PDA

View Full Version : looping

alfarisi
9th Feb 2013, 12:37
Excuse me, i am taking a scholarship to be an aircraft engineering. i need a help to answer this question..

the question is: "if aircraft is using it max thrust when it starts the loop, how can it climb vertically when lift no longer counter weight and there is no extra thrust available to also counter the drag plus the weight which are both now acting downward?"

thank you for your attention

Dan Winterland
10th Feb 2013, 03:02
Momentum. Assuming the aircraft doesn't have a thrust ratio geater than one to one, if you hold the aircraft in the vertical, it will slow dwon to the point the energy is lost and the aircraft will fall out of the manoeuvre. I say "fall out" because if there is no wing loading, the aircraft will not stall at 0g.

fantom
10th Feb 2013, 14:45
I'll ask you one:

What's the difference between inertia and momentum?

5LY
12th Feb 2013, 14:03
The term momentum assumes movement. Inertia occurs wherever there is mass a mass in motion or not, that some external force is trying to move or change the rate or direction of movement. For example: my financial advisor wants me to vacum the kitchen and I'm experiencing inertia. Eventually my carnal desires will overcome my inertia and I'll develop the momentum to break free of the current attraction.