PDA

View Full Version : Examiner Paperwork for NPPL LPC

S-Works
8th Apr 2013, 08:53
I tend not to see NPPL applicants with expired ratings for some reason so am a little clear on paperwork. I know the paperwork for an initial skill test but need some guidance for an LPC. There is nothing on the CAA or NPPL websites giving advice and nothing in the Examiner Handbook.

What paperwork is required to do an LPC for them and does anything need submitting to the CAA?

BEagle
8th Apr 2013, 09:57
There is no such thing as an 'LPC' for NPPL holders. If they need to revalidate/renew their rating(s) by test, you simply use the normal NPPL GST format. Then enter the new dates in the licence.

See CAP804 Part I Section 5 Part A, Subpart 1 Page 4 para 3.9.2.

There is no paperwork to send to the CAA.

S-Works
8th Apr 2013, 11:31
Thanks Beagle.

justmaybe
8th Apr 2013, 16:14
Would it be beyond the capability of CAA LTS to produce a simple matrix to assist FIs and FEs with this administrative minefield of revals and renewals, particularly in the SEP scenario? I previously raised the issue of the various forms on another thread, but surely the Authority must be aware of the problems it is singularly creating. This is simply not acceptable, and I hope at least AOPA (of which I am a member) is pushing strongly for a resolution.

ifitaintboeing
8th Apr 2013, 16:39
The FEH has a row which states the forms to use for each event. Unfortunately it was written before all of the forms were changed, and hasn't been amended to reflect the updated SRG 1157 which was produced as a result of feedback.

Table N2B answers Bose-X's question. However, for more information it refers you to Table 4B...which for the more observent isn't actually in the FEH.

ifitaint...

BEagle
14th Apr 2013, 07:47
....surely the Authority must be aware of the problems it is singularly creating.

It is.

...and I hope at least AOPA (of which I am a member) is pushing strongly for a resolution.

We are!

justmaybe
14th Apr 2013, 08:04
Thank you. That is reassuring.:)