PDA

View Full Version : Jeppesen on ANDROID Tablet

Twin2040
30th Apr 2013, 14:52
Hi - Any help in this forum - Thanks. Unable to see anything but black screen, where APP plates and Charts should be displayed. Able to see in right hand columm 10.9 - all numbers on plates ? Just installed and charts and maps are up to date, it says. Easy fix, get Ipad, I know. The device is a HTC flyer Tablet running ANDROID 3.2.1 - Any downloads able to fix this. Best regards. Twin 2040

FlightPathOBN
30th Apr 2013, 21:38
Which Jepp program?
Did Jepp say they supported Android? Last I knew, they were still evaluating Android...

Better call Jepp on this....

glider12000
30th Apr 2013, 21:44
Supported on JellyBean on the Nexus 7, runs fine on mine.

Capn Bloggs
1st May 2013, 03:14
Jepp TC OK on Xoom 2 with ICS.

Which Jepp program?
Did Jepp say they supported Android? Last I knew, they were still evaluating Android...

Better call Jepp on this....
Stop raving on. Program? They're called apps. And there's only one of them. And it is fully supported on certain classes of Android device, as stated on Google Play. :cool:

Intruder
1st May 2013, 07:28
Works on Galaxy Tab 8.9.

FlightPathOBN
1st May 2013, 15:16
F off Bloggs!

The Jeppview Charts are a program, while Flight Deck is an App..

From Jepp... QA Flight Deck Pro (http://ww1.jeppesen.com/documents/support/mobile/mobile-pro/Mobile-FliteDeck-Pro-FAQ.pdf)

Q: Will FliteDeck Pro be supported on the Android platform?
A: Jeppesen is currently evaluating the Android platform and market adoption.

Capn Bloggs
1st May 2013, 16:15
Now now FPOBN...

You did ask:

No mention of Flight Deck Pro then...

FlightPathOBN
1st May 2013, 19:55
While you seem to think it is all about you...

the question was for the original poster.

As you can read, hopefully, Android is not supported for everything.

Ian W
1st May 2013, 20:25
There is this Jeppesen Mobile FliteDeck Pro for Android by Jeppesen - Ollapp.com (http://www.ollapp.com/app/jeppesen-mobile-flitedeck-pro/android)

FlightPathOBN
1st May 2013, 22:27
From Jepp...

Electronic Chart Alert (http://ww1.jeppesen.com/main/corporate/documents/aviation/notices-alerts/chart-alert/iPad/Electronic_Chart_Alert_April_2013.pdf)

matthewgamm
2nd May 2013, 08:24
Don't want to deviate from the OP's query; however, are there any good, FREE aviation apps for android (excluding the ones that will keep your flight logs)?

Thanks

Capn Bloggs
2nd May 2013, 13:02
Twin, looking at your specs, I suspect that the screen's not the supported size. All the supported devices have at least 1280x800 screens. That may be the problem for you. Yours is also a pretty old tablet. Might not have enough grunt to run Mobile TC properly?

From Jepp...

Electronic Chart Alert
That applies to iOS! :=

Intruder
2nd May 2013, 13:10
Don't want to deviate from the OP's query; however, are there any good, FREE aviation apps for android (excluding the ones that will keep your flight logs)?
Aviation Pocketknife
World Clock
IATA / ICAO Dictionary
Aviation Weather