up.

limesoda
12th Jun 2013, 09:32
(apologies to all about clogging up the feed with irrelevant topics) :{

Okay thanks nabanoba thats very useful. I'm being assessed under the Air Qatar Cadet scheme, however I'm assuming the test will be fairly similar, if not the same to the standard entry process.

So long as they don't ask me to slalom through a tunnel with moving obstacles and a wireless mouse whilst my dog sniffs my leg (dam hounds) :ok:

WhiskeyAlphaDelta
12th Jun 2013, 17:27
Please god let it be soon... My nerves 😳

Boe787ing
13th Jun 2013, 17:45
Interesting to see that Aer Lingus is now recruiting for first officers with frozen ATPL's. fantastic for the qualified ones :)

MerNion
13th Jun 2013, 17:57
I believe it was like that also back in May 2011 when they were accepting application for DE F/Os...

Tin-Budgie
14th Jun 2013, 13:18
Has anyone heard anything?? Someone on another forum saying he got an invite to assessments...I think he's full of :mad: to be honest...

KriVa
14th Jun 2013, 13:21
Judging by the group that got invited to the assessments last time, there will be quite a few people who get to go to DUB.
So either he's lucky, and one of the first to be invited. In that case, the rest of us will probably get the mails later today.
Or, he's full of it. :)

Quiet
14th Jun 2013, 14:23
Turns out he was full of it. Nobody needs to worry :)

flyingtom86
14th Jun 2013, 14:46
Just received a phone call from Aer Lingus recruitment asking me to confirm total flying hours/ & single/multi-engine time. He stated that I would hear soon whether I'll be invited to Dublin for an interview.

contacttower118.2
14th Jun 2013, 15:00
How many hours do you have?

flyingtom86
14th Jun 2013, 15:03
160 total, did my PPL 10 years ago, looking to take up flying professionally now.

Tin-Budgie
14th Jun 2013, 15:06
Really? AL have time to single people out an call them personally to confirm hours?

As far as I was aware we were still at the stage where a system picks the good ones out and leaves the unsuccessful ones...could be wrong though, it happened once before ;)

propilot9
14th Jun 2013, 15:42
Are we expecting a call or an Email for the invite assessment at Dublin? Does anybody know?

Tin-Budgie
14th Jun 2013, 16:33
ProPilot9 I'd imagine due to the volume of candidates it will be an e-mail

Citationcj2
14th Jun 2013, 19:17
hmmm.. Find this phone call thing hard to swallow:confused:

contacttower118.2
14th Jun 2013, 21:18
In what way? It seems that a lot of people have applied to this with significant previous flying experience which is perhaps unusual for a cadet programme.

Maybe they are trying to gauge how to accommodate all this varied experience?

alphalima
16th Jun 2013, 16:25
Hi All,

Does anyone know how to or if its possible to update/change your contact number on the application?

Thanks in advance, and best of luck to all!

critchelltom
17th Jun 2013, 08:36
Hey has anyone been invited to Dublin. Did my tests ages ago :/

daveandg
17th Jun 2013, 09:47
Alphalima.....short of stating the obvious, as the application converts to a PDF and therefore cannot be edited, i'd email recruitment to advise them of your new details so you're not lost in the abyss!

ContactTower....personal opinion, but I think those with little/no flying will do the whole course, those with no atpl's but a PPL will do groundschool then straight into hours building with an assessment of the CFI where they are, and those with groundschool/ppl/hours will be given some remedial training again to guage where they are but straight into their CPL work up. Again speculation, nothing more!

To everyone else, calls are still going out to verify experience. HR called this morning to verify my dual/solo hours, and I was told invites will go out next week, possibly the week after. So id predict mid-July for Dublin dates.

downeydub
18th Jun 2013, 11:09
I to received a call from AL HR asking me confirm my flight time and also the results from the ATPL exams I have sat so far. He said it was just a general call and that he had a questionaire that he had to fill out on me and that was the purpose of the call. He just said he would be in touch and that was it.

Bearcat F8F
18th Jun 2013, 19:13
Have any PPL holders received a call to confirm hours? Or is it just those who have sat the ATPL exams that get the call?

Fanor
18th Jun 2013, 20:16
I have an ATPL and PPL done. Haven't got the call. I'm hoping that's because they are working in the order of the dates applications were received. Fingers crossed.

Libertine Winno
19th Jun 2013, 08:01
This is pure conjecture on my part, but could it not be that AL are calling up the guys with fATPL with the Direct Entry positions in mind, rather than a cadetship?

They are currently recruiting for FO's, so it would seem like a waste of everyone's time to send qualified guys through an integrated course when they already have the paperwork?

Not got any evidence to support that of course, just a thought...!

contacttower118.2
19th Jun 2013, 09:15
PPL, 8 ATPL theory passes. No call yet...:\

rojocrv
19th Jun 2013, 15:29
i have a PPL, no ATPL's and got a call

I imagine they have looked at the aptitude results before calling people also

StevenM
20th Jun 2013, 00:21
Not a peep here.

From what I've heard there was a bit of an internal dispute over the cadetship, due to the fact there are so many rated individuals with no work. Hopefully it is still run as planned!

skylark89
20th Jun 2013, 08:52
PPL.. Applied on the very last second of the very last day at 5pm.. Still no calls thus far...

Quiet
20th Jun 2013, 14:42
I know there are a lot of rumours at the moment that they are narrowing the field to PPL holders only but can anyone actually verify that? It seems strange that they would create so much extra work for themselves by having to trawl through thousands of applications that do not include PPL to find the ones that do. If there was truth to the rumour then wouldn't they have just saved themselves (and the non PPL holders) the hassle by listing a PPL as a requirement? In fact, it wasn't even listed in the desirable criteria. Maybe this is just wishful thinking on my behalf!

Quiet
20th Jun 2013, 15:39
Someone on boards claiming to have received a call from HR with an invite to the next stage...... anyone else received a similar call?

KriVa
21st Jun 2013, 10:21
Phone calls are being made today.
I haven't received one (yet, I hope...)

alphalima
21st Jun 2013, 10:38
So whoever advances to the next stage will revieve a call, and not email?

KriVa
21st Jun 2013, 10:54
That's what I took from the conversation I had with an EI pilot, earlier today.
Phone call, with a follow up email.

tumtiddle
21st Jun 2013, 11:02
Well if the calls are indeed going out today, good luck to all. I shall now firmly plant myself next to the phone and hope for the best! :uhoh:

contacttower118.2
21st Jun 2013, 11:10
Do you mean the actual calls inviting to Dublin or not?

propilot9
21st Jun 2013, 11:16
I believe I might be needing to change the contact details of my application. Has somebody already done so and if so, how did you do it?

alphalima
21st Jun 2013, 11:16
Contact tower, so far it does sound like they are calling first about the next stage.
It could be just the people in Ireland, and maybe an email to those outside the country, I dont know.

Ive emailed recrtuit twice about my change of number, but have not recieved a reply.

Again, best of luck to all

Selfmade92
21st Jun 2013, 11:43
I hope if they'll call me today, they'll do it within the next hour. I wont be home till around 9pm tonight, which is 2 am Ireland time. :(

Nauti
21st Jun 2013, 13:54
It'd be interesting to know if the calls are all being made today, although being a Friday I suppose it's likely. Only received my invite to the online assessments at the 11th hour, so am hoping the fact that it's getting on in the day isn't a bad sign!

Benjybh
21st Jun 2013, 13:57
Just got off the phone from a nice Dublin lady, who said I've got a date at the assessment day...!

Nauti
21st Jun 2013, 14:25
Benjy, where does your surname fall alphabet wise.....? :)

Black Pudding
21st Jun 2013, 14:30
Some advice

If you have received a phone call inviting you to Dublin on a particular date, don't post it here as chances are they read this forum and chances are they will suss out who you are and they may take time to read a few of your post.

Mentioning dates you are in Dublin is not a wise move in my own humble opinion.

Benjybh
21st Jun 2013, 14:37
Benjy, where does your surname fall alphabet wise.....?

Just before middle :)

tumtiddle
21st Jun 2013, 14:40
With a surname in the beginning of the alphabet I'm really hoping they're not going on surname :}

Another alternative is in the order the applications came in.

daveandg
21st Jun 2013, 14:42
I fail to see how stating you've been invited to interview couldn't make any difference. There is no discussion of the specifics, nor does the individual gain any benefit by quoting their date. Aer Lingus have more important things to worry about!

Black Pudding
21st Jun 2013, 15:28
Stating on here you have been called for a particular date is a very very silly thing to do.

Tin-Budgie
21st Jun 2013, 15:31
Congratulations to all who have got through so far...I haven't been fortunate enough so far but who knows...

Everything is crossed :uhoh:

Benjybh
21st Jun 2013, 16:15
Stating on here you have been called for a particular date is a very very silly thing to do.

Excuse my asking and potential ignorance but...why? Any Aer Lingus HR person could find out who I actually was just by searching in their database for the details to the left of any of my posts; surely stating which day I was given an assessment date for wouldn't have any bearing on that?!

contacttower118.2
21st Jun 2013, 16:58
Oh well no call for me today...guess it's not looking good. :sad:

tumtiddle
21st Jun 2013, 17:07
You certainly aren't alone. :\

KriVa
21st Jun 2013, 17:25
Well, it was a small chance anyway. 4500 contestants, and only 70 progressed to stage 2. Congrats to everyone who got in. Sadly, I'm not one of them either.

Benjybh
21st Jun 2013, 17:30
Well, it was a small chance anyway. 4500 contestants, and only 70 progressed to stage 2. Congrats to everyone who got in. Sadly, I'm not one of them either.

Out of interest, where are those figures from? :)

Bearcat F8F
21st Jun 2013, 21:27
I heard an official figure was 2500 applicants. Can't remember from where/ who though.

Would've been nice if someone fortunate enough to receive a call today could've asked if all the calls were made today for the benefit of the rest of us.

Talewind
22nd Jun 2013, 01:06
Congratulations to those who have made it through to the next round.
Can any of you tell me, how much notice you have before the assessment? On another forum I read that a guy has his next week, that's not much notice at all.

How much time has everybody got ?

skylark89
22nd Jun 2013, 04:48
anyone outside the UK and Dublin received a call from AL? I received a missed call from a number that i can't seem to call back..

Citationcj2
22nd Jun 2013, 08:22
I also had two missed calls yesterday from a number that i cant call back. Its engaged al the time. One at 16:30 and the other one an hour later.

The calls were made to my home landline, which was the first number i supplied in my application, but they also had my mobile number, which they didn't ring if that was them.
I don't know now

Selfmade92
22nd Jun 2013, 23:00
congrats to everyone who made it, i wasnt one of the lucky ones.

skylark89
23rd Jun 2013, 07:20
Selfmade, maybe for applicants outside uk/dublin they'd offer the dates on emails since they have to account for time difference and overseas call factor.

Just don't give up, keep your hopes up and hope for the best. :):ok:

Quiet
23rd Jun 2013, 20:37
As far as I recall there was at least a week if not two weeks of group assessment days last time. Obviously as they are only looking for 10 cadets this time around they would only need half of that this time. So far people have only been assigned to Wednesday and Thursday this week? So fingers crossed they may make a few more phone calls tomorrow. I'm refusing to let go until close of business tomorrow! Congrats to all the successful so far.

Paxi_R6
23rd Jun 2013, 23:59
I'm living on thin ice believing I've still a chance! I honestly find it so hard to concede that I didn't get to the next phase, honestly thought I done really well in the assessment apart from Verbal & numberal reasoning then again id love to meet the person who thought that part was easy!

Quiet
24th Jun 2013, 14:19
Someone on boards says there will be more calls made this week. Hopefully he's genuine!

doratheexplorer
24th Jun 2013, 15:24
Well we can hope! Good luck all, for this week and if any more calls go out!

Hangar6
25th Jun 2013, 12:00
Further calls are happening this week for Cadet 13 group hang in there !

Paxi_R6
25th Jun 2013, 12:40
:ok: Fingers crossed!

Someone on Boards.ie claiming they recived a call this morning.
So ear to the phone all this week!

alexisbarboule
25th Jun 2013, 14:20
I have sent an email to the Aer Lingus recruitment team asking what was the status of my application. Has I've applied in the first days of may I was surprised by the length of their silence.
Here is the answer:

"Many thanks for your email. Please keep an eye on your emails as you will be updated via email in regard to the status of your application."

I live in France so they will probably send me an email instead of calling me. Or perhaps they will send me an email to tell me that I haven't been selected...

Is there some applicant from none English speaking countries that have been called by AL?

limesoda
25th Jun 2013, 16:31
Just got the heads up. Going to Dublin :D :eek: But to my regret im out of the country for the date!! They said they would reschedule and phone me back (i think) but i'm still nervous about it! Anyone else in this position?

skylark89
25th Jun 2013, 18:08
That's right guys. Keep your hopes up because nothing's over until the fat lady sings. And she's not anywhere near the building. ;)

Ianp83
25th Jun 2013, 18:23
I had the same response about a rescheduled date. Currently working out my notice so couldn't go this week. Hopefully I'll be asked back next week.....

Stall-turn-Go
26th Jun 2013, 07:07
Hi guys,

The guys that have been invited to the next stage of the process, how did you get on with the verbal reasoning? I did well in all the other sections but only managed around 16 answers in that section. Hoping that's not going to be a stumbling point...

Thanks in advance for responses.

limesoda
26th Jun 2013, 09:06
I honestly thought i did pretty average in the VR. Considering i crashed many times in the tunnel, i also can't understand why i was put through (not complaining though :O).

But then again, i guess we all have different 'standards' we set ourselves. And i mean that in the least patronising manor possible!

Eligio
26th Jun 2013, 09:40
Good morning all,

I didn't receive any call till now, but I have a friend of mine (we are friend in the real life and we got ATPL exams together) who was called last week asking him about his flying experience and flying hours, if single engine, PIC or dual. We are from Venice, Italy so I confirm that foreign applicants will receive a call as well. I hope to receive a call this week as well, in the other case I will continue my ATPL course. I hope my post will be helpful.

irishoperator
30th Jun 2013, 14:13
I just posted this message over at boards.ie and thought I'd share it you guys just to clarify some things, apologies for the copy and paste job:

"I fly with another well known Irish carrier and was discussing the Lingus cadet program with some colleagues who have contacts within HR there.

Just to confirm and to put your minds at rest they are taking 960 through to assessment stage, so the woman at your assessment didn't read any memo wrong.

Good luck chaps

*Also regarding it appearing like they're using excess resources, just to put it into perspective, my son applied for a banking graduate scheme and the numbers of applicants going to assessment stage to actual job places was pretty much the same as with this cadetship. Unfortunately that's a sign of the times and employers can be extremely picky over who they take. "

Eligio
30th Jun 2013, 20:01
So irishoperator are you saying that calls are not ended and other calls will follow this week? Just for information, a friend of mine (the same that I said before in the previous post) was called from them but till now he received no mails. I hope well that the screening phase is not ended anymore.

Hangar6
30th Jun 2013, 20:28
Folks hang in there,

EI are recruiting

Apprentice mechanics
Mechanics
DE pilots
Cadet pilots
Cabin crew SNn for B757 ops
Cabin crew other bases
Plus other ad hoc openings

Given the current high number applications over 30k it's a busy HR

No airline in Europe is seeking to expand like this so relax , no door slammed shut yet, BUT it is competitive so make sure you are learning from this process you ay need this knowledge for your next application,EI are trying to be fair and tans learnt and give all applicants a chance from all over the world , yes even Cork !!!

4KBeta
1st Jul 2013, 15:47
I am one yet to hear anything, not sure whether to take that as a good or bad sign.

To confirm, has anyone actually received a rejection email?

Thanks

contacttower118.2
1st Jul 2013, 21:50
Negative.

Like you I have simply not heard anything, at all. I'm not really sure what to think but have pretty much given up hope - it has been over four weeks now and I seem to remember the application saying something along the lines of expect to hear something within that time and if not assume unsuccessful.

I know that they are very busy and may still have people to call but I don't really see the point in worrying about it now.

skylark89
2nd Jul 2013, 03:29
Received a miss call from a +44 number but it was like 4am uk time... Tried to call back but it went to voicemail..

steelbranch
3rd Jul 2013, 19:32
Has anyone actually received a rejection email/phone call?

flyingtom86
4th Jul 2013, 19:18
Hang in there, received a second call today to confirm my licences, she stated that they will be in touch regarding assessment dates in August.

flyingtom86
5th Jul 2013, 21:00
Marandinho, How come you say that everyone should have found out today. The lady that rang me yesterday stated they are running assessment dates all the way into August?

tobster911
6th Jul 2013, 05:23
Marandhino, I received the call yesterday as well, though, it does seem to be a bit short notice. I actually haven't completed my A-Levels yet, and just applied on the offchance that GCSEs would be enough. When I was emailed the assessments, I emailed HR (with new knowledge that A-Levels are the equiv. of Leaving Cert.) and explained the situation. No response, so continued the selection. Sent a few more emails since then and have heard nothing back. What does everyone on here think of this. Do you reckon I have any hope, or will it be a waste of money going over for the assessment?

tobster911
7th Jul 2013, 16:59
thanks,
9PM!? That's absurd, surely they can't do that. My flight leaves at 8PM on Wednesday to get back home. I haven't had another email. It may be worth contacting them to find out (call them, not email). So far, I received one email that started with 'sorry about the mistake, ignore the previous email because it's wrong'. I still haven't received the incorrect email, so, maybe that's what yours is.

Are you flying over? what day?

tobster911
7th Jul 2013, 18:04
Good idea. See you there :) Are you British or otherwise? Not that it matters in any way, I just get the impression that it's mostly Irish people going (again, doesn't matter).

Good luck getting it all sorted.

jaffa4cakes
7th Jul 2013, 19:38
Hi I applied for this cadet scheme two days before it closed and had lost hope in getting a call, But I did get called on Friday. Told be at Dublin 9 am for stage 3. So I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of how to get to the hotel from Dublin airport? Is there a bus service, or shuttle service, how is the situation with getting a cab around 8am in the morning?
Thanks in advance

Hangar6
7th Jul 2013, 20:34
Well from 5am about three hundred taxis sit and wait for pax off the 16 morning transatlantic arrivals plus you have a bus
service the radisson is in the airport not sure if its the only raddison but ye can chk da interweb and its five to seven min walk from terminal, any questions just ask , it's a wee friendly airport and anyone in any uniform will help

Aerlingus231
7th Jul 2013, 20:35
It's about a 2 minute walk on foot from T2, about 5-7 minute walk from T1.

jaffa4cakes
7th Jul 2013, 22:07
Cheers I was looking at the wrong hotel, thanks for info

tobster911
8th Jul 2013, 08:01
Just been on the phone to AL HR, and can confirm to anybody who is confused by the fact that they got an email stating 9PM, that it is, in fact, 9AM, and you should be there at 8:30AM on Wednesday Morning.

Hope that's cleared up the confusion.

WX Man
8th Jul 2013, 08:26
So anyone that hasn't heard anything by now can assume that they haven't got through?

At least easyJet had the courtesy to send PFO emails.

tobster911
8th Jul 2013, 08:55
WX, I believe that to be the case. Unlucky. However, there's always next year. It is a shame that they don't send you an email, but, I guess it's just wasted time. It did say quite clearly at the beginning of the process that if you don't hear from them, you were unsuccessful.

better luck next time

limesoda
8th Jul 2013, 10:22
Anyone going to the assessment on Wednesday?

My return flight to LDN HRW is at 4 o'clock and I'm starting to think that I'm cutting it fine!

Do we know how many people are attending on Wednesday (a rough figure is always nice)

Best of Luck to all

Marandinho
8th Jul 2013, 10:26
You'll be fine... I'm on your flight xD
The whole thing should be finished by 1pm, so its more than enough of a gap...
See you there!

tobster911
8th Jul 2013, 11:22
It is unlikely that it was them on a private number. I would believe that all the invites are out, because waiting until a day or two before seems ridiculous, but, I'd call them, just to make sure.

EI-mech
8th Jul 2013, 11:25
Calls are still going out, these assessments may well run into August and calls are going out at short notice so keep the faith anyone who has yet to hear!

Tin-Budgie
8th Jul 2013, 11:44
Does anyone have the e-mail address for AL Recruitment Team?

Thanks in advance

Aerlingus231
8th Jul 2013, 11:45
[email protected]

Out The Gap
8th Jul 2013, 12:45
Just received an invite myself earlier this morning, for "a group assessment, a written assessment and a competency based interview" later this week.

Is this what everyone else is being invited to?? I had understood that this next stage consisted of group assessments only, and that there would be no interviews until the following (third) stage. It seems like a lot to be covering in four hours if the group assessments are a repetition of all the online tests.

Greendotz
8th Jul 2013, 13:59
Fly-Boi, I got the call last week and it wasn't a private number. If you get any missed calls from an Irish number then that's most probably them.

Out The Gap
8th Jul 2013, 19:27
Thanks Fly-Boi!! Yes, it was a private number. Did anyone else get invited for an interview on the same day as the assessments?? Just curious.. :confused:

skylark89
9th Jul 2013, 04:33
so irish country code is +353 and not +44 right?

Tin-Budgie
9th Jul 2013, 09:10
Thanks AerLingus231!

Skylark it is 00353/+353 for the South of Ireland ;)

CM175
9th Jul 2013, 11:11
Hello Folks,

I just received an email as well inviting me for the stage 2.
Mine is schedule on Thursday at 08.30 am.

FYI, they sent the invitation to me by email so keep hope for those who didnt received yet any news from them.

Good luck everybody.

skylark89
9th Jul 2013, 16:14
i sent mine like on the very last minute in my time on the very last day... Hope to hear from them soon!.

miguelbmiranda
11th Jul 2013, 23:20
Someone was invited to do the assessments in Dublin next week?

My assessments are at the end of next week and would be cool if somebody else was in the city in these days..

best of luck to all :ok:

matcv88
12th Jul 2013, 13:01
Does anyone know if there is any way to prepare yourself for the assessment?what it's goin to involve?

limesoda
13th Jul 2013, 07:06
Just be prepared for anything. I'm not going to give you the details but get into your head that its a criteria based interview so will be testing you on how true your CV and other application info is!

Best of luck! :)

baldopilot
13th Jul 2013, 09:27
Do you know how many additional stages there will be in the process following the assessment in Dublin? Thank you!

Mfootitt
13th Jul 2013, 11:03
Don't give up hope, I got an invite late yesterday!

Tin-Budgie
14th Jul 2013, 16:02
Evening everyone!

This is just a question regarding selection. First off, congratulations to everyone over the next hurdle! I haven't yet received any call or such. However I checked the status of my application mid-week there, and it said "Application Received"; although I just checked it 10 minutes ago, and it had changed to "Invite to pre selection online test."

What is the status of peoples applications at present; and what stage are you at in the recruitment process?

Cheers!!

Your application for this vacancy was sent on 5/22/2013 and currently has a status of Invite to pre selection online test.

Haven't heard anything myself FlyBoi...I had been away on hols over the 28th June so wasn't keeping an eye on the forum, gathered when I hadn't heard anything by the 28th I didn't get it, was a bit happier to see people are still getting called...obviously doesn't mean I'll hear something but it's a bit better that the door isn't closed just yet :)

Paging Mr Loggins
15th Jul 2013, 19:29
Hello All,

Does anyone know how long the assessment day lasts for? I think someone posted earlier in the thread that they are expecting to be done, dusted and flying home by 4pm...

Is this realistic? Can someone who has completed the assessment day please let me know how long it took to finish?

Thanks

alphalima
16th Jul 2013, 06:05
I know if you get invited to the 13:30 one, you must be there at 13:00.
It should take a good 4 hours, but to be safe, say 5 hours since you do have to wait to be interviewed and might be the last person to be called up.

Hope that helps

Phaidi
16th Jul 2013, 13:40
Has anyone got an idea as to the numbers through to this next round? I know there are a couple of numbers on this thread but has anyone heard more?

Paging Mr Loggins
16th Jul 2013, 17:39
Thank you;)

limesoda
16th Jul 2013, 18:52
Hey,

I had my assessment at 9 o'clock and was done by one. Perfect time to catch my 4 o'clock flight back.

Hope this helps

flyingtom86
17th Jul 2013, 08:49
Received an email this morning stating they tried to call but no answer. Anyway, invited for assessment next Tuesday 23rd, more details to follow once attendance is confirmed. :)

reeko
17th Jul 2013, 13:57
flyingtom86

You must be the only person who has heard today... I'm still nervously waiting something.

Good Luck!

skylark89
17th Jul 2013, 15:39
still hoping on my end too that they'll reply me soon. :)

Laurapintas
17th Jul 2013, 15:47
Your application for this vacancy was sent on 21-05-2013 and currently has a status of Invite to pre selection online test.

Still no call from them, not sure if I will receive. A friend of mine who did the tests on the same day as I has already received a call from them. Lets see!

KriVa
17th Jul 2013, 16:13
No idea if this idea has been suggested before, my apologies if it has...
Might it be possible that they are calling people in order of surname?
Obviously I'm still waiting and hoping for a call myself, but since my surname is pretty far back in the alphabet (V), I might be one of the last guys IF they use this system.
I don't suspect they do, but you never know...

skylark89
18th Jul 2013, 06:53
My surname's J but my first name's Q. Well whatever it is im just hoping for the best. All the best to everyone here too.

Eligio
18th Jul 2013, 07:45
There is the possibility that they're calling in order of surname, I tell you why: I had two friends of mine that received the invite to the Dublin assessments. The first that was called has a B surname and the second one (that was called after 2 weeks approximately) has a D surname. I have a V surname so let's hope for the best!

flyingtom86
18th Jul 2013, 08:44
I hate to break this 'trend' but my surname begins with B.

Eligio
18th Jul 2013, 09:31
Ahah, flyingtom86 it was just a possibility. :)

KriVa
18th Jul 2013, 10:18
Flyingtom86: do you have an idea when the missed call you received was? If its a while ago, it might still be possible they use this system.

flyingtom86
18th Jul 2013, 10:53
The email stated that they tried to call me but to be honest i've nothing on my mobile (the only number they have) to this effect. No voicemails, no missed calls, nothing!

KriVa
18th Jul 2013, 15:33
I am truly, deeply, sorry for being excited about this chance.
I'll make sure it doesn't happen again...

EDIT: and of course, then the comment to which I replied is removed.... Imagine that!

Tin-Budgie
18th Jul 2013, 18:26
Fly-Boi-1992 Thanks for that Tin-Budgie! Yes mate I know what you mean there! I was on holidays myself from the 22nd until the start of July there. I knew some invites had gone out previous to my departure, and then I seen somewhere that there were only 70 candidates selected for the next stage; so I spent the next day feeling quite disheartened as you would imagine, and then I went away, to return, like yourself and see that the windows not yet closed!

Good luck fella!

Likewise, all the best!!!

Oh and P.S...I'm a girl :p

Keeley
19th Jul 2013, 09:42
Just a heads up folks, I've just received an email inviting me to an assessment centre next Tuesday! Scared isn't the word! There is still hope for those still waiting :-)

KriVa
19th Jul 2013, 14:02
I received an email invitation for Tuesday too.
Time to book some tickets!

Aleboni
19th Jul 2013, 14:03
When did you apply keely? :)

flyingtom86
19th Jul 2013, 14:15
KriVa & Keeley;

Are you both at 13:30, if so I shall see you there!

Keeley
19th Jul 2013, 15:02
I submitted my application on the closing date (29/05/13 in the early hours of the morning as I was having problems attaching my documents :p).

KriVa
19th Jul 2013, 15:11
I just got a return mail, I'm booked at 8:30.
How are you guys planning on going there? And where are you staying?

Eligio
19th Jul 2013, 16:11
Still nothing guys :(

pakythepilot
19th Jul 2013, 21:26
Guys, I have been accepted to take my assessment on 23 july. I was losing my hope of being called by the recruitment team but I was wrong. Tonight I have received my mail where they were asking to confirm my place....I'm just speechless. I feel a mix of excitment and fear. For who have already been through it please just give me any advice which could help me to get ready for my assessment. Thanks in advance.

kworrall
19th Jul 2013, 21:37
Hi, just out of interest, what experience do you people have who have been called up?

pakythepilot
19th Jul 2013, 22:30
I'm actually working towards my atpl exams. I won a sponsorship with which I paid my PPL license in full and my secondary education was completely focused on aeronautical subjects. After my maturity diploma (A-level) I did several not dreaming jobs in order to raise some funds and sponsor my professional license and ratings.

Keeley
19th Jul 2013, 23:59
With regards to flying experience, I have had two trial flying lessons, so not a great deal.

As far as academic experience is concerned, I studied Aeronautical Engineering at University.

southernjock
20th Jul 2013, 02:18
Well I got the invite to attend selection in Dublin on next week by email last night. I was a little surprised, as it had been a while since I nad heard anything and quite a few invites have gone out so far, but delighted to be invited to the next stage!

Unfortunately I am unable to attend the selection next week as I am overseas with work and there is no way I can attend the original dates offered.

Email sent to AL to enquire about doing the selection in August instead, fingers crossed, hopefully they will say yes.

Regards SJ

Scrookie
20th Jul 2013, 11:30
Is anyone going to Dublin on July 30?

Talewind
20th Jul 2013, 17:18
Can anybody who has already attended an assessment day in Dublin tell us how many other candidates were there on the day?

I'm trying to get a rough idea of how many people have made it to this stage. It appears from what I have heard/read is that they ran assessments twice per week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 9am and 1pm.

Alternatively if anyone actually knows the number of candidates who made it though, that would be better...

Thanks

Kudlaty
20th Jul 2013, 18:29
I received an email from them on Friday at around 9:20 PM saying I was successful and I am invited to the assessment on Wednesday 24th July !!
I responded immediately but still has got no response from them informing me about the time of the assessment.
Immediately after receving an email I booked a flight to Dublin - I am coming on 23rd in the evening and leaving on 24th at around 8 PM. I can't wait !! :D
Could someone recommend me some hostel that is close to the airport and the AL HQ but cheap? Thanks in advance!

Greendotz
20th Jul 2013, 19:55
On my day there was around 15-20 people in the group. We can make educated guesses all we like but we're never going to know the true number. Considering there's only 10 spots available it seems to me that a "generous" amount of people have made it to the assessment centre stage (like 30%?, although that's just me pulling a number out of thin air). Earlier I noticed someone mentioned that they'd heard only 70 made it to the assessment centre stage, no way it's that low. Not too surprising really when you consider the only criteria they've had for filtering applicants up to now has been based off online competency tests (doesn't really tell you anything about the applicant other than they have the very basic skills needed).

skyblue737
20th Jul 2013, 20:26
I have been invited also for the 23

Kudlaty
21st Jul 2013, 11:15
They wrote thay the assessment is taking place at Dublin Airport.
Anyways, for now I cannot afford staying in a 4 star hotel, that's why I am asking about some hostels near the Airport :)
Does anyone know whether the assessment always start at 9 AM or is every person assigned to an individual time of the day? I still didn't get any response from them so I think I must call them on Monday to get to know all the details.
skyblue737 are you staying in Dublin for any longer or going back home already on 23rd??

Hangar6
21st Jul 2013, 12:08
Two guesthouses near this hotel walking distance ten mins
Airport B and B
Coughran B and B
Plus ibis hotel swords courtesy bus to airport

doz111
21st Jul 2013, 20:02
They are interviewing over 900 for 10 positions.

Therefore chances are very slim.

Paxi_R6
22nd Jul 2013, 06:33
If you crunch the numbers, lets say 20 per session and they want to assess 960(That's the number I heard they want), Two sessions per day and only two days during the week they assess adds up to be between 10-12 weeks of them, this week will be the 5th week so if the numbers add up plenty of hope.

Kudlaty
22nd Jul 2013, 22:45
I have an assessment on Wednesday and they haven't provided me with the details of the meeting yet although I got a confirmation thay they had received my e-mail. I am a bit worried... Called them today but the lady I was speaking to said she isn't the person responsible for this and her colleague who is, is not available at the moment. I will call them tomorrow and hopefully get the details.
Can someone who has already taken part in the assessment share the info about where the assessments is taking place and confirm if it starts at 9 AM?

Eligio
23rd Jul 2013, 13:31
Received an email 4 hours ago. Tuesday 30th July at 9.00. See you in Dublin guys!

Laurapintas
23rd Jul 2013, 15:44
Received the email this morning, going there 30th of July !:D
Still waiting for more information about the day but I asked if there was any kind of discount for those flying there with Aer Lingus but no luck.

Keep up the faith!:ok:

Keeley
23rd Jul 2013, 19:00
Hi guys,

My assessment centre has been rescheduled to Tuesday 30th July at 9:00 AM. I am flying from London Luton on Monday 29th July and have booked myself into the Radisson Blu Hotel. Has anybody else got their assessment centre next Tuesday? Would anyone like to meet for a drink on Monday night? It would be nice to get to know a few people before the day itself.

Secondly, I have just received the email about what the assessment day entails. Just to clarify, I am not about to ask anyone to spill the beans about the day itself, but I am wondering what people's thoughts are with regards to what the competency based interview will entail (I am aiming this question at those who are in the same position as me and who haven't been to an assessment yet)? It will obviously contain direct competency questions and most likely questions about Aer Lingus as a company, but I am unsure how much technical knowledge will be required at this stage (I vaguely recall a mention of a further panel interview). I am going to try and cover all bases in my preparation, but preparation time is limited and I am just interested to see how everyone else is preparing :).

Good luck everyone and fingers crossed for those still waiting :)

rojocrv
23rd Jul 2013, 20:12
Hi, i was wondering if at the assesment, for people who had flying experience, were you asked questions about flying that were of a technical nature, i.e questions that could have been on say the ppl exams

Eligio
23rd Jul 2013, 20:35
I'm booking my ticket to be there Monday 29th July in the evening. I'm gonna book also a night to Radisson Blu Hotel.

Gordononaboat
24th Jul 2013, 16:34
I too was lucky enough to receive an e-mail last night. For Comparisons sake I'm 30, surname starting with Y and only very low hours experience in a 172.

Does anyone in the know have an idea of what the day entails? I'm presuming CTC style. Am i correct? What would an expected dress code be? My job in the real world is based offshore in hot climates and as such i don't own a suit!

I'm presuming (again) that there will need to be further interviews if i was to be successful in this stage. Does anyone have an idea of when they would be?

Finally in the infinitesimal chance i get that far what is the expected start date of training? the website just says late 2013 which could be anything from September onwards.

Best of luck to all who are going through the process, does at least make life a little interesting for a few months.

Gordon

Vander
25th Jul 2013, 12:43
Hello Aerlingus231,

Is there any word about when they will start inviting Direct Entry Applicants?

Best regards

wexfordair
25th Jul 2013, 12:58
HI guys,
Last word I got from them was to do the online assesments at start of june, which I did. Then a few days later I got a call from someone in HR to confirm my ppl flying hours. He told me to watch my email over the next few days/weeks and that was the last I heard... Just wondering if I should give them a call?? Is it possible they have me on a shorter list because of my flying (private) experience or have they forgotten about me???
Anyone else in this boat?

Laurapintas
25th Jul 2013, 21:02
Hi
For the ones that have already been there and those who have already received the email with the data, what do we have to bring to the interview?
Thanks

limesoda
25th Jul 2013, 21:29
Actually, they explained to us on the assessment day that dependent on there business model in the near future, they could recruit up to 20 new cadets.

We will soon see nevertheless!

daveandg
25th Jul 2013, 21:40
Wexfordair....just sit tight im afraid. Majority of those invited to assessment this week (23rd/24th) received their email late on Friday ie. 4 days notice.

laurapintas....2 copies of up-to-date CV (resume), 2 signed passport photos, educational certificates equivalent to Irish leaving certificate and and any other educational qualifications, 1 form of ID.

Sharklet7
25th Jul 2013, 22:48
Good evening all,

Just wondering does anyone know why they are calling some people and asking about their flying hours? Surely this won't determine if someone gets called to assessment centre or not?

I have no hours under my belt but was invited to the. Assessment centre. I just don't understand why those guys are being asked regarding hours.

In terms of all you guys waiting bout there-the assessment centres are running every week up until the end of August. With approx 50 guys attending each day (over four sittings) there are still a lot of guy to be called so don't panic. There's. sonewhere in the region of 700-900 through to this stage.

all the best to everyone, waiting is the killer. It's waiting from here on in.

Laurapintas
26th Jul 2013, 00:55
daveandg,
Thank you! Just one thing, what do you mean by signed photos?
If by tomorrow I haven't received the email with more information, I will give them a call because they haven't sent me that email with the data and the assessment is this Tuesday (already booked the flight).

wexfordair
26th Jul 2013, 07:29
I filled in the section on the application about flying qualifications and didn't say how many hours I had.they just called to ask.
I guess no news is good news and sitting tight is all e can do at the moment.
Thanks.

Eligio
26th Jul 2013, 08:33
Guys I don't know why they're calling to ask how many flying hours do you have. A friend of mine was called as well for his flying time and then he was invited to the assessment centre. We have the same licences (PPL and ATPL Theory) but he was called for his flying hours and I'm not. Another example is that he was called by phone and I was invited by email. So I don't know what's the criteria they are calling about... But don't worry!

Laurapintas
26th Jul 2013, 13:18
For those who haven't received the email with the data or other questions, call this number: 0035318862156.
Just called them about the email and they sent it right away.
Tuesday 30th of July 2013 at 13:30, see you there!:)

BufferB
26th Jul 2013, 18:44
Hey Guys,

I got an email from Aer Lingus inviting me to the assessments next week 31st July.
I've replied and now I'm waiting for their return mail with the detailed information. Who else is going on the 31st and have you got an email back yet? What time do the assessments start on Wednesday?
I'm trying to book a flight and there is one arriving in Dublin at 11:10am but i'm not sure if I'll be in time for the assessments. Any advice?

Eligio
26th Jul 2013, 19:20
Try the website skyscanner.com, really good and fine. There you should find a flight for you even if there would be a stop over. For example, I booked my flight on the 29th July from Venice to Copenhagen then from Copenhagen to Dublin with SAS... And for the return from Dublin to Frankfurt and then Frankfurt to Venice with Lufthansa!

Sharklet7
26th Jul 2013, 23:02
Good evening BufferB,

In terms of times of assessment centre there are two sittings each day.

You will be in either the morning or afternoon slot, these start at half nine and half one.

Hopefully you will be allocated the afternoon slot to allow you to travel.

Hope that helps,

Let us know how you get on.

bsal
26th Jul 2013, 23:02
laurapintas
For those who haven't received the email with the data or other questions, call this number: 0035318862156.
Just called them about the email and they sent it right away.
Tuesday 30th of July 2013 at 13:30, see you there!

I'm the same time as you. See you there and best of luck.

Libertine Winno
27th Jul 2013, 11:21
@BufferB

Got the email inviting me to the same day as yourself, so see you there!

Quite amazed really seeing as I messed up big style on one of the maths parts of the test, thinking that it was still a practice...!

BufferB
28th Jul 2013, 10:52
Thank's for the info guys.

@Libertino: See you there!

Balto
29th Jul 2013, 18:38
Just got invited to the assessment centre taking place the 31st of July. The one starting at 13.30. 2 days notice... Wow. Anyways flying there tomorrow afternoon and staying at Radisson Blu. Anyone doing the same and want to get together and take a drink at the bar or something. Think it's a good idea to socialize within the group as we are doing so anyways at the assessment. Heyooo!

wexfordair
29th Jul 2013, 23:33
got word today (monday) to go to the 13.30 session on wednesday 31st! very short notice, but at least we get it over with quickly. Im in ireland so its not too difficult to travel.

bsal
30th Jul 2013, 19:50
I had mine today, not too bad but alot of waiting around.

Sharklet7
30th Jul 2013, 20:52
Hey were there many there today?

How do you think you got on?

bsal
30th Jul 2013, 22:18
I would say around 20-25 for my assessment at 13.30. I think I did fine but time will soon tell.

Paxi_R6
31st Jul 2013, 02:26
Anybody know what's the story with the assessments and how long they will continue to assess people.

Sharklet7
31st Jul 2013, 07:45
Hi Paxi_R6,

The assessment days are running two days a week and are continuing until the end of August.

It has quite common that candidates are called perhaps less than a week in advance of attending a day, so there is plenty of time yet. There is in the range of 700-900 candidates through to the assessment stage.

gabrielgomez11
31st Jul 2013, 10:58
any Lingus cadet program has been happen in US ?????

G-CFMX
1st Aug 2013, 21:18
Just Got Invited to the assessment on Tuesday 06th Aug but short notice but that seem to be the way they work. anyone else been invited for that day?

This is hope for everyone else as calls are still going out!

Tin-Budgie
1st Aug 2013, 21:47
Just out of curiosity g-cfmx, how do you think you did in the online assessments?

G-CFMX
1st Aug 2013, 22:27
I personally thought I did okay. but clearly as it seems I must be one of the last ones called then clearly not as good as I thought

Gialluccio
1st Aug 2013, 22:29
Is there someone who has the appointment on tuesday 30th july at 1 pm?

KriVa
2nd Aug 2013, 06:32
You realise that's three days ago, right? I hope you didn't miss the assessment...