PDA

View Full Version : instructing/ flying much ?

pipertommy
13th Jan 2013, 17:55
Wondering what other parts of UK are finding Jan for bookings ? Seems Very quiet this month. I know it's normally quiet but feels even more so:(

flystrathclyde
13th Jan 2013, 18:24
The biggest problem we are having is the weather!

There seem to be plenty of booking; but it might be misleading as we are getting lots or 're-booking' with lessons cancelled due weather.

RTN11
13th Jan 2013, 18:25
Hardly a thing on at the two schools I occasionally help out at.

Lots of instructors sitting around with nothing to do seems to be the trend just now.

pipertommy
13th Jan 2013, 19:17
Sounds a common theme. I instruct part time. Sun always shines when I can't fly and rains on my flying days.
Been a long couple of months.

RVR800
21st Jan 2013, 13:09
Yes, Very quiet generally

Meanwhile EASA ploughs on with its implementaion of more regulations

Which will make things a lot better (Not)

dobbin1
22nd Jan 2013, 12:52
Very quiet here at our school "darn sarf". We have perhaps 4 bookings for weekend days and virtually nothing during the week. Of course the weather is not helping, currently all runways u/s.

hobbit1983
22nd Jan 2013, 18:59
Plenty of bookings. Gash weather.

pipertommy
3rd Feb 2013, 16:01
Gash weather indeed. Yet another day cancelled, mist.
Need a break from this weather!

Esperanza
3rd Feb 2013, 16:58
It's been a slow start to the year in the Midlands. We were really busy before Christmas. It's the same most years. The weather hasn't helped. Business is picking up slowly. I've flown 4.6 hours today (including a new starter), and two of my chaps have got 100% in written exams. Four flights booked in for tomorrow, but the strong winds may yet again scupper my plans. Thank goodness for ground school.

Esperanza
3rd Feb 2013, 17:03
PS. If your school is quiet then does it have a Facebook page. I manage our company's page. Having one has helped to entice people to our airfield. Free advertising. It has to be worth a go.

michelda
4th Feb 2013, 05:05
Hi guys,

I'd like to know instruction FTL (FI,IRI etc) and intermix instruction and commercial operation in your country.

Thanks
D.

Esperanza
6th Feb 2013, 06:40
More bad weather today. It's really not helping. Bookings for next week are well down. Hardly surprising...who wants to go flying in bad weather? I've become so bored that I've arranged an instructor revalidation to keep me entertained. Desperate times.

pipertommy
6th Feb 2013, 20:05
Fingers crossed we have a good season.

Esperanza
7th Feb 2013, 06:47
I've been flying 550-600 hours per year for as long as I can remember. There's always good & bad times. It all averages out over the year.

Echo Romeo
8th Feb 2013, 15:30
Coupled with the weather, will be the rising cost of fuel, Brent crude is nudging $120 a barrel and has been unstoppable of late.

If it carries on upward we'll see £2.50 a ltr before the season gets going :{

1Bingo
2nd Mar 2013, 18:31
Need to move to Florida.