PDA

View Full Version : Airbus Autobrake Problem ?

mtrcurse
15th Mar 2013, 19:55
Hi there

using fsx wilco & feelthere a340-600 rr

i having this problem frequently; the aircraft doesnt autobrake when you touchdown even set max or 4-3-2 what ever...

my question is, in real life or virtual environmental is there a EXACT procedure exist about autobrakes and you should do or should not to do for affecting the operation of autobrakes or is this a fault belong to add on producer

Thanks in Advance and Best regards

WhyByFlier
15th Mar 2013, 20:44
Max is not arm-able in the air. It's a T/O only brake for RTOs. Just press Low or Med and it should illuminate to indicate armed. The trigger for auto brake is the ground spoilers and the trigger for the ground spoilers is weight on wheels with thrust levers at idle if spoilers armed or at least one reverser open if spoilers not armed.

From FCOM:

SYSTEM ACTIVATION Automatic braking is activated: ‐ at the command for ground spoilers extension (Refer to DSC-27-10-20-C Speed Brakes and Ground Spoilers - Speed Brake Control), for LO and MED mode. ‐ at the command for ground spoilers extension and the aircraft speed is above 40 kt, for MAX mode. Therefore, if the aircraft makes an acceleration stop and begins to decelerate when its speed is under 72 kt, the automatic braking will not activate because the ground spoilers will not extend. For autobrake to activate, at least two SEC's must be operative.

pineteam
6th Jul 2015, 11:17
Hello guys,

Yesterday, I experienced my first RTO on an Airbus A 321. We had "EPR Mode fault on initial take off roll and the captain decided to reject the Take off.
We were around 80kt IAS.

Also shortly after we had "burnt smell" in the cockpit. Which I believe were the tires due to the hard braking. The captain decided to switch off the Engine 1 just in case. Then he asked me to pull out the single engine taxi. Then I realised in the FCOM, they only put a procedure for taxi on one engine using the Engine 1 only. Nothing about the Engine 2... Apart from the PTU running, is there any other restrictions to taxi the plane with Engine 2 only?

Thank you for your inputs.:O