PDA

View Full Version : Abu Dhabi Peak Time

RunSick
17th Feb 2013, 04:01
Hi guys, what´s up with this????
Vectors all over the place, change of plans for planes already with 10 minutes of wandering around the skies, "80 track miles to touchdown" and 10 minutes later "100 miles to touchdown"????? I understand planes have been diverting due to low fuel. I know you are doing your best but it seems not to be working very well.

Is there anything on the plans for an improvement? Is there anything (any extra info or whatever) that pilots can provide in order to help with this?

I get the impression also that specially when using the ATUDO arrival it just doesn´t ever fit into the sequence. Please confirm if taht is the case, so extra fuel when this arrival is planned can be taken, avoiding stressful situations to everyone.

Thanks for any reply and Happy controlling!

Gulfstreamaviator
17th Feb 2013, 08:50
Soon to be renamed Abu Dhabi North.

Its not called CENTRAL for nothing.

glf

BlueSkye
18th Feb 2013, 05:53
I have two words for Abu Dhabi Approach: "The Hold". Park them in the hold at XAKUM & KIXID during the busy period then pick'em off one by one. Easy to manage the fuel, EATs, track miles, less workload etc. If they divert then so be it.

DESDI OR BUST
22nd Feb 2013, 15:55
Couldn't agree more with BlueSkye. I've literally given up asking Abu Dhabi if they would like me to hold traffic them until such time they get the "plan" back in action. To be honest, its comical watching them fool around with the aircraft. You end up making your own plan and see if that's it! Come on guys. Learn to use the hold. FFS!