PDA

View Full Version : Cross Crediting Hours

Flying_Anorak
2nd Apr 2013, 21:39
Hi,

I'm hoping that one of you (Beagle?) will know the answer to the following questions:

I currently have an NPPL (SSEA) and am hoping to complete a TMG rating in the next month or two. My Licence was issued in May 2012 and therefore my understanding is that to renew this I need to do 5hrs between May 2013 and 2014. Is this correct and that I have no need to do five hours in the first year since issue (e.g before May 2013).

Second question - if I get a TMG rating, do I have to do 5hrs in both types to renew my licence or can I count hours done in a TMG to renew my SSEA and vice versa?

Thanks in anticipation.

Paul

Flying_Anorak
3rd Apr 2013, 22:31
Anyone know please?

Tupperware Pilot
4th Apr 2013, 06:52
Morning Paul,
Once you have both all you need is the min(10?) hours P1. Does not matter on which type. Then do one hour per type ( so two hours) with an instructor at the renewal (or in the 12 months) before the renawal date in your case May 2014. So May 2013-14 as you say is when you need to do the hours.
Question....is the NPPL an SLMG not a TMG?
Hope this helps....
Damien

Prop swinger
4th Apr 2013, 07:32
If it's an NPPL, it will indeed be an SLMG rating, not a TMG.

The rating revalidation criteria are summarised in the NPPL FAQs page under "How many hours each year do I need in order to keep my NPPL current? (http://www.nationalprivatepilotslicence.co.uk/faq.php)".

Without knowing how many hours you've done since gaining the licence I can't say how much you still need to do to revalidate. When you have additional ratings, you need to do a minimum of 1 hour P1 in each to keep it valid. All the other requirements can be a combined total across all classes, ie hours in an SLMG will keep the SSEA valid as long as you do at least 1 hour P1 in an SSEA.