PDA

View Full Version : San Sebastian to Jersey

Tolka
30th Mar 2013, 15:44
I am planning a flight from Jersey to San Sebastian (LESO) and back. I know that LESO is no longer an airport of entry for Spain. I therefore intend to land at a French airport of entry after leaving Jersey in order to get into the Schengen area. What I am wondering about is the return trip. Can I fly directly from LESO to Jersey?

172driver
30th Mar 2013, 16:20
With all the mandatory handling and other :mad: going on in Spain, why don't you fly to Biarritz and drive? Two birds, one stone.....

S-Works
30th Mar 2013, 17:24
Go to Santander. Point of entry and just up the coast.

Level100
30th Mar 2013, 17:56
You also might want to consider the AVGAS price (I do not have the most recent numbers at hand, but I rememember from 2011 something like, compared to France, almost 0.5 Euro more per litre!!!!!:E).

You did not indicate the type of A/C for the planned trip which could influence
the choice. But basically I would consider Nantes (LFRS), La Rochelle (LFBH) and, indeed, Biarritz (LFBZ) as already pointed out from which .
Note that close to the major airport La Rochelle is the 1000m long Grass RWY on the Island of Oleron (LFBH), no fees and AVGAS availablable from Total exploited by the airclub.

As for the return trip you should ask the question at home, since the Spanish are not concerned (you get their customs clearance in the LESO office for the outbound flight). But my answer is clearly YES.

Have a nice flt!

dublinpilot
2nd Apr 2013, 19:02
As far as I'm aware, you cannot leave the schengen zone without clearing out in the same way that you have to clear into the zone.

I have no idea if you can clear out at LESO, but as you say that you can't clear in, I'd be very surprised if you can clear out.

dp

mikesworld
4th Apr 2013, 15:41
If you go via Biarritz be aware that you have to book a slot and the landing and parking charges are pretty eye watering too.
Cab from Biarritz to San Sebastion is about 80 - 100 euros if you hire a car make sure the hotel has a parking space or you'll be stuffed parking in SB is a nightmare.
However the place is brilliant if your into Pinchos Tapas etc you'll be in heaven.