PDA

View Full Version : Flying 6 days and more in a row?

Yeah
10th Apr 2013, 18:08
Hi,
I can't find EU-OPS according to max days of flight duty period in row. I remember that after 6 days of flying you should have 2 days off but I can't find it.
any ideas?

Denti
10th Apr 2013, 18:48
Well, actually after 7 days of work you need a rest of at least 36 hours which has to contain two local nights. If the rest is 40 hours or longer and the local authority agrees the second local night can end at 4:00 local time. To be honest, it is 168 hours between the end and the beginning of a rest time outlined above.

Every other restriction is either an additional local rule which will be voided once your country switches over to EASA-OPS or some CLA.

Yeah
10th Apr 2013, 19:07
Thanks, I found it in OPS, but there is written nothing about 7 days. Or I miss something...

JammedStab
11th Apr 2013, 07:19
Thank goodness those regs don't apply in my country. We can do 15 in a row for the airline I was working at and then have a nice 2 weeks off. Miss the three weeks on, three weeks off we used to have. Just shows how the regs can work against a decent lifestyle as well as for depending on the situation.

Denti
11th Apr 2013, 09:05
Actually, as i said it is in the OPS (1.1110 2.1) as 168 hours, which equals 7 times 24 hours. That is why it is called a weekly rest time.

There are two weeks on two weeks off contracts over here as well, however you have to have those rest times in between duties. Same as other rest times it is just a normal rest time between duties, just a tad longer than the others.