PDA

View Full Version : Seeking for suggestion of intensive PPL course

I_Einzbern
14th Apr 2013, 04:58
Hi y'all, thank you for clicking in this thread...
Er...I am totally fresh for this area, though I mentioned that my aim is PPL in the title.
Here is something make it complicated...
· I am currently a high school student. In fact, I'm only 16.
"The FAA says you must be at least 16 years old to fly solo with a student pilot certificate, and 17 years old to get a pilot's license."
Will school enroll me? Can I take the theory examinations and training on aircraft first and then take the final skills test when I am age-appropratie?
I really won't have time to do things other than academics when I get older.
· I am an non-native speaker, and my first language has no any similarity with English. Though I do have a TOEFL score, it was 90. (120 is the full mark.) Will that be a problem? My speaking is poor but the other are fine.
· I go to school in U.S. (So is the M-1 visa essential for me since I am already holding the F-1 visa?
· The fund will not be a concern. Though I am trying to be prudent, safety and not getting trouble are the most important things. And it's even more important especially I am a girl.

Besides, I am still kinda confused. How would be pass, or to say, get the PPL?
JAA Medical class 2-theory exams(including paper and oral?)- flight record for more than 40 hours with at least 10 solo- Final Skills Exam
Is that all?

It would be very nice of you if anyone of you has experienced any intensive course in US and has a school to recommend to me, 'cause I am really worry about it.:-D