PDA

View Full Version : Avweb

FlyingForFun
19th Apr 2002, 10:59
Does anyone here read Avweb (http://www.avweb.com) ? Any idea what's happened to it? It normally gets updated every Monday/Thursday with new articles and news. But there's been no change now since at least last Thursday.

FFF
---------

FlyingForFun
19th Apr 2002, 13:06
Hmm, might be a problem at my end... when I click on a link (e.g. letters, or question of the week) it gives me this week's letters, or this week's question of the week. Seems it's just the front page that's causing problems.

I suspect the front page may be cached somewhere within my company... can someone please open up the web site and confirm whether the first line of the first news article is "Walking up the flag-lined entrance to this year's Sun 'n Fun, it's not hard to feel the energy of the largest U.S. fly-in of the spring..." If it's not, then I have an IT problem here.

Thanks!

FFF
-----------

Evo7
19th Apr 2002, 13:15
First line of Latest News is

GA FORECAST: MANUFACTURERS DIG IN FOR COLD SUMMER... This week's General Aviation Forecast Conference in Wichita, Kan., saw industry representatives mixing with FAA'ers for their annual look at the future of general aviation.

The front page is dated Friday 19 April 2002

FlyingForFun
19th Apr 2002, 13:23
Thanks Evo - seems like I'll have to raise this with the IT guys here then, coz that's not what I've got. Sorry for the false alert.

FFF
---------

poetpilot
19th Apr 2002, 18:06
I have a setting where it emails me with a summary each time they change the page - so I got one this morning when i logged on for my mail (with headline as indicated above).