PDA

View Full Version : A320 High Engine Vibration

Flyman35
11th May 2013, 13:28
as the QRH states: that apply adequate procedures, I want some one to explain what does it mean? with example please.:ok:
http://i39.tinypic.com/2zi4v2h.jpg

lomapaseo
11th May 2013, 14:27
Since the complete check list is not visible, I could be way off the mark here and others will corrcet me

My interpretation of the image above is

If icing is present and you Have N1 vibs, reduce rpm and see if that lessens the vibs

If icing is present and the vibs have suddenly increased and don't follow a reduction in throttle you probably have something worse like a missing spinner or fan blade so look elsewhere for procedures to follow along those lines.

If nil is found looking elsewhere maybe a screwed up vib detection.

DutchOne
12th May 2013, 06:18
The "apply adequate procedures" reflects to to "other engine problems". So it all depends what the problem is.

Bird strike?, broken blade?, ect, ect.

They will not tell you to shut down the engine, but if high vibration persists it might be the only option you have. It will be your decision.

CptRegionalJet
12th May 2013, 06:59
If you have to shut down the Engine you can do so via the "Engine Stall" QRH procedure...

barit1
12th May 2013, 14:43
Icing accumulation will generally cause a slow increase in vibs, but since ice is shed in chunks, the shedding may cause a sudden vib increase.

Keep in mind that both (or all) engines will pick up ice at about the same rate, but will probably shed ice at different times.

If nil is found looking elsewhere maybe a screwed up vib detection.tion

This is always a possibility, and was not uncommon a decade or two ago. I should hope vib detection is more reliable today (i.e. fewer false positives)