PDA

View Full Version : Pershore Worcestershire - Please visit

GK430
20th Mar 2013, 13:16
The former RAF Pershore has restricted airspace around it for 364 days of the year, however it is open on that 365th day - June 8th this year.

Air Show - Throckmorton Air Show (http://www.throckmortonairshow.com/airshow.htm)

We would love to offer slots to a variety of different aircraft for the spectators to see and will look forward to your request through the online link.

Full brieifng details will be e-mailed to attendees prior to the event, however we hope to open the longer concrete runway this year and will notify
details accordingly.

vanhigher
20th Mar 2013, 21:13
Sounds great GK430 , look forward to flying in this year , trust the weather will be kinder this year !!:)

GK430
21st Mar 2013, 19:14
Thanks vanhigher - I do not wish to contemplate Wx like last year - fishing in the North Sea would have left me and the car in a drier condition.

The Jet Provost got in on the shorter runway last year, so I am sure your mighty twin will cope well on the longer concrete runway and from my foray
in one day last year, the surface is quite abrasive.

The VIP treatment will await.....umbrella not included.

piperboy84
21st Mar 2013, 19:36
Sign me up, I,m in !!

Tried to come last year and kill 2 birds with one stone, fly into the air show and attend my uncle Willie's 80th (he owns the farm across the fence from the Throckmorton airfield), unfortunately the weather was awful and I ended up driving down from Forfar

Will be there this year weather allowing.

GK430
21st Mar 2013, 22:17
Great - Look forward to seeing your Mighty M!

GK430
31st May 2013, 16:36
Thank you to all who have booked slots for next weekend.
We are now at what we regard to be capacity, however if you live within
driving distance please come and enjoy what promises to be a good day out.

The RAF Typhoon tops the bill but with many other aerial activity and ground based entertainment.

All details by seearching 'Throckmorton air show'

May this great weather continue!

BEagle
31st May 2013, 18:47
The last time I flew into Pershore was 25 Mar 1975 - my IRT in a Gnat from Valley, one of the most difficult exercises of the entire course...

Gnat T1 XP511, flight time 1:10 of which all but 0:05 was on the dials. ILS at Pershore, QGH to PAR at Valley and then a second PAR on s'by instruments. Astonishingly, I passed first time.

So, happy memories of Pershore! I hope you have a good air show!

GK430
31st May 2013, 20:57
Thanks Beagle - a lot of effort going in to bring the old Rwy 03/21 into good shape for a whole day!
My father was based at Defford in the early '50's so all close to home.....well, for a New Zealander!

chevvron
1st Jun 2013, 15:21
It was RRE Pershore not RAF in latter days. (Royal Radar Establishment). When it closed, most of the aircraft were transferred to RAE Bedford, and the ferry from Farnborough landed at Staverton to serve the research base at Malvern.

GK430
1st Jun 2013, 18:00
Chevron,

You would not believe how many acronyms appeared to Malvern, Pershore & Defford on local highway sign posts.
Just glad I was not paying rates and council tax!!

Nobody seems to remember the fact that Morganite Crucible operated the company Jetstream from there after everyone else pulled out