PDA

View Full Version : Phonecards in Europe??

Will Rogers
20th Apr 2002, 12:14
Could anyone please advise where I can get a phonecard much like the AT&T one in the states?

I need to be able to "refill" it using a credit card and have to be able to make international calls. I have heard that AT&T has a card for europe but I have been unable to find any information on it.

Ant information, suggestions, comments and/or ideas are appreciated!

Will :)

Sharjah Night Shift
20th Apr 2002, 18:46
I have not bothered with phone cards since getting a tri-band GSM cellphone. It works in any country except Japan who have a different system.

It is far more convenient than finding a public phone when your hotel has blocked the phone card access numbers and it can receive incomming calls.

Will Rogers
22nd Apr 2002, 16:00
I agree and actually carry two tri-band phones (business and private) but it gets so darn expensive to call the wifie sometimes!!

Again. Any info appreciated!

Will :)

bookworm
23rd Apr 2002, 10:38
Most providers offer cheap calls only from one country, and apply a hefty access charge on top of that.

I've used Alpha Telecom (http://www.alphatelecom.co.uk/) before reasonably happily, though I haven't used it recently.

That's good from the UK (e.g. 4p/min to Germany), and there's information on access charges (e.g. 9p extra from Germany) on the site.