PDA

View Full Version : smartcockpit.com - who is behind it?

hptaccv
10th Mar 2013, 16:23
Hi,

in another thread I stumbled across a reference to smartcockpit.com. I dimly recount the site being around for a while now, but wasn't able to find any information on who is behind it...?

p.s. where has the 'Questions' section gone??

BOAC
10th Mar 2013, 16:41
Have you looked around?

Airmann
10th Mar 2013, 17:52
I used their questions to prepare for a TR, helped a lot. Just be careful as some of their material is old (I used my own manuals) and some of the answers to the questions are wrong (site has been updates since I used so questions may be fixed). I was using the A320 section, which is good, can't vouch for other types.

The Questions have been moved to the "My Quiz" section. Click on the tab under the MyCockpit Logo. Can also be accessed on individual aircraft page by clicking on "Quiz Start Now" button next to the aircraft picture. Much better since it now tracks your progress.

You can email them [email protected] if you want more info, they don't seem to have added any information about who they are that run the site.

Edit: Pinged the Site, and the server is in France

hptaccv
13th Mar 2013, 21:18
I was just plain interested - thought it might not necessarily be called for to post tech details on airliners free-for-all on the web, which led me to ask who's behind it.

Doesn't seem to be a problem though...

LindbergB767
18th Mar 2013, 11:19
One of the guy behind it is Ludovic He is French
he use to fly B767/757/and probably 737
I d ont know what he is doing now
But his Site is a very good tool for pilots or peoples interested in Aviation

BUT lately I am trying the site and it d ont work

Seems you have to log IN But it do not work anymore on my PC as well as IPAD

Please anybody know why

lazyboy464
31st Mar 2013, 17:39
I have just downloaded the App for iPhone (more than 4EUR), but so far I am very disappointed: the question banks for ALL the airplanes listed cannot be downloaded as it says "File not found" and I find the app quite a rip-off, since it offers the same info available on the regular internet site, but shown in a lousy presentation.
I tried to contact the developer ([email protected]), but the server does not recognize the address and rejects the message ( Remote MTA mail.smartcockpit.com: SMTP diagnostic: 550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table).
I also sent a request for refund to the Apple store, but frankly I am not too confident in receiving my money back. To make it short: I have wasted my money and a lot of valuable time for nothing (so far). The internet site seems to work ok with the quizzes, once you log in.