PDA

View Full Version : The ERJ-145 and other RJ types...

Jay Dubbya
27th Apr 2002, 13:51
Hi,

I've read a few comments on pprune regarding the ERJ-145. I was surprised to read a number of negative points about this popular regional jet, namely that it is 'cheap and nasty', as well as unreliable. Is is really that bad? I've not had the pleasure of flying on the type, but am very curious to hear about it from people in the know.

Finally, my local based airline at BHX (Maersk Air UK) in now flying the rather sleek looking CRJ-700. Does this new variant have a greater range that the earlier 200LR model (also in the Maersk fleet)?

Regards,
Jim

5711N0205W
29th Apr 2002, 11:28
Never flown on the CRJ but several on the ERJ, had one tech delay requiring an electrical reset (or something), comfortable and quick, that's all I'm interested in.

SLF
30th Apr 2002, 12:59
Think I came back from CPH yesterday in this one, it has 2 loos and (is it my imagination?) an inch or two extra knee room. G-MRSK I think.

They seemed to have lots of technical problems when they first introduced the CRJs, not sure if this was down to problems, inexperience, or crew (or PAX) shortages (!), but the last 18 months or so it's seemed fine to me. Nice aircraft, not one for the claustrophobes though...

:)