PDA

View Full Version : The future of B767

POS_INT
3rd Feb 2013, 19:53
Hi!!

I have had a great interest in the B767 for many years, yet I have never worked on the aircraft and know very little about it.

I am curious to know what sort of Future the B767 has commercially and is it true that airlines are starting to phase the aircraft out?

if so how long could we expect to see B767 in service?

very intrested to hear your comments on this wonderful aircraft :)

toffeez
3rd Feb 2013, 20:29
Airbus designed the A330-200 to be a 767-killer.

Job Done.

Even the 767-300ER is too small to be an efficient long haul machine.

Remember, in this business today's star becomes tomorrow's dog very quickly.

Love it while you can ...

Flying Mechanic
3rd Feb 2013, 20:33
Well they still make them, so you will see them around for a good 20 years. I think even fed ex ordered a few more last year. Many current pax version will see there days out as freighters.long live the 767! Would love to fly one, but happy on my Gulfstream right now.

The Dominican
3rd Feb 2013, 20:35
Currently flying the good'ol 76 so I'm biased:ok: although the A/C is 30plus years old, it is still a very productive and dependable platform in its weight range, I anticipate that you will see 76's operating for another 15-20 years. But of course after the teething problems of the 78 and the problems to come for the A350 are ironed out, then the 76 will begin a gradual slope into irrelevance.
I have to say now that I have been flying it for a few years, that I understand why the 75/76 series have such a good reputation amongst pilots, they are very straight forward, easy to fly and dependable machines.

Spooky 2
3rd Feb 2013, 20:38
They will be around for many years to come. Mostly freighters along with USAF/IAF/JDC tankers with a few pax aircraft mixed in for good measure. A lot of A330's will be broken up and discarded while the 767 is still flying.

Metro man
3rd Feb 2013, 23:19
It will probably continue as a freighter, replacing DC8, B727, B747 Classic etc. Possible use on the Hadj and with lower tier passenger operators. It's two flight crew, twin engined and has the alphabet soup of EFIS, ETOPS, TCAS, RNAV etc so there are still plenty of opportunities to try and make money with it for foreseeable future.

However expect to see the major airlines replacing them with newer technology.