PDA

View Full Version : easyJet / Ryanair - RNAV GNSS.

TotalBeginner
20th Jan 2013, 13:37
Does anyone know if Ryanair and easyJet are flying RNAV GNSS approaches? I know that Ryanair have been flying certain NPAs using VNAV for some time, I'm just curious to know if they have approval for GNSS?

Sir George Cayley
21st Jan 2013, 21:09
Won't the destination have to have an IAP too?

EdnaClouds
29th Jan 2013, 17:43
Ryanair - No

Denti
29th Jan 2013, 20:43
Normal RNAV GNSS approaches or RNP AR? The latter one is quite a different beast. Not to mention GNSS based precision approaches, currently GLS on the 737 as standard equipment.

Right Way Up
30th Jan 2013, 09:47
easyJet - yes

Zippy Monster
30th Jan 2013, 15:14
Won't the destination have to have an IAP too?

Destination alternate (or destination itself if no alternate planned) must have a non-RNAV instrument approach available if an RNAV approach is intended at destination. So to answer your question, not necessarily.

For example... flew into Bordeaux not too long ago and they were on 05 with the VOR u/s. Available approaches were RNAV or visual. Alternate was La Rochelle, with ILS available - so both ok.

OhNoCB
5th Nov 2014, 23:40
I've heard that Ryanair have just received approval in the last weeks for RNAV GNSS approaches using LNAV and LNAV/VNAV.

OhNoCB
6th Nov 2014, 22:38
I don't know what authority that document holds, or how old it is, or if there is room for negotiation with it. It states minimum rwy width 45m but I think Ryanair operate to narrower strips than this. Someone working there could maybe confirm.