PDA

View Full Version : Friends of Chris (Block) Kennedy - Australian and Irish ATC

Open Mike
26th Jan 2013, 09:31
(Passing this on behalf of Civil Air ATC Australia)

By now, many members may be aware of the passing of Kellie, wife of Chris Kennedy and mother of three young girls.

Chris was formerly the Civil Air Melbourne Centre delegate, a Vice President Administrative and also a major organiser of the 2005 IFATCA Conference in Melbourne. Chris left Australia to work in Ireland and had only relocated back to Tasmania last year. It would be hard to overstate the affect that his wife’s sudden death has had, not only on many of our members, but also around the world. It is devastating news.

There have been several requests made to me if there is a way that people may be able to contribute financially to help the family. To this end, Civil Air is making available an account to which donations for Chris and his family can be made for a period of three weeks only. This covers two pay periods and should allow anyone who is wishing to contribute to do so. All funds will be passed on to Chris to do as he sees fit in helping his family through this terrible time.

The Account details are:
Air Officers Pty Ltd
BSB 083- 004
Account 556085249

More information:

Donations in Memory of Kellie Kennedy (http://kennedyfamilyfund.wordpress.com/)

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
26th Jan 2013, 09:46
As I know exactly what it means to lose a wife, Chris has my deepest sympathy. RIP Kellie.

confused atco
27th Jan 2013, 16:45
My condolences to Chris.

I am not on Facebook so if a paypal is setup for donations send me the details.

Regards

Blockla
30th Jan 2013, 04:12
I can't believe how widespread the messages of love and support have been and be assured they have uplifted me.

We will continue to do our best and Kellie will live on through our girls, Jazlyn ( 9 ), Lucinda ( 8 ) and Ashlee ( 4 ). The establishment of the fund / donations have overwhelmed me and I realy appreciate the support. Our lives have changed a lot since hanging up my headset for family and lifestyle (location), they have changed even more now.

Kellie (41) was taken in the prime of her life, without warning, she was with me normal and jovial as she always was then she wasn't there anymore; having a hard time at the moment; but the support has been tremndously uplifting. I can't thank you enough.

Cheers,
Block :ok::ok:

Open Mike
31st Jan 2013, 04:28
For the overseas friends and colleagues of Block, a PayPal Donation Account has been setup so that you can help in whatever way possible.

The details are hosted on a dedicated Civil Air webpage located here (http://www.civilair.asn.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1944&Itemid=155)

confused atco
2nd Feb 2013, 13:59
Paypal not working

Waterfall
4th Feb 2013, 08:50
worked ok a few days ago