PDA

View Full Version : MEP Reval

brn-2-fly
27th Mar 2013, 19:57
Hi guys,
I'm aware this might be in the wrong forum but as in instructor I thought I'd ask other fellow instructors who may be in the know!

I thought I'd become very well acquainted with CAP804 since its release, but seem to not be able to find some information I need to know.

Regarding IR revalidations, if its not revalidated within the year, the person in question would have to visit an ATO to receive refresher training before being put forward to re-test in the aircraft. These refresher training sessions are set by the amount of time the rating has been expired by, say over 3 months but under 1 year would require 2 training sessions, for example.

My question actually regards the MEP rating. If the MEP rating is not revalidated within the year, is it the same process as with the IR, in terms of having to go to an ATO for refresher training? I can't seem to pinpoint this information written down anywhere.

If I've missed something, then a point in the right direction would be great.

Thanks, Brn.

Whopity
27th Mar 2013, 20:11
Exactly the same, see FCL.740
(b) Renewal. If a class or type rating has expired, the applicant shall:
(1) take refresher training at an ATO, when necessary to reach the level of proficiency necessary to safely operate the relevant class or type of aircraft; and
(2) pass a proficiency check in accordance with Appendix 9 to this Part.
The amount of training is entirely up to the ATO, the quoted figures are merely suggestions and are not mandatory requirements.

brn-2-fly
27th Mar 2013, 20:18
Whopity, thank you very much.

I assumed it would be, but wanted to be 100% clear in my head.

I will have a good read through FCL.740 as well, in case I find myself needing to answer any more questions!

Cheers again, Brn.

Descending
28th Mar 2013, 14:06
So, back to the IR, if it expires by a few weeks, a discussion with IRI and signed bit of paper before test would be ok if in regular IR flying?

S-Works
28th Mar 2013, 14:18
No, discussion with Head of Training of an ATO and either a training plan or a course completion certificate stating no training required.