PDA

View Full Version : Student Records

Pull what
30th Jan 2013, 15:03
I've been looking at some FIC notes from other schools and note there is no information or advice on the completion of student records. Looking at some of our actual school ones there is a variety of styles from superfluous encyclopaedic write ups to the basic, 'satisfactory progress'.

I would be interested to know how many instructors received any advice on their FI course or on joining their school or club, apart from 'don't forget to fill them in at the end of the day'!

Anybody got any rules or tips for the content and depth etc.?

My only rule is the student gets to see them, so be careful what you write and always write them so that next instructor can see what's been done and what needs to be done! Emergency and abnormal practices are noted too of course.

OneIn60rule
30th Jan 2013, 16:22
Well no,

I can't recall anyone showing how you should be writing it up. I read other records before I ever had to write one.

Whopity
2nd Feb 2013, 12:18
Until EASA came in there was no legal requirement for student records however; now that there is an EU legal requirement and all schools will have to be approved as ATOs then these are the sort of details that will have to go in the ATOs approved manuals. All will become clear; at a price!