PDA

View Full Version : A-346 DUAL BMC FAULT.

LM2256
29th Apr 2013, 11:46
Hello,

I would appreciate if someone could share any information or ideas regarding: A-346 DUAL BMC Fault. There is no procedure in the FCOM. I cannot find anything else about it.

FCOM:

In case of BMC 1 ( 2 ) fault,

Both bleed systems on the same side may be lost. - Crew awareness.

Are we supposed to only monitor the system ? Pressurization, Cabin Altitude ?
Obviously, if we don't have any operating bleed system, it would lead the A/C to a 'slow' depressurization. Use of APU BLEED ? ( No X-Bleed ? No leak detection would be available, but APU bleed is controlled by ECB < 22,500 ft. )

Thank you in advance !

spannersatcx
29th Apr 2013, 15:23
each BMC controls 2 bleeds, so even though you have a BMC fault you may loose, 0, 1 or 2 bleeds on the same side, I guess that's why you need to monitor.

LM2256
30th Apr 2013, 08:54
Yes.. The Procedure in the FCOM is for a single BMC fault. 1(2), There is no procedure or recommendations for dual BMC fault that I am aware of...
That's why I am looking for info. or ideas to how deal with that scenario..

SloppyJoe
1st May 2013, 07:12
I think the best idea is to write it up in the tech log upon landing, other than that not a huge issue really as all bleeds still work. Would have to be fixed prior to next dispatch. If your going a long way may be uncomfortable without leak detection. Could try a reset, think its one of the ones on the overhead panel but not sure without a QRH or picture.

mauro.villani
17th Feb 2014, 06:12
I agree...in case of double BMC fault the valves will be still opened and will still supply packs etc so no issues regarding pressurization ot other systems problems.the only thing you loose in that scenarioare the warnings associated to the BMC (overpressure overtemperature etc) on ecam so that's why u have to keep monitoring the SD during the flight.