View Full Version : CRI course on own aeroplane?

22nd Jan 2013, 17:11

Does anyone know if it is possible to do a CRI (SEP) course on ones own aeroplane (a/c is on a private EASA C of A)?


22nd Jan 2013, 19:52
Yes it is possible if the aircraft is suitable. It will need to be put on the schools list of approved aircraft. You might like to look at AIC White 1/2011 (http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadbasic/pamslight-BC58EFBA5E800FB688B34BFDE89C24BF/7FE5QZZF3FXUS/EN/AIC/W/001-2011/EG_Circ_2011_W_001_en_2011-01-27.pdf) Best to discuss it with the ATO/FTO where you want to do the training.

28th Jan 2013, 15:03
Thanks Whopity.

Just checked the AIC and it says that for an EASA aircraft ''individuals are permitted to pay an instructor for training in their own private solely-owned or jointly owned EASA aircraft.''

It also seems to be possible for non-EASA aircraft (C of A and Permit) , although there are some restrictions attached, but for EASA aircraft there doesn't appear to be the same restrictions/caveats. Insurance would need to cover 'use for flying training' though.

Do you know where it says the aircraft needs to be added to the schools list of approved aircraft. I guess this is just a general requirement for the school (to conduct flying training) rather than specific to this particular situation?


28th Jan 2013, 22:26
It can be found here (http://www.ilent.nl/Images/Bijlage%20VII%20Deel%20ORA%20AMC%20en%20GM_tcm334-329623.pdf) in AMC1 ORA.ATO.105 Application in the ATO application form. The registration of all aircraft is required, so any additional aircraft will need to be added to the approval.