PDA

View Full Version : Bendix/King KSN770

A and C
21st Apr 2013, 14:46
I have been looking into a major avioninc upgrade for some time and all the usual suspects spring onto the search engine but one seems to not have had any entry's since 2011 and that is the Bendix/King KSN770, it was hailed as a rival to the Garmin products............... Has it been quietly dropped while I was not looking ?

wigglyamp
22nd Apr 2013, 18:17
Aspen have partnered with Honeywell to complete the design and certification. It will now feature a touch-screen interface to compete with Garmin's GTN range and Avidyne's IFD540. Don't know when it'll get certified though ( especially with EASA).

peterh337
23rd Apr 2013, 08:47
A dead product, IMHO, like everything from Honeywell today.

Same with the KFD840.

A and C
23rd Apr 2013, 14:24
Next year my aircraft is looking at a major Avionic upgrade and the Aspin is at the top of the list, I would be quite happy with my current stack driving it but the lack of spare parts from Bendix/King for the KN89 is a major problem along with other support issues I have had with Bendix/King.

The upside for Bendix/King equipment is that I like the way it works and the logic for the KN89 is the same as a lot of top end FMS units.

No doubt I have some thinking time before I have to part with money and need to talk to Wigglyamp about matters of common interest involved with certification.

wigglyamp
23rd Apr 2013, 18:37
Aspen STC for the Robin DR400 coming soon A&C - no need to wait until next year for your upgrade!

A and C
23rd Apr 2013, 18:52
No Money ! Got to do the SID's check on the Two Cessna's and get them earning the money to pay for the upgrade on my personal toy !

After all even with the old kit it's still full IFR with BRNAV & GPS approach !