PDA

View Full Version : Boeing 777-200er Interior Cost

clipper777
5th May 2013, 19:58
Hi to all its my first post here so I hope I'm posting it in the right place.

My question is how much would it cost to replace/re do the interior of a 777-200er. Specifically SU-GBX and SU-GBY as you all might be aware these 2 aircraft have been stored for some time now. and I don't want to see them end up like 9V-SQG which went befor it's time.

Back in 2010 SU-GBP was offered to Biman Bangladesh Airline. But biman wanted that aircraft to be reconfigured from 3-class to 2-class and from Y3-4-2 to Y3-3-3 but Egypt air refused and biman dropped the deal. Later the aircraft was scrapped due to fire damage.

Now again Bangladesh Biman are looking to lease 2x 777-200 for a 5 year dry lease and these to are the only 2 sister ships available (SU-GBX and SU-GBY)
Again if this 2 are offered in current config they will be rejected. So what will it take for them to be reconfigured to 2-class with seating for 324 pax give or take 10. I don't think biman are bothered with IFE. It should be cheaper. But wouldn't mind if someone had a price that included IFE. Please all thought and comments welcome.

nitpicker330
6th May 2013, 09:49
:D:D:D sorry couldn't resist the laugh.

I can't believe you ask this on Pprune??

Surely if you are in a position to acquire two VERY expensive Aircraft then you'd have the ability to go through "proper channels" to obtain the info......

Maybe try ringing up a few maintenance organizations in Hong Kong or Singapore or Manila to ask them???

There's an idea :ok:

Besides all that I'd be more worried about the Airworthiness of these two Aircraft first........