PDA

View Full Version : Renewing JAR ATPL with EASA ATPL

bingofuel
15th Jan 2013, 20:19
My UK issued JAR ATPL is shortly due for calendar renewal.

Looking at the CAA website form SRG 1102 only applies to UK issued licences, .

Does a JAR ATPL issued by the UK CAA count as a UK licence or does this refer to the old UK ATPL?

Form SRG 1104 would seem to be the form for conversion to a EASA licence, but is a renewal a conversion?

At the foot of the form are the guidance notes with regard to supporting documentation namely the ratings pages and medical. Surely the CAA have copies of medicals and valid ratings as each revalidation requires a form to be sent to them. However copies of these forms need to be certified by the head of training of an ATO.
As I am renewing my licence and am not connected with any ATO, how do I comply with this documentation certification?

Or am I missing something here?

Can anyone who has had their licence recently renewed, or anyone who can understand the current situation give me any guidance?

TRY2FLY
15th Jan 2013, 21:29
Call the licensing dept. in the CAA, they'll tell you in two shakes what form you need

OPEN DES
16th Jan 2013, 04:01
As long as it is valid it would be a conversion.

If you go there in person for same day service you donīt have to get anything certified.
Just show up with your ATPL, SRG1104 and most importantly your creditcard.
Hand in your paperwork before 12 and you should get your new EASA license by 1630. Arrive early to avoid disappointment.

cerealkiller
18th Jan 2013, 09:21
Hi all,
similar question for a type rating revalidation.
Do I need to send both SRG 1119B and 2199?
I thought 1119B was enough but in a note on page 3 they say: "Applicants are advised that the licence will not be issued until the corresponding Examiner's Report Form is received".
I guess in this form only part 1 and 2 have to be filled.
Any help please.