PDA

View Full Version : Consecutive go-'rounds BNE this morning

TwoFiftyBelowTen
22nd Apr 2013, 11:57
Saw one aborted approach this morning RWY01 about 10:10 local. Apparently there was another... "China Suzzen" stuck at the threshold? Is there a hole in my runway, dear Liza, dear Liza ...?

1Charlie
22nd Apr 2013, 12:03
1st go around was due to a delay with china southerns takeoff roll, the second arrival on 01 had to go around because by this time, china couldn't depart due to an arrival on 14 which was now too close

Holding at
22nd Apr 2013, 23:21
Reminds me of something I heard on a tower frequency some years ago between ATC and an Asian Carrier.

ATC "Airline ABC, do you understand be ready for immediate departure?"

Asian Airline "Say again"

ATC "Airline ABC, hold position":ugh:

Will IB Fayed
23rd Apr 2013, 05:07
And how does that remind you, Mr Holding At? For all you or the OP know, the China Southern plane on the threshold was Captained by Macca, born and raised on the Gold Coast, and had an ECAM message pop up while entering the runway. Do you break into Putonghua inbound to PEK to resolve ATC misunderstandings? (I bet you can't even say that word).
"China Suzzen"?
You guys must be the types who hurl abuse at the foreigners on the bus/train which has been making the news lately.
:ugh::ugh::ugh:
Rant over

psycho joe
23rd Apr 2013, 05:26
The foreigners who ride busses and trains aren't mandated to speak English.

If "macca" caused two aircraft to go around because of a lack of communication/CRM/TEM skills, then getting bagged out here is not his greatest problem in life.

If "macca" comes from the Gold Coast and can't even pronounce his call sign correctly then.... :D Good on china southern for being an equal opportunity employer.

haughtney1
23rd Apr 2013, 06:16
Just worth mentioning to the guys in the twr at BNE this morning, job well done few hours earlier.
Us..heavy 777 from large ME airline now friends with QF, 4 miles on the RNP 19, and a QF 737 cleared to enter and depart, a thing of beauty, he was airborne at we cross 200AGL and got our landing clearance, nicely done, reminded me of all my years based at EGKK :ok: