PDA

View Full Version : Falcon 2000 type rating

MrMutra
17th Apr 2013, 10:50
Can anyone recommend somewhere for an initial type rating falcon 2000, somewhere other than CAE, Flight safety ?

Mr M

Max Payne
18th Apr 2013, 08:51
If you are looking for a FAA Falcon 2000 Classic type rating, you might try this: Aviation 2000 Pilot Training Courses (http://www.aviation2000inc.com/courses.html)

MrMutra
18th Apr 2013, 14:18
Thanks Max

Already tried, problem is he can only type rate on the aircraft and as I dont have access to one this isnt going to be possible. Renting a Falcon 2000 by the hour to complete the rating isnt going to be cost effective, unless you know of a cheap one Max? But thanks for the link.

Anyone with any other links ?

Mr M

Max Payne
18th Apr 2013, 16:33
Is there a job that comes along with the rating? Personally, I would not invest into a Falcon 2000 Classic rating anymore; the best quote that I got for a Falcon 2000EX EASy FAA SIC rating is 19.900 USD. Yet, if you want to fly it in Europe, you have to get the rating onto an EASA licence, which will be considerably more expensive because of the six landings w/ TRI.

jetopa
23rd Apr 2013, 11:05
Anyone with any other links ?

Mr. Mutra,

there are - at least to my knowledge - only four simulators of the F2000 (classic) worldwide: three in the US and one in Paris. All of them operated by either FSI or CAE.

To get your type rating, you can either use these flight schools or do it using the actual airplane. But I cannot imagine why anybody would do that...