PDA

View Full Version : B737NG A/T

Flying4Ever
9th Apr 2013, 21:34
Hey,

I've been reading the 737NG FCOM but I cant seem to find the answer to something I've been wondering, so I'll ask you all experts.

You are on approach, you have disconnected A/P and A/T. At say 250 baro, you have to go around. Now, with A/T not armed (since you disengagged it) if you pushed those TO/GA buttons on the thrust levers, would A/T engage and give you TO/GA thrust?

Cheers.

exeng
9th Apr 2013, 21:42
However if on the approach de-select speed (rather than disconnecting the A/T) the A/T is waiting in the background, and when TOGA is selected you will get reduced go-around thrust.

There are other advantages also to de-selecting speed but I hope I have answered this question.

Regards
Exeng

BOAC
9th Apr 2013, 21:51
As exeng says - time to be a pilot again. You will get g/a F/D.

Flying4Ever
10th Apr 2013, 15:23
However if on the approach de-select speed (rather than disconnecting the A/T) the A/T is waiting in the background

Ha. Why did I not think about that. Thanks for the answers.

RAT 5
11th Apr 2013, 12:56
To answer your question: NO. The de-selecting speed has been a topic of conversation around the pilot bazaars for years. There are many schools of thought about it. I think it came about due to the feature on some other Boeing types, but it is not a Boeing procedure on B737NG's. Much will depend on your SOP's and how they are written.