PDA

View Full Version : Would you overfly North Korea now?

warmkiter
3rd Apr 2013, 00:22
Dear Collaegues

Just a hypothetical question:

Your dispatcher has filed a routing from Japan to Europe via Seoul and Pjönjang FIRs

Considering the actual political situation, would you fly as filed or request a rerouting around the conflicting areas?

Why?

We are talking here about commercial ops with a heavy airliner, not a B2 or similar :-)

Cheers

marianoberna
3rd Apr 2013, 00:24
My cessna 150 doesn't have that much range :P

Intruder
3rd Apr 2013, 03:50
Been going through Pyongyang routinely on the Russian route ANC-ICN. No changes due to recent posturing...

JammedStab
3rd Apr 2013, 13:53
Someone I know who overflies NK every once in a while says that he makes sure to give Mr. Kim the finger at least once while in their airspace.

Evanelpus
3rd Apr 2013, 15:35
Someone I know who overflies NK every once in a while says that he makes sure to give Mr. Kim the finger at least once while in their airspace.

Excellent, I always used to do a similar thing every time I flew over France. Always went for a wee (sometimes a number two) and flushed. I know, I know it doesn't come out of the aircraft but it always made me smile. Wonder what my fellow passengers used to think when I came out of the can with a silly grin on my face.