PDA

View Full Version : PPL SEP 1-year instructor form needed

Gemeen_Aapje
17th Apr 2013, 10:22
Hi guys,

I have a UK CAA PPL licence with SEP.

I'm in the 2nd year of my licence now (last 12 months) and am trying to achieve my 12 hours plus 1 hour with an instructor.

Yesterday I did the hour with the instructor but in Holland (where I live now). The instructor signed a form to say he'd given me the lesson, but it's from the Dutch CAA (KIWA) which is all in Dutch.

He said he will be happy to sign a UK CAA form if I can get it for him... but I can't find it online.

Please can someone help me obtain this?

Many thanks in advance
Matthew Deemer

nick14
17th Apr 2013, 11:34
All that is required is the instructor to sign the entry in the logbook as dual and enter his licence number and qualification.

Gemeen_Aapje
22nd Apr 2013, 14:33
Hi Nick

Thanks, but it's different here. I actually thought that was the case (that it should be dual) but here in NL they don't do that... they write it as Pilot in Command and the instructor signs a piece of paper (that hour then still goes towards your 12 hours).

Really don't know what to do. My instructor has signed my logged book but not as a Dual flight. He's also a Dutch / JAR instructor, not UK.

Apologies for the delay replying and thanks for your advice

Matt

nick14
22nd Apr 2013, 14:54
If you have a CAA issued licence then you must comply with UK procedures so if the instructor has signed your log book all should be fine.

If in doubt email the CAA direct.

Duchess_Driver
22nd Apr 2013, 14:56
As Nick said, it is the examiner who will check that you have the experience requirements to revalidate. If he is happy then he will sign the ratings page in your licence and sign the paperwork which goes off to the authority.

A JAA (now EASA) is a JAA (now EASA) instructor, it shouldn't matter which country he is in.

DD

Gemeen_Aapje
22nd Apr 2013, 15:51
Ok so it's also ok for me to get a Dutch examiner to finalise the paperwork?

nick14
22nd Apr 2013, 16:01
Yes as long as he has informed the CAA and recieved the examiner briefing.

Level Attitude
22nd Apr 2013, 16:27
achieve my 12 hours plus 1 hour with an instructor.
To be pedantic: It is 12 hours total, which must include a minimum of
1 hour with an instructor (must also include minimum 6 hours PIC).

Thanks, but it's different here. I actually thought that was the case (that it should be dual) but here in NL they don't do that... they write it as Pilot in Command and the instructor signs a piece of paper (that hour then still goes towards your 12 hours).
EASA is very clear: It must be a training flight of at least one hour.
Therefore you would need 1 hour Dual in your Log Book.

My Reference: Part-FCL.740.A Para(b)

but here in NL they don't do that... they write it as Pilot in Command and the instructor signs a piece of paper
So your instructor didn't log anything himself then?!?
All you have done is have a flight with a Passenger.
(UK won't even accept PICUS in the situation you have described)

cessnapete
24th Apr 2013, 14:43
The CAA FCL Dept. don't answer E Mails anymore. I have been waiting for 6 weeks for an answer to a licence application. Other than an auto reply, nothing after two reminders.

nick14
24th Apr 2013, 16:24
They can not ignore a phone call.

Essentially if you hold a CAA licence you must abide by UK rules as has been stated above not Dutch procedures. If you lie in Holland you could transfer your licence?