PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying Xcountry tomorrow (Tue 23rd)...

Simon W
22nd Apr 2002, 22:39
... weather forecast looks good, nerves are starting to kick in (must remember to buy some mars bars for the trip). Chart and log is marked up, no excuses now. I shall post back here once it's done to let you know how it went.

Regards,

Simon

CBG
23rd Apr 2002, 07:48
Best of luck mate

Who has control?
23rd Apr 2002, 07:55
Good luck, I'm sure that it will be fine. Where are you going? And what time?

tomcs
23rd Apr 2002, 11:01
Good luck....even though you will have already done it by the time u read this. It's the next big step!

Tom

PIC1DAY
23rd Apr 2002, 12:48
Top tip => Make sure you are familiar with the joining procedure at the "unseen" aerodrome. Don't just rock up and hope you'll figure it out (my mistake at Southend). Guess I learnt though. Best of luck.

tomcs
23rd Apr 2002, 14:47
I have to agree with PIC1DAY there. I was in an unusual situation with mine because i did NO land aways before my qualifying cross country. Which is not the norm...my instructor must have had confidence!!!. My first A/D was Exeter International and that was fun :D. And then off to the Isle of Wight. But I could have easily gone tits up if I had not thoroughly checked and gone through the AIP and pooleys flight guide. Since i did it last summer I have visited at least 10 new/unseen aerodromes and each time...PPPPP (Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance!!)

Just a thought!

Tom

Simon W
23rd Apr 2002, 15:26
Didn't do it today.

Route: Wycombe > Goodwood (land). Goodwood > Bournemouth (land). Bournemouth > Wycombe (land)

Forecast showed broken cloud down at 1100 feet around the south coast and it didn't look like it was going to get much better until later on in the afternoon and then I would've been very tight on time. Decided to put it off till next week. Ended up just flying out into the local area and enjoying the clear vis.

Oh well, fingers crossed for next week.

Simon

AerBabe
23rd Apr 2002, 17:32
Good luck both of you!
Weather is fantastic for it today and tomorrow, reminds me of when I did it *sigh*
Enjoy... it's your first time as a 'real' pilot!

Ooh... and remember to post and tell us how you got on! :)

VCR
23rd Apr 2002, 18:19
Tsk! Tsk!
Should have gone West!
Weather here at Gloucester has been virtually CAVOK since 1000L....vis not spectacular but sufficient for G-KI and G-SL to successfully complete their QXC's...(congratulations if you're Ppruners)...and we're cheaper than Bournemouth!!

knobbygb
25th Apr 2002, 19:20
So, piperpilot, did you get it done today then?

E.Mids and Humberside? is that the 'standard' trip from Sherburn then? Hope to be doing mine from there by the end of the summer all being well, but it seem soooooo far away at the moment.

Good luck Simon, for whenever...