View Full Version : The sun has got its hat on !

piperboy84
2nd Feb 2013, 10:10
And it’s coming out to play, finally! a decent day. Got the plane all washed and fuelled, strip is nice and hard with the frost last night, and I am just mulling will it be the “The Road And The Miles To Bonnie Dundee”, or” Westering Home With A Song in the Air to Oban, or “The Northern Lights of old Aberdeen” or maybe even over the Silvery Tay to see “The Wee Cooper O’ Fife”. Whatever it’s gonna be, I'm definitely flying today YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAH

God I love this addiction.

Halfbaked_Boy
2nd Feb 2013, 10:16
You'd never get away with singing the original words to that song nowadays!

abgd
2nd Feb 2013, 12:49
Annoyingly, had the plane booked then canceled due to the 20 knot crosswind predicted. I gather it's 8 knots more or less down the runway.

Old skool Alex
2nd Feb 2013, 13:46
Windy and waterlogged where I am :(

piperboy84
2nd Feb 2013, 14:36
halfbaked boy

You'd never get away with singing the original words to that song nowadays!

Oh I don't know about that, those modern day rappers with their lyrics lamenting that "pimping ain't easy" and the trouble they have keeping their "ho's in line" is pretty much along the same vein as Wee Cooper, although arguably not as melodic.

localflighteast
2nd Feb 2013, 15:20
I've just had my lesson cancelled due to snow :(
:mad: useless flight services, " there's no chance of snow in Toronto today, the winds are in the wrong direction for lake effect"

I beg to differ sir, I appear to be wearing evidence to the contrary

India Four Two
2nd Feb 2013, 19:22
No problem with precip or temperatures here in Saigon. We're in the middle of the dry season, highs of 35 C and lows of 25 C.

What IS a problem is the complete lack of GA!

piperboy84
2nd Feb 2013, 19:51
What IS a problem is the complete lack of GA!

Why is that? Is it a cultural/political thing that private aviation was frowned upon in the past or is it economic?

Maoraigh1
2nd Feb 2013, 20:54
Oban had a lot of parked planes at 13.00 today. Pity it closed at 14.00. Snow on the hills, sun through broken cloud. Flew through Glencoe. Flew up Loch and Glen Creran. After refuelling at Oban, flew through the Mull hills, which had little snow, to Eigg. Cloud was down on Rum, which showed no snow, but the in the distance the Cuilleans were white and in sunshine. As cloud was lowering on the mainland hills I turned back and went up Loch Sunart before returning to Inverness down the Glen. 3.5 tach hours.

piperboy84
2nd Feb 2013, 21:00
Oban had a lot of parked planes at 13.00 today. Pity it closed at 14.00. Snow on the hills, sun through broken cloud. Flew through Glencoe. Flew up Loch and Glen Creran. After refuelling at Oban, flew through the Mull hills, which had little snow, to Eigg. Cloud was down on Rum, which showed no snow, but the in the distance the Cuilleans were white and in sunshine. As cloud was lowering on the mainland hills I turned back and went up Loch Sunart before returning to Inverness down the Glen. 3.5 tach hours

Now that's my kinda flight, good on ya

India Four Two
3rd Feb 2013, 09:22
PB84,

It is a combination of past economic times combined with very slow regulatory change. There are a few private bizjets and turboprops here now, but nothing smaller, other than at an airline pilot academy.

However, there is a growing middle-class with more disposable income, so hobbies and sporting activities are growing, but it will be a long time before GA "takes off".

So I save my pennies, aviate vicariously by reading PPRuNe and then splurge once a year in New Zealand, like this:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/india42/IMG_0768a.jpg

and this:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/india42/Screenshot2012-01-31at000824.png

:ok: