PDA

View Full Version : any thoughts on cabro aviation aberdeen? and medicals

jeedy
24th Mar 2013, 20:30
hi,

i've just found the details for cabro aviation and they look like a good choice for doing my pplim just wondering if anyone has been there or knows anything about their aircraft?

also a while back i checked the caa website about the medicals in particular eyesight requirements and it said astigmatism up to 5 dioptres for class 2 and 2 dioptres for class 1. but now they appear to be the same. have i misread or have they changed it or is it a fault with their website?
cheers
jeedy

kui2324
25th Mar 2013, 07:39
They have four aircraft kept at Signature Aberdeen. 2 Cessna 152s, a Cessna 172 and a PA28 warrior. They train using the local area but also have an arrangement with Perth for circuits. So you get all the radio experience of flying at a bigger airport but also the experience of less restrictive airspace.

Aircraft are well maintained and well equipped. They have a pool of part time instructors who all have a lot of aviation experience.

If you've found Cabro online why not contact the owner Alan via their website?

jeedy
25th Mar 2013, 09:44
thanks for the info, i've called and it all sounds good.

Unusual Attitude
25th Mar 2013, 09:49
I know and have flown with a few of the people involved, good bunch and nice aircraft, look forward to seeing you in the circuit at Perth!

Regards

UA

kui2324
25th Mar 2013, 11:21
As for your vision question Visual System GM | Medical | Personal Licences and Training (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=49&pagetype=90&pageid=13885) is the current guidance. Best discussed with an AME for a Class 2 but if thinking you might go further with the flying training consider getting a Class 1 from the outset.