PDA

View Full Version : Trident Sim Session. Any takers.?

BRL
18th Apr 2002, 13:58
I have had a few conversations regarding Andy's Trident Sim at Biggin Hill. Would anyone be up for a pprune day out to it.?

Check out the web-site here Trident Sim Details. (http://www.tridentsim.com)

It costs £70 pound an hour and is usually booked in block hours. The cost and time in the sim will obviously depend on how many want to go to it. What will happen is to book times in the sim. Half an hour in the right seat and half in the left. Have people turning up at specified times.

The dates in mind are.... 4th June. or 12th, 13th June.
If youre game, put your name down now and i will sort things out soon.

DOC.400
18th Apr 2002, 14:13
Very much up for sharing some time on this BRL -can't do 4/6 but other dates look OK.

Rgds
DOC

New Bloke
18th Apr 2002, 14:41
Count me in, I have done it before and it is good fun.

gyrohead
18th Apr 2002, 17:46
I'm there! I'll let you know the preferential date later!:)

Wrong Stuff
18th Apr 2002, 19:24
Yup, me too please. Any of the dates fine.

sennadog
18th Apr 2002, 20:14
but would there be any point in a PPL coming along (assuming of course that I have my PPL by then) for a crack?

:confused:

MikeSamuel
18th Apr 2002, 21:01
How do these things work? Do you have to be qualified to any standard at all...I am studying for the PPL...I like the sound of this, but would I be wasting time/money?

Thanks,

MS :D

Ooops didn't realise it was during the week...They clash with my A Level exams, so count me out this time!

FlyingForFun
19th Apr 2002, 07:06
Hmm, why do all the interesting things happen on a weekday? :(

(Well, not all the interesting things...)

FFF
-----------

DOC.400
19th Apr 2002, 10:09
So we can go flying at the weekend FFF!!!

DOC

Saab Dastard
19th Apr 2002, 12:44
BRL,

Sounds like the kind of thing worth taking a day off work for! :D

Count me among the probables - have to check the proposed date (when determined) to ensure that it doesn't clash with other engagements like hols, things the wife has told me to remember, etc ;)

Wonder if it will count towards and IMC?

SD

BRL
19th Apr 2002, 14:18
Sennadog. There will be an instructor there to show you the ropes. Anyone can have a go. Even better if you know a thing or two about flying. Just try it to see what its like having a go of a big jet, how they handle etc......

Mikey.... Anyone can go in it. You don't need any flying experiance at all but a little understanding of things would help.

If you look at the date of 4th June, I think that day is a bank-holiday kind of thingy, i am sure its the day after the jubilee or something so its a national holiday. Most people will have the day off work.

If anyone wants to suggest a weekend date then put it down here, most of us are pretty flexible. Lets see what comes up.

As for the cost, depends on how many go. Your looking at 30 mins in both the right and left hand seats and you can do anything, practise circuits of Gatwick or something like that or just get the feel of flying a big jet.

Scenario..."Can anyone here fly a plane.!!!!!! " Well, heres the chance to see if you could land a big jet...... I reckon i could do it no problem but then again, the biggest thing i have flown is a Pa28.!!!! Can't wait to see if i get anywhere near the airport, never mind the runway.!!! :)

Just come and have a go, whats a few hours and a couple of quid in exchange for a good time.??

More details to follow.

gyrohead
19th Apr 2002, 16:36
Can we start having some definites!! 4th of June for me sounds good. Where is the sim anyway, and do we need to start making deposits???

sennadog
19th Apr 2002, 18:13
OK, I'm in but it will have to be the weekend slot as I'm on holiday that first week..

Final 3 Greens
19th Apr 2002, 18:27
Big Red L

Just to answer SAAB Dastard's question about whether hours count towards an IMC, could I point out to the forum that this sim is unapproved and therefore hours cannot be logged.

However, it is the same sim that BA used to train their pilots and it is a fantastic training environmnt; I have 14 hours on it and would commend it to anyone with a PPL , so long as you have a good instructor.

FYI, I have PPL/NR, 220 hours and the sim has made me much more accurate and thoughtful in my flying. When I did my last training flight for JAR sign off, I was achieving +/- 50 feet on a very convective day, whereas presim it would have been three or four times that.

So in terms of vfm, its a snip and well worth the effort; also, don't be intimidated by the fact that its a jet sim ... your not there for an airline check with all the systems nasties - just to fly a plane and when you have a grasp of the attitudes, power settings and configurations you reliase that it is still an aeroplane, even though a cousin once removed from a spamcan.

I'd certainly be up for a session and would be very happy to play the role of FO, since I have a reasonable understanding of the procedures and could do the things that take the pressure of the person in the LHS - plse let me know if this would assist.

:) F3G

BRL
19th Apr 2002, 20:51
Ok, How about these dates.. Fri 31st May or Sat 22nd June. These are just days that are handy for me so if you want to go another time, let us know here. I will give this a few days to see what interest is shown then make a positive date based on what you all think.

Final 3 Greens That would be a great help if you could assist. I will e-mail and we can sort something out. Thanks.

3db
20th Apr 2002, 08:50
Count me in. I can't make 22 June, other dates OK. Can we fix the date soon please.

Evo7
20th Apr 2002, 08:56
I'm also a possible/probable, date and work permitting... :)

Thunderbird2
23rd Apr 2002, 17:42
This sounds like a good crack to me, stick me on the list.

All the dates mentioned are OK with me.

:D

BRL
23rd Apr 2002, 20:25
How about Sunday 26th May. Deposit of £20 non-returnable. I want to book it sometime next week.

3db
23rd Apr 2002, 21:15
Big Red L,

What happened? Dates given were 31 May, 4, 12, 13 or 22 June. I can't make any Sunday.

BRL
24th Apr 2002, 07:48
3db I am just basing it on the e-mails i have had this past week. Unfortunatley, there is not one simple date that everyone can go to. Give us a date when you can go and see if we can book it again for the people who can't make it this time around.

FlyingForFun
24th Apr 2002, 08:19
Definitely interested - BRL, I'll wait until you fix a date, then see if I can make it. I can't make it if it's a working day, though - weekends and bank holidays are good, although I do have a few busy weekends coming up, so I'll wait and see what you arrange first.

FFF
---------------

foghorn
24th Apr 2002, 09:14
If it's the 26th May, Big Red L, count me in also!

cheers!
foggy.

gyrohead
24th Apr 2002, 09:39
:) 26th May is fine for me. How can I give you the 20 smackers??