View Full Version : Expired National Rating

Trevor Farmer
16th Apr 2013, 18:05
I have an old CAA National licence and the single engine piston rating therein has recently expired. Given EASA how do I now renew the rating as presumably I cannot do a flight test in an Annex 1 type aircraft.
Or can I?

17th Apr 2013, 07:27
As far as I am aware you could renew your expired rating with an examiner on you national licence on any aircraft (2015 you must hold an EASA licence for private flying on EASA aircraft) and then depending on your circumstances either apply for an EASA licence or keep your national one if your flying annex II aircraft that don't have an equivalent EASA rating.

Trevor Farmer
17th Apr 2013, 18:53
Thanks for that.

18th Apr 2013, 12:38
To renew the SEP Class rating you must now go to a PPL school (Registered Facility or ATO and obtain an assessment. This may or may not involve training. As you say it has only recently expired so they may only need to sign the form SRG 1119D (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG1119Denabled.pdf) Course Completion Certificate. You can then complete a licencing Proficiency Check and the Examiner can sign the rating if not expired by more than 3 years.

If you want to keep flying Annex 1 (EASA) aircraft you will need to obtain an EASA licence by 8th April 2014