PDA

View Full Version : regulations & permits for sinlge landling on private properties

soessoes
17th Apr 2013, 15:25
Hello,

we are planning a project were we would visit several different european countries, and land on private properties. because all countries have different laws concerning landing on private porperties i would like to know if anyone can help me with where i have to inform myself on regulations, and ask for permissions and procedures to land on private propertie (websites, tel numbers, government, ...) for the following countries: italy, france, austria, luxembourg, the netherlands, germany, Slovenia, tjechie. in a comprehensive (easy) way :)

Regards,

Kris

Piper.Classique
17th Apr 2013, 20:02
Hi
Do you mean private strip/airfield or farmer's field?
It makes a big difference in many countries.
Also, SEP or microlight?

soessoes
17th Apr 2013, 21:54
well actually it is not a farmers field, but golf clubs with permission of the owners.

patowalker
18th Apr 2013, 11:26
Have you tried to obtain permission to land on golf courses in your own country? It should give you an idea of the difficulties you will face elsewhere.

soessoes
18th Apr 2013, 12:42
in belgium this is very easy, ask permission of the owner of the golf course and if he agrees you're done :)
i know it is harder in other countries, thats why i ask for info :)

gyrotyro
18th Apr 2013, 13:36
Living in Belgium you probably already know but if you aren't aware then don't try landing anywhere other than am airfield in Holland or France as it is against the law. In France you can if you are flying a ULM or a helicopter with a permit issued by the prefecture de police in Paris.

I once had to make a precautionary landing with a helicopter in Hilversum Holland and had two people from the Rotterdam airport police drive down give me a good grilling over why I had not landed at the airfield 2 kms away. The fact that it was pouring with rain and the cloud base had lowered to treetop height didn't appear to concern them. They wanted to see all of my documents and would not allow me to take off the next day unless I used an ATPL to make the flight for me.

I had to pay the ATPL 200 Euro for the five minute flight to re-position my helicopter.

France takes the view that there are plenty of airfields so why would you want to land in a field/golfcourse etc?

A friend of mine gave some of his local villagers a quick whizz around the area as a public relations excercise and I had to go and sweet talk the Gendarmes who turned up and were about to arrest him and impound his aircraft for operating out of a field.

Be careful..

soessoes
18th Apr 2013, 15:50
well, to avoid those problems is exectly the reason of my question over here. we know we cant just land anywhere in those countries. Some golfers asked us for a benefit project weather this could be arranged. So we would like to know where and how we could ask the different countries to provide us with a one time permit to land & take of on the golf courses in agreement with the golf club owners and the government of the concerned countries

Silvaire1
18th Apr 2013, 20:22
Living in Belgium you probably already know but if you aren't aware then don't try landing anywhere other than am airfield in Holland or France as it is against the law

Its also illegal to land on your own land (or anywhere else but an airport) in Germany. In Germany they also want somebody on the ground at the airport. Hard to imagine, but true.