PDA

View Full Version : FI Renewal

chaders
1st Feb 2013, 19:57
Hi All,

My FI(A) is about to expire and although I'm not actually using it at the minute I was thinking about renewing it before expiry. I'm a little confused as before in LASORs it mentioned having 15 hours of instructing within the last 12 months of the rating validity which I don't have. However FCL.940.FI suggests that I just need 50 hours instructing withing the validity of the rating (Which I do have) and it doesn't mention anything in the previous 12 months unless IR privileges are required.

Which is it?

Whopity
1st Feb 2013, 22:01
FCL.940.FI suggests that I just need 50 hours Far from being a suggestion, that is now the law. LASORS is DEAD and buried.

chaders
2nd Feb 2013, 09:53
As I thought but every FI examiner I've spoke to has said I need to go away and do either 15 hours instructing or a Seminar as well as proficiency test. Just to confirm I have over 50 hours instruction within the validity of the rating.

Whopity
2nd Feb 2013, 12:15
If you did a Seminar last time then you must do a Prof Check this time; if you did a Prof Check last time, you can do either a Seminar or Prof Check.
every FI examiner I've spoke to has said I need to go away and do either 15 hours instructing or a Seminar as well as proficiency test.I think that illustrates the level of confusion caused by the total lack of coherent communication from the CAA. Maybe that's to justify the new Examiner Standardisation courses!

Level Attitude
2nd Feb 2013, 23:57
Chaders
Have you tried "On-Track Aviation"?
Their website states FI Renewal requirements straight out of Part-FCL