PDA

View Full Version : King KR85 ADF

A and C
24th Mar 2013, 17:17
Following the withdrawal from service of the last King KR85 ADF from my fleet I have three receivers, three indicators and two loop antennas that are surplus to requirements.

Any one who wants this kit can have it FOC, I offer no warranty what so ever, you collect it from the Booker area, you donate one bottle of Shiraz to help me get over the departure of this fine radio kit.

jxk
24th Mar 2013, 17:47
No more Radio 4 to listen to when imbibing the Shiraz then!

tmmorris
24th Mar 2013, 18:16
I shall miss it..!

Still, will be nice to have a working ADF once the work is finished.

Tim

S-Works
24th Mar 2013, 21:39
Could I take one from you please. Mine is misbehaving and something that would slot in would be a good fix!

peterh337
25th Mar 2013, 11:24
I offer no warranty what so ever, you collect it from the Booker area, you donate one bottle of Shiraz to help me get over the departure of this fine radio kit.

It's going to be worthless unless installed off the books, or in a homebuilt, or processed via an EASA145 company for a new EASA-1 form :)

Of course nobody will install something off the books ;)

phiggsbroadband
25th Mar 2013, 12:39
Hi AandC, I don't suppose you have a KR86 ADF... The one with the built in
display?
Ours has a stuck meter needle.

Pete

A and C
26th Mar 2013, 08:53
Peter337 is quite correct in the fact that you can't just fit this kit to an aircraft but I can give the new owner a copy of the worksheets covering the removal of the kit, this will give any EASA145 radio shop the provenance they need to test or rectify the kit and issue a form 1.

I would expect all of these boxes to be quite useful for parts, the thing that usually writes off KR85's is the unavalabiity of the switch gear, this is good on these boxes and these parts can be recovered.

Sorry Pete....... I have no KR86 parts.

Mickey Kaye
26th Mar 2013, 20:51
I could do with a one as well. Sadly don't live anywhere need Booker but would be happy to pay postage.

A and C
26th Mar 2013, 21:32
OK guys I now have homes for all the equipment, I am back in the UK after Easter and will try to make arrangements to get it to you.

Bose-x & Mickey Kay I will post further n the subject on this forum.