PDA

View Full Version : GAPAN Interviews

tobster911
8th Apr 2013, 14:39
Hello there,

Does anyone know the kinds of question I may get asked if I get an interview at GAPAN for their PPL Scholarships?

Thank you

Regards

T

2 sheds
8th Apr 2013, 15:57
Searching questions about why you would like a PPL Scholarship, perchance?

2 s

Another St Ivian
11th Apr 2013, 06:53
I was awarded a GAPAN scholarship a number of years ago (...lawks, feel old reflecting on that now!).

Anyway, first off - relax. They're not their to examine you. You will likely meet with three very experienced professional pilots who have a genuine interest to find out about you, your experiences and your motivation. Ultimately what they will be trying to deduce is that you are genuinely keen about aviation, and that the opportunity would be a helping hand on to a longer term career in aviation. They know you're not an experienced pilot yet, so don't worry about being given a thorough technical grilling.

My pointers would be;

- Have a clear idea about where you want to go in the future

- Understand how you could get there, and in turn, how GAPAN's scholarship could help you.

- Do your research on GAPAN. Who are they, how do they support aviation, what initiatives do they undertake?

- Read up on the basics of flying. How does a wing make lift, what's a stall, what's a spin...that sort of thing.

Best of luck, and remember, they want to hear all about you (a rare opportunity amongst fellow pilots!), so sit back and enjoy the conversation :ok:

shlittlenellie
13th Apr 2013, 19:31
Why not join GAPAN and show an interest that you're prepared to maintain whether you gain the scholarship or not. This will be well received.