PDA

View Full Version : MATS Part 2 LATCC

Watching
19th Apr 2002, 19:09
I am trying to get hold of a copy of MATS part 2 for LATCC / NERC. but I am unsure where to obtain it from. It has been suggested that it is also available on CD but I can not find anyone who supplies it.

Can someone please help

terrain safe
19th Apr 2002, 20:07
Mats Pt 2 for LACC is indeed on CD-ROM only. Very, very awkward to use when you are a trainee. I need to use a paper version as I am an old person and I don't read a screen very well.

BDiONU
20th Apr 2002, 21:05
Assuming you are NATS personnel (and why else would you read the MATS Pt 2, unless you're insomniac?!) then electronic versions are available online in the company intranet ONAIR. You can then print them out.
Of the available versions there's LTCC, LACC and (I think) ScOACC.

HTH

Watching
23rd Apr 2002, 17:16
The assumption that I am NATS personnel is incorrect and I am not an insomniac either. I just have a genuine interest in the subject.

The info that there are three versions LTCC, LACC and ScOACC available, and they are only availabe on CD (Or NATS intranet) is most useful.

Assuming that SCoACC is Scottish, where can I get a copy of the CD's containing the other two ?

BDiONU
23rd Apr 2002, 19:28
Watching:

Rather a curious hobby to read MATS Pt 2 IMHO!! :D The Part 2 for LACC is put together by the training section and distributed by the library staff. I'm fairly sure that a polite letter stating your reason for wanting a CD would result in the training section sending one to you.
Yes ScOACC is the Scottish Centre (Scottish and Oceanic Area Control Centre) and whilst I don't know for sure I would suggest a similar course of action to obtain one of their CD's

HTH

P.S. LATCC no longer exists. There is the LACC (London Area Control Centre) at Swanwick (formerly known as NERC) and the LTCC (London Terminal Control Centre) still housed at West Drayton but due to move to LACC. Which I guess means that it'll be LATCC again! :)

BDiONU
23rd Apr 2002, 19:30
p.p.s. Whilst I hate to spoil your read you should know that it was the butler who done it.

Watching
24th Apr 2002, 13:04
Take3Call5

I do not have a hobby of reading MATS part2 as I imagine reading it from cover to cover would be like reading the London telephone book.

However it does contain a lot of interesting reference/ technical information that is of interest.

Is there one training section for both LACC & LTCC or two. Do you have a contact name and address. Phone number woudl also be useful.

I did wonder about writing to NATS but given the general comments on this forum about them, I guessed I would get a very short reply.

Rudolph Hucker
24th Apr 2002, 16:50
Hi Watching

Don't think I'm a party pooper, but in this day and age of NATS Ltd, commercial world living for our mob means that your chances of obtaining any MATS Part 2 is nil.

And another thing, to dispel the previous posts, training sections don't write MATS Pt 2s, that's down to the ops sections in case one of them are reading this and getting upset. Oh sorry, they can't read....

Cheers Rudie

BDiONU
24th Apr 2002, 20:07
Rudolph Hucker:

Actually there was no ATC Ops section at LACC when the MATS Pt 2 was written. It was done by the ATC Procedures team, who's sterling staff were project team and are now working back in the Ops room (hello Andy, Mark, Ross & CC!). If you peruse my previous post carefully you'll note I said that the CD was "put together" by the training section, as opposed to written by.
The CD costs a few pence and I cannot envisage any reason why someone with a bonefida interest wouldn't be given one free, gratis and for nothing (assuming they have a bonefida interest).

It is now true to say that the ATC Ops Support section (ruled by 'the hat') 'manage' the MATS Pt 2.

Roger That
24th Apr 2002, 22:05
Watching (and colleagues)

The latest CD of the ScACC Part 2 [hot off the press - or whatever the electronic equivilent of a press is !] says ....

"© National Air Traffic Services Ltd. All rights reserved. The documents and the information contained herein are the property of National Air Traffic Services Ltd. They must not be reproduced in whole or in part, stored in a retrieval system, distributed or transmitted in any form or by any means, except with the prior written consent of the Director, Area Control Services"

Which means that you should write and ask Mr I Hall, Director ACS (ACS HQ, Centre Place, LTCC, Porters Way, West Drayton etc) for a copy.

Best of luck !!!:D :D :D

RT

Watching
24th Apr 2002, 22:38
Thanks, What do they do with all the old ones ?

I can see Mr Hall being very interested, he probably does not even know that his name is on the CD.:D

Bright-Ling
25th Apr 2002, 11:40
It is a shame that the Pt2 went on to a CD-ROM recently...... the old one was soft, strong and throroughly absorbable!

(and you can't read a CD-ROM on the bog!!)

Watching
26th Apr 2002, 00:34
RogerOut

I can imagine I would get an even less positive response from S*rco if I asked them. They probably would not even admit to having a copy.

Anything is not hard to come by, if you have access to it. :mad:

-----------
Of course aviation personnel are aware of relevant parts and controllers are quite happy to provide facts or explanations when asked
---------

This is not my experience. no one even posted a single reply to my last question ::(

BEXIL160
26th Apr 2002, 07:04
I understand the need for NATS to be "commercially minded", and selling the CD of the part two for any NATS unit doesn't cause me a problem.

I can't see what "commercially sensitive info" is contained therein. ALL the info should be in the public domain, much like the AIP. You pay for it, but the actual info is not a secret.

Unless of course you know different....
rgds BEX

BDiONU
26th Apr 2002, 07:20
Was gonna say earlier that the MATS Pt2 is hardly a secret to the airlines, at least not since they bought us!

Rudolph Hucker
26th Apr 2002, 15:59
Sorry Take 3 - no offence to Andy W and the 'old guys' but I can't be doing with this ATCP/Ops Support business. To correct you though, 'the Hat' is Head of ATC P, while the 'Crutchman' is the Ops Support bloke and Pete Chambers (aka 'the housewives favourite') is in charge of ATC Systems. End of the day, they're all ATC Ops! Wonder why they haven't got their mugshots outside the ops room like the rest of the others, perhaps they too busy doing real work.....!

Anyway back to the subject. Spoke to an office waller who confirmed that the Part 2 is 'intellectual property' in company legal jargon and therefore supplied on an 'official use only' basis to external to NATS folk (CAA SRG was an example quoted). Guess that kills the chance of anyone picking a copy up.

Cheers

Rudolph

IFollowRoads
28th Apr 2002, 09:26
Interesting reading from all. I must declare I have an interest here too, as I have been told that the manual has the preferred routing for IFR flights around the London TMA. If this isn't the case, then I've lost a fair amount of interest (although curiousity in items is proportional to the level of restictions :D )

If there is somewhere else I could find out about these preferred routes, particularly for aerodromes near but not in the TMA, could anyone be so kind as to provide vectors as to how to obtain them?

tia