PDA

View Full Version : Transfer of MEP from ICAO to EASA

S-Works
20th Jan 2013, 17:43
I have a friend who owns a twin on the N reg who wants to add the MEP onto his JAA licence and of course convert it to Part FCL at the same time.

I am struggling to find reference to what needs to be done. Old world it was just a skill test. Is it still the same or some new and pointlessly convoluted excercise?

Curtis E Carr
20th Jan 2013, 17:52
From Part C to Annex III of Commission Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011:

C. ACCEPTANCE OF CLASS AND TYPE RATINGS

1. A valid class or type rating contained in a licence issued by a third country may be inserted in a Part-FCL licence provided that the applicant:

(a) complies with the experience requirements and the prerequisites for the issue of the applicable type or class rating in accordance with Part-FCL;

(b) passes the relevant skill test for the issue of the applicable type or class rating in accordance with Part-FCL;

(c) is in current flying practice;

(d) has no less than:

(i) for aeroplane class ratings, 100 hours of flight experience as a pilot in that class;

(ii) for aeroplane type ratings, 500 hours of flight experience as a pilot in that type;

(iii) for single-engine helicopters with a maximum certificated take-off mass of up to 3 175 kg, 100 hours of flight experience as a pilot in that type;

(iv) for all other helicopters, 350 hours of flight experience as a pilot in that class.

S-Works
20th Jan 2013, 19:23
Thanks Curtis. Just what I needed. I must be going blind as I am usually que good at finding that stuff!

So basically I can just do a skill test for him as I suspected.

stuclark
20th Jan 2013, 21:36
Must be all that sherry.....

S-Works
21st Jan 2013, 07:34
It was a daft place for them to leave it.....:p